Susan Boyle Winner Britain’s Got Talent?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 09-22-2009 03:09 AM

Oh, and here is Susan Boyle's official new website for her music, and comments:

http://www.susanboylemusic.com/us/

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-22-2009 10:44 AM

Looking forward to the release of her CD, you can pre-order it on her website.

Linnea

Susan Boyle - CD I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Linnea » 10-14-2009 05:03 AM

The cover for Susan Boyle's eagerly-anticipated debut album has been revealed.

On it the 48-year-old Scotswoman looks a world away from the nervous church volunteer who sang her heart out on Britain's Got Talent earlier this year.

"It was my greatest ambition to release an album. I have finally achieved it," says Susan, whose disc has already topped Amazon's bestsellers list, with thousands of copies being pre-ordered.

The album, due to hit the shelves on November 23, includes covers of Daydream Believer, Cry Me a River, Madonna's You'll See, and Silent Night.

It's a busy time for Susan, who is being lined up to sing on X Factor next month, her first live British TV appearance since shooting to fame.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebritie ... 4/general/

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-14-2009 05:45 AM

Awesome. How lovely. :) I'll have to make myself another of the thousands on that list.

Dare to Dream. That's Susan's message to me... to all of us, really.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 10-14-2009 09:26 PM

I'm very proud of her.:)
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-24-2009 02:14 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... lling.html

Susan Boyle's album set to become year's fastest selling

Susan Boyle's new album I Dreamed A Dream is on target to become the fastest selling of the year.

Published: 11:30PM GMT 23 Nov 2009

It looks set to shift up to 150,000 copies on the first day of its release on Monday, a store said.

HMV said initial sales from the chain and other entertainment retailers suggested Boyle's debut album has been selling an amount that most major new albums would typically sell in a week.

The figure includes massive online pre-orders that have been placed by customers over the past few weeks.

HMV is revising its estimate for total weekly sales upwards, from the 300,000 that the retailer initially projected, to a figure closer to 400,000.

This would make the album the biggest and fastest-selling release of 2009. The sales would be comparable to those of Take That's The Circus in December last year, which sold 432,490 copies in its week of release.

The chain reported that sales are particularly huge in Scotland, where some customers are snapping up multiple copies.

HMV is now also predicting that the album will be the Christmas number one.

The store's Gennaro Castaldo said: ''The Susan Boyle story just keeps getting bigger and more fantastic.

''Our hmv.com online store had one of its largest-ever pre-orders for an album and now we're seeing a huge surge in demand in our stores, though especially in Susan's native Scotland.

''People of all ages seem to be buying it, and it's clearly going to be one of the must-have gift items this Christmas.

''Susan's accomplished performance on the X Factor has given the album a massive, timely boost, and it now has the momentum to challenge the likes of Leona, JLS and The Soldiers for the Christmas number one.''

--

Susan Boyle's new album I Dreamed A Dream will probably shift up to 150,000 copies on the first day of its release Photo: REUTERS
racehorse

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-24-2009 11:37 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... ocket.html

Susan Boyle gets own US TV special as album sales rocket

Susan Boyle has landed her own US television special as her debut album I Dreamed A Dream shapes up to become the year's fastest seller.

By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor

Published: 1:15PM GMT 24 Nov 2009

The Britain's Got Talent sensation will be the star of a one hour documentary produced by Simon Cowell.

I Dreamed A Dream: The Susan Boyle Story will air on the TV Guide Channel in the US on December 13, and will trace her extraordinary journey from obscurity to global fame. It will feature performances from Boyle alongside interviews with friends and celebrity supporters.

The 48-year-old is expected to shift 400,000 copies of her album by the end of the week, becoming the biggest and fastest-selling release of 2009. It sold 130,000 on its first day alone.

Gennaro Castaldo of HMV said: "People of all ages seem to be buying it, and it's clearly going to be one of the must-have gift items this Christmas. Susan's accomplished performance on The X Factor has given the album a massive, timely boost."

After singing on Sunday night's X Factor show, the 48-year-old flew to the US where she wowed the audience on the Today show with a performance at the Rockefeller Plaza in New York.

She said that one of the songs on her album, a cover of Madonna's You'll See, was a message to the school bullies who once made fun of her.

"That was a statement I was trying to make, because I was bullied a lot at school - 'you may have done that to me when I was younger, but you can't do it to me any more. I'm grown up now'."

Although the royalty cheques are rolling in, Boyle has no plans to move out of the council house in Blackburn, West Lothian, where she lives alone with her cat, Pebbles.

She said at the weekend: "I don't want to me moving an inch away from my family, and Pebbles doesn't want to move. She's lived there all her life and cats hate upping sticks. Pebbles would hate to live anywhere posh."
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Susan Boyle Makes Smash Debut on U.S. Album Charts

Post by SETIsLady » 12-02-2009 04:05 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - British singing sensation Susan Boyle's first album soared to No. 1 on U.S. album charts on Wednesday with sales of 701,000 copies, beating new releases by Adam Lambert and Rihanna and becoming the best-selling debut of 2009.

More

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=9227904

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 12-07-2009 10:12 PM

Susan Boyle Destroys U.S. Chart Records
Posted Wednesday 02 December 11:36 AM

You've had a good week, Susan Boyle. The 'Britain's Got Talent' star sold an astounding 701,000 copies of her debut album, 'I Dreamed a Dream,' in the U.S., giving her the best first week sales of 2009 and the best-selling debut album by any woman since SoundScan began tracking in 1991.

It's also the biggest debut album by any artist since Snoop Dogg's 'Doggystyle' in 1993.

Her record label, Columbia, said Wednesday that 'Dream' has moved a whopping 3 million copies around the world in its opening week.

Also amazing is the way people purchased the album. Although digital sales have grown for years -- with iTunes being the main beneficiary -- consumers headed back to the record store for Boyle's debut.

Columbia chairman Steve Barnett told the New York Times that only about 39,000 of Ms. Boyle's total in the United States were sold through iTunes. Consumers could also purchase the album on shopping network QVC.

"The reason that this record really did what it did," Mr. Barnett told the Times, "was that people wanted to get it and own it, to feel like they're a part of it."

Before Boyle, the biggest seller of the year was Eminem's 'Relapse.'

It was not, however, a record-breaking week for a decidedly different reality star: Adam Lambert. The 'American Idol' runner-up opened at No. 3 with 198,000 copies sold.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 12-08-2009 01:21 AM

Susan Boyle is but a sliver of the talent's that's out here... the talent who has NEVER been examined. The fact that it took her THIS long for people to recognize how wonderful she can be... shows you how closed and shallow our talent hierachy really is... Many of us "coulda been a contender..."

I sincerely APPLAUD her success, and I wish her many sane moments.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “News from a parallel universe”