Senate to debate Bernie Sanders Single-Payer Health Plan Wed

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Senate to debate Bernie Sanders Single-Payer Health Plan Wed

Post by SETIsLady » 12-15-2009 11:39 PM

WASHINGTON, December 15 - The Senate on Wednesday will debate for the first time in American history a proposal to create a single-payer, Medicare-for-all health care system.

"In my view, the single-payer approach is the only way we will ever have a cost-effective, comprehensive health care system in this country," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), whose amendment will come before the Senate.

The Sanders Amendment would provide health care and dental coverage for every American, save money, and improve health care results.

More:

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/15-9

rumike
Pirate

Re: Senate to debate Bernie Sanders Single-Payer Health Plan

Post by rumike » 12-15-2009 11:49 PM

SETIsLady wrote: The Sanders Amendment would provide health care and dental coverage for every American, save money, and improve health care results.

So of course I predict it will go nowhere in the Senate.

The founding fathers designed the Senate to be an elite group of people who could stop the will of the people, who were considered uneducated chattel unfit for self-rule. They were wrong. Now this elite bunch have become nothing but a nonfunctional arm of corporate fascism.

And no, I haven't been reading old Quinn posts. Im just furious over the developments over health care.
Anchors Aweigh!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 12-16-2009 02:37 AM

Me, too, Rumlike... Rod says we're just about at the tipping point for my healthcare premiums. He says if it goes up again in January, we're going to have to give up our 2nd tier of cable to afford the healthcare premiums, and most of the things we watch are on cable, not the networks, so I'm hoping that's a decision we won't have to make.

I know it sounds petty, compared to all the people who have NO insurance at all, but I feel my provider has cheated all the members in my plan, by jacking up the premiums twice a year for the past 6, and then failing to cover more and more every six months.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the elected officials, and with the healthcare providers, both who make unfathomable profits at the taxpayers' expenses.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”