Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Moderator: Super Moderators

User avatar
Raggedyann
Pirate
Posts: 4749
Joined: 08-22-2006 04:50 PM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2017 09:12 PM

Speaking of getting the heck outta town, I just sold my house after 5 long years of trying. Now I'm off to join civilisation. I'm sure nobody here will really care but I'm shouting my news to the world as I'm 10 ft off the ground with excitement. :pinkjump:

City here I come.
“No One Has Done More Than Trump to Prove White People Are Not Superior”
-Andy Borowitz

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6790
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by kbot » 01-13-2017 10:09 PM

Congratulations RA. I'm happy for you as you seem to be happy with the move - the best of luck in the coming weeks :D
"The dogma lives loudly within you. And that’s of concern ......"

User avatar
Doka
Pirate
Posts: 4660
Joined: 09-02-2009 08:15 PM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by Doka » 01-13-2017 10:12 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Speaking of getting the heck outta town, I just sold my house after 5 long years of trying. Now I'm off to join civilisation. I'm sure nobody here will really care but I'm shouting my news to the world as I'm 10 ft off the ground with excitement. :pinkjump:

City here I come.

Congratulations Ra! Sounds like you have a really neat adventure in front of you! Please keep us posted on all the good stuff! I truly wish you the very best of everything! :D :wave:

Doka
Karma Rules

User avatar
Raggedyann
Pirate
Posts: 4749
Joined: 08-22-2006 04:50 PM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2017 11:01 PM

Thanks you guys!!

I am deliriously happy. I have loved the boonies with a passion but it has been 5 years too long. Old, crippled up and not able to do all the things I used to love. Now it's time for some new adventures. I will miss my bears but they seem to be everywhere now, so I am sure I'll have some new ones waiting for me. :)
“No One Has Done More Than Trump to Prove White People Are Not Superior”
-Andy Borowitz

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 11454
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Bear Feat

Post by Riddick » 01-14-2017 02:01 AM

Raggedyann wrote:I will miss my bears but they seem to be everywhere now, so I am sure I'll have some new ones waiting for me. :)
Bears everywhere?? YIKES

I guess that's OK, so long as they're not from Chicago!! They're the worst - Just MHCO (My Humble Cheesehead Opinion).

Still, to be on the safe side, when you shop? Avoid the mauls, especially during the holiday season. Last thing anyone wants is their Christmas to be bruined.

No doubt it'll take some forbearance RA but my guess is it's more than pawssible after your move you'll find city life to your liking, once you get your bearings. ;) :D

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 11454
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Should Democrats Run A Celebrity For President, Too?

Post by Riddick » 01-14-2017 02:51 AM

The whole business of Hollywood is popularity, which is also the whole business of winning elections. If celebrity endorsements are partly to blame for Hillary Clinton’s loss, why did her husband and Barack Obama win the White House with a comparably impressive set of star endorsements? And if these endorsements are so toxic, then wouldn’t celebrity candidates be even more so?

But It worked for Republicans — twice. History shows celebrity candidates can win, and it’s for the same reason that politicians like Obama and the Clintons tout celebrity endorsements: We live in a media-saturated world where fame has persuasive power. FULL STORY

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 11454
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Meanwhile, Back At The Airport

Post by Riddick » 01-14-2017 03:33 AM

Image

User avatar
Raggedyann
Pirate
Posts: 4749
Joined: 08-22-2006 04:50 PM

Re: Bear Feat

Post by Raggedyann » 01-14-2017 04:27 AM

Riddick wrote:
Raggedyann wrote:I will miss my bears but they seem to be everywhere now, so I am sure I'll have some new ones waiting for me. :)
Bears everywhere?? YIKES

I guess that's OK, so long as they're not from Chicago!! They're the worst - Just MHCO (My Humble Cheesehead Opinion).

Still, to be on the safe side, when you shop? Avoid the mauls, especially during the holiday season. Last thing anyone wants is their Christmas to be bruined.

No doubt it'll take some forbearance RA but my guess is it's more than pawssible after your move you'll find city life to your liking, once you get your bearings. ;) :D
Thanks for that laugh R.

Other than the city of Victoria, Vancouver Island is made up of small rural towns and much of the wildlife habitats have been destroyed due to corps logging the hell out of everything. So now the critters are encroaching more and more into the communities and bear and cougar sightings are way more frequent than they were even 20 years ago. :(

Sorry for hijacking the thread but sometimes when good things happen ya just gotta live it out loud from the rooftops. :)
“No One Has Done More Than Trump to Prove White People Are Not Superior”
-Andy Borowitz

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6790
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by kbot » 01-14-2017 01:45 PM

Hey RA, don't worry about hijacking a thread with news like yours. Change can be a good thing, although it usually takes me a while to appreciate change. My wife and I moved nearly 20 years ago to the suburbs on the Mass/ RI border - close enough to the cities and all that comes with that, but without the high crime - and we have our share of wildlife here as well, which was a welcome change from the city life. We're ten minutes from our hometown, ten minutes from Providence, about an hour from Boston and al that those two cities offer. An hour from Cape Cod....... mountains are to the west and north a few hour's away, and the ocean ia pretty much all around us here. There are absolutely no hotel rooms available in Providence this weekend or next because the Patriots are in the playoffs, but also the NCAA has basketball tournaments as well as cheer-leading tournaments ans here are active performing arts and restaurants all around. The point being that, while quiet is essential, a positive balance helps. I wish you all the best!!!!
"The dogma lives loudly within you. And that’s of concern ......"

User avatar
Raggedyann
Pirate
Posts: 4749
Joined: 08-22-2006 04:50 PM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by Raggedyann » 01-14-2017 03:48 PM

Thanks Kbot.

I envy you. I could happily live out the rest of my life being close to huge cities. But living close to my family is more important now.
“No One Has Done More Than Trump to Prove White People Are Not Superior”
-Andy Borowitz

User avatar
Doka
Pirate
Posts: 4660
Joined: 09-02-2009 08:15 PM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by Doka » 01-14-2017 05:18 PM

Ra, will you be staying on the island or going inland?

Being close to family is good. My Sisters, have their own health issues as well as the deteriorating health of their spouses, they help with what they can, which I appreciate so much! So mainly we are each others Cheer Leaders and we are really good at that! I am so blessed and grateful that they are there! :D
Karma Rules

User avatar
Raggedyann
Pirate
Posts: 4749
Joined: 08-22-2006 04:50 PM

Re: Celebrities(???) Urge Congress to Stand Up to Trump

Post by Raggedyann » 01-14-2017 07:06 PM

Doka wrote:Ra, will you be staying on the island or going inland?

Being close to family is good. My Sisters, have their own health issues as well as the deteriorating health of their spouses, they help with what they can, which I appreciate so much! So mainly we are each others Cheer Leaders and we are really good at that! I am so blessed and grateful that they are there! :D
I can imagine how comforting that must be Doka, and I am looking forward to having my family close by.

Most of my family live on the south island. I live on the northern tip. The hwy between here and there has high elevation sections and snowy in the winter. When I was younger I thought nothing of pushing snow driving down but can't do it anymore. Too nerve racking on a single lane hwy with steep drop offs, not much traffic and no cell service. So I've felt very cut off from my family during our long winters. My siblings are all old too, so they won't drive up here now and my kids hate the drive too.

I am moving to the south island, 65 miles north of Victoria. The weather is milder and they even grow palm trees down there. :D
“No One Has Done More Than Trump to Prove White People Are Not Superior”
-Andy Borowitz

Post Reply

Return to “News from a parallel universe”