Zika spraying kills millions of honeybees

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-02-2016 11:24 AM

Can't make up this stuff............

The pictures are heartbreaking: Millions of honeybees lie dead after being sprayed with an insecticide targeting Zika-carrying mosquitoes.

"On Saturday, it was total energy, millions of bees foraging, pollinating, making honey for winter," beekeeper Juanita Stanley said. "Today, it stinks of death. Maggots and other insects are feeding on the honey and the baby bees who are still in the hives. It's heartbreaking."

Stanley, co-owner of Flowertown Bee Farm and Supply in Summerville, South Carolina, said she lost 46 beehives -- more than 3 million bees -- in mere minutes after the spraying began Sunday morning.

Juanita Stanley says she lost more than 3 million bees.

"Those that didn't die immediately were poisoned trying to drag out the dead," Stanley said. "Now, I'm going to have to destroy my hives, the honey, all my equipment. It's all contaminated."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/01/health/zi ... honeybees/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Re: Zika spraying kills millions of honeybees

Post by Doka » 09-02-2016 05:45 PM

Also from article

"We are obviously saddened by the fact people have lost their hives, and we have gone back and looked at our procedures," Ward said. "We will now give up to five days of advance notice, and we have expanded our list to include more local beekeepers."

Stanley says she doesn't think there was malice involved, but that doesn't make the loss of her "honey girls" any less painful.

"This wasn't about the honey," she said. "It was about raising bees and selling them to other people, and spreading the honey girls out there into the world. Now, I can't help anyone anymore, because all of them are dead."

=============================

I also think this was a tragic mistake, and a warning, of what Not To Do for thousands of communities. I can understand the out rage over the bees and would like to think that it would be just as loud for damaged and dead humans, but, I find that doubtful :confused: CNN would obviously rather have bee's over humans .

Zika is in my area also, and they have been spraying at night, for this reason among others.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-05-2016 10:07 AM

Kbot this is for you :D THE BEES REVENGE, they must have gotten the"Word"

3 Sent To Hospital After ‘Thousands’ Of Angry Bees Attack Picnickers At Southern California Park

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/09/ ... alifornia/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-06-2016 10:38 AM

Doka wrote:Kbot this is for you :D THE BEES REVENGE, they must have gotten the"Word"

3 Sent To Hospital After ‘Thousands’ Of Angry Bees Attack Picnickers At Southern California Park

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/09/ ... alifornia/
There's still a lot we don't know - such as how many creatures communicate......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-06-2016 11:12 AM

Kbot quote:

"There's still a lot we don't know - such as how many creatures communicate......"

Lordy, Kbot, How much "Stuff" do you want on an already "full plate"? O.K. so I will add this to my Over Flowing "Worry List" , "Creature Attacks", but I missed all the movies, so, I'm not prepared. But, wait we have always had some, a lot where invited into our own homes and areas?! :shock:
KARMA RULES

Return to “News from a parallel universe”