Gov Dean in 2012?

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 12-17-2009 10:01 PM

SL, you said exactly how I feel.
Anchors Aweigh!

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 12-17-2009 10:23 PM

I knew when he appointed Turbo Timmay at Treasury, reappointed Bernanke as Fed Chair, surrounded himself with people like Larry Summers, Salazar at Interior, etc. that it was not going to be the Change You Can Believe In...it was more of the same old, same old.

And he's shown no leadership on HC Reform, where I expected a whole lot more than the giveaway to the insurance industry that we are going to be saddled with. Disappointing to say the least.

I knew he was not a progressive, but I thought he had leadership potential. I am still waiting for that to emerge.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 12-17-2009 10:29 PM

He has leadership potential, he needs to stop letting others call the shots. I think Gibbs is a smart ass, and I really liked Axelrod but he made a statement today that pissed me off. Obama is the President not Rahm or anyone else. We voted for him. I still absolutely believe that he meant what he said, he is just letting others "show him the ropes", we don't need that we have seen that before.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 12-18-2009 03:10 AM

SETIsLady wrote: There are some things that I am disappointed about Laura, Health care is one of them right now. I still support him and am cutting him some slack, he walked into a mess on 1/20/09 and its not a mess that will be cleaned up overnight. However, the health care, doesn't resemble what I had hoped for or what I have been fighting for, I don't blame that all on him. But he does need to put his foot down and as Linnea said stop trying to make everyone happy.

I am extremely disappointed in all those that are supposed to be speaking for us and are not. Race posted an article earlier today that all incumbants had better be very concerned. I agree with that all the way. I think many are very comfortable in their jobs WITH their healthcare.

Regarding Howard Dean, he seems to have some wind beneath his wings right now and I like him, very much. But its too soon to say how things will go imo.

Agree.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”