Feng Shui Organizing Tips for Fall

Articles from around the forum.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Feng Shui Organizing Tips for Fall

Post by SETIsLady » 09-06-2007 08:05 AM

Got this in an email, thought I would share it :)

From an interview with Feng Shui expert Betsy Stang.
This fall Feng Shui primer will help you nurture yourself and bring more prosperity into your life while you get back to work or school. The organizing guidance is rooted in honoring the seasonal changes, clearing out the old and bringing in the new, and as such connects you more deeply to yourself and the natural world around you.

Welcome in the new season and get organized, too, with these fall feng shui tips:

SIMPLE SOLUTION:

As the days get darker as we move away from the Summer Solstice, an underlying fent shui theme for the fall is to organize in ways that will help you be warm and cozy.

Start Nurturing Yourself More - Clear the Kitchen
* Clear the clutter from the counters.
* Separate condiments from nutritional supplements.
* Organize your grains to reduce grain moths.
* Make sure you have one nice spot to feed yourself, one nice place to nourish yourself and those in your family.
* Bring into your kitchen the last of the local produce and ingredients for healthy soups.

Warm Up Your Environment

* Bring some warm tones into the house by switching some throw pillows or throws; this will make the home feel cozier.
* Pay special attention to bringing some warm colors into your bathroom so it doesn’t feel cold in the winter (if the colors are cooler to begin with, such as blues).
* Get your heating system checked; clean the chimneys and fireplace; maintain your hearth.
* Stock up on yellow and orange vegetables for autumn food.

Make Seasonal Changes at the Main Entrance, Inside and Out

* Make sure the front door entrance is clear. This is important at times of seasonal change since we tend to keep things there that we don’t need for the coming season.

Get Ready for More Time Indoors

* Organize the area around your desk, since you will be spending more time indoors.
* If you don’t know where to put your piles, put them in baskets.
* Put your favorite books in a nice basket with a cozy throw and establish a reading nook.

Move Out the Old to Welcome the New

* Go through the medicine cabinet and throw out all the medicines that have expired.
* Donate finished summer reading to the library or hospital.
* Recycle all your old newspapers and all other recycling. (It is hard to haul a lot in the winter.)
* Go through your closets as you are switching your clothes and take the time to put clothing aside that you are no longer going to wear and give it away. Except for formal clothes, if you haven’t worn it in two years let it move out of our life.

Establish Some Seasonal Fall Habits

* Flip your mattress to eliminate a groove from sleeping in the same spot; this is better for your spine.
* Replace your emergency water supply.
* Check your pantry for emergency food supplies (and make sure you have a non-electric can opener).
* Clean out and check your car, including tire pressure (which changes at different temperatures.)
* Check your light bulbs and replace with energy efficient light bulbs so you have enough light for the winter.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-06-2007 09:28 AM

Great post and ideas, I have a couple of books on Feng Shui that I haven't taken a look at in a long time.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 09-06-2007 07:17 PM

Thanks SETIsLady....

I always wanted to do my home the Feng Shui way...

Great post!

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-06-2007 07:41 PM

I LOVE feng shui, Linda! Thanks for starting this thread.

I bought a simple, battery-powered water fountain in the "career" area of my little cube at work, and it's amazing how communication has improved around that hell hole (knock on wood).

Denise Linn wrote a neat book, Feng Shui for the Soul that is about "life" feng shui, and it also covers literal space as well.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 09-06-2007 08:09 PM

Someone advised me on feng shui for my office at work. It turned out I had too much feng and not enough shui.
Anchors Aweigh

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-06-2007 08:11 PM

A miniature bamboo plant'll fix you right up, Bill! ;)
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-07-2007 11:26 AM

Swerdloc wrote: Someone advised me on feng shui for my office at work. It turned out I had too much feng and not enough shui.
LOL :)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-07-2007 11:27 AM

Joanie, thanks for the book suggestion will check it out. :)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-19-2007 05:33 PM

bump

Return to “Fantastic Forum - Editor's Cut”