Homeopathy not effective for treating any condition

Plants, animals, botanicals, crystals, eco-systems. Wonders of Ga'ia

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-12-2015 10:52 AM

After reading Sqid's link on Homeopathy, I get the drift, that the powers that be, are still saying what you do for yourself is no better than the old "Snake Oil"salesman stuff, but if a Doctor, perscribes the same stuff, with maybe far worse addititives and side effects, thats OK.

I AM NOT SAYING FOR ANY ONE TO STOP THEIR MEDS!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-12-2015 11:08 AM

My understanding of homeopathic medicine is that very small doses of whatever substance to be used, is introduced into your system - subtherapeutic doses. This is working off the same logic as a vaccine where a tiny dose of something is given, which in turn allows your body to identify the vaccine (in this case) react to it, and develop a memory of the organism, so that if you are exposed again, your system can react in a timely manner.

Homeopathic medicine relies on very small does, although not targeting organisms as with a vaccine.

Of course, sine mainstream western medicine does not recognize homeopathic medicine, chances are the concept will be fought as much as possible.

Doka - you're right about the side effects.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-12-2015 01:29 PM

YES tumeric is very good and good for you!

As a gardening person for many decades it is still amazing to discover new things that are quite helpful.

Many people do not even know those high prices spices for foods from the stores are 1. old and 2. not pure! It is amazing how many are truly powdered from peppers. (OK dehydrated as well as de-seeded.) Just throw dried pods into a coffee bean grinder and wow! fabulous spices and pure! CAUTION: if you use a recipe calling for a teaspoon - best just try a 1/4 tsp of pure ones.

I have been able to grow some herbs year around and oh yes so nice!! I will try more coconut oil, but will have to be a bit careful here as I do have a few 'food type' allergies. I have used a bit in cooking and so far okay!

TKS for tumeric url! Wonder if I can grow it too? hmm

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-12-2015 02:01 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Many people do not even know those high prices spices for foods from the stores are 1. old and 2. not pure! It is amazing how many are truly powdered from peppers. (OK dehydrated as well as de-seeded.) Just throw dried pods into a coffee bean grinder and wow! fabulous spices and pure! CAUTION: if you use a recipe calling for a teaspoon - best just try a 1/4 tsp of pure ones.

I've found it very useful when purchasing herbs just to go to the local witches' supply shop. We're lucky here in that there are a number of witch shops and in a number of cases, they have licensed herbalists who work there.

A long time ago, when I was more interested in the occult than I have been lately, I stumbled across this site.

http://www.witchvox.com/

Among other things, you can look to see if there are any witch-owned and operated shops in your area, and if so, do they sell herbs. This site helped me a great deal.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-12-2015 03:32 PM

So true about old spices on the shelf of your grocery store. I buy from the link below and have been so pleased, with the freshness, quality and service. And not as expensive as you would think. I keep my old spice bottles to fill. I usually buy in at least 4oz bags and pay a lot less, than I would for usually 1.7 oz of stale stuff at the store. Taste wise there is no comparison. I grow what I can, but sometimes, I just plain don't want to fool with it.

https://www.penzeys.com

A Witch Store? COOL! Where I live, don't even have a health food store! :(
Last edited by Doka on 03-12-2015 03:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-12-2015 04:11 PM

If I don't grow it myself I often go to the farmer's market and get a bunch of fresh herbs then dry them myself in a dehydrator for use over the winter. They are so much better than any store bought pre-packaged spice jar.

However, with something like an aerogarden having fresh herbs at all times during the year is easy, so that is the route I would say anyone who really cares about should take. If you regularly buy fresh herbs the thing will pay for itself in less than a year.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 03-12-2015 06:42 PM

kbot wrote: My understanding of homeopathic medicine is that very small doses of whatever substance to be used, is introduced into your system - subtherapeutic doses. This is working off the same logic as a vaccine where a tiny dose of something is given, which in turn allows your body to identify the vaccine (in this case) react to it, and develop a memory of the organism, so that if you are exposed again, your system can react in a timely manner.

Homeopathic medicine relies on very small does, although not targeting organisms as with a vaccine.
Oh! This is a great point, kbot.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-13-2015 05:46 AM

Doka wrote: So true about old spices on the shelf of your grocery store. I buy from the link below and have been so pleased, with the freshness, quality and service. And not as expensive as you would think. I keep my old spice bottles to fill. I usually buy in at least 4oz bags and pay a lot less, than I would for usually 1.7 oz of stale stuff at the store. Taste wise there is no comparison. I grow what I can, but sometimes, I just plain don't want to fool with it.

https://www.penzeys.com

A Witch Store? COOL! Where I live, don't even have a health food store! :(

What you get in a regular grocery store is a rip off. I've also found some gardening stores that grow herbs. We're lucky enough to have one that I found out about between the local witches, and some doctors who have referred patients to in order to purchase some herbs due to complications of oncology treatments.

Yeah, I don't know if it's a outgrowth of the Salem witch phenomenon or what, but there are quite a few witch-owned and operated businesses all across New England.

Some of the places I've dealt with are here:

in Salem http://www.artemisiabotanicals.com/

in Rehoboth http://www.thesilverwillow.com/

both are witch-owned and operated and have been around for quite a few years now.

A gardening store with a large number of huge greenhouses is here:

http://www.sevenarrowsfarm.com/

All three have licensed herbalists on staff and their stock of herbs and books is broad. They also teach classes and have a good supply of supplies if you wanted to make anything from powders to tinctures.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-13-2015 09:32 AM

Indeed, growing, drying (dehydating) herbs for later use does provide a better purity for sure! Some do grow year around even indoors in sunshine areas, but a few just do not do as well as others.

When doing the peppers one truly has to know that - example chili peppers are not always the same as chili powders one makes from them. IE: four different peppers shown and labeled as 'chili' peppers. While they are chili peppers, the strength of the dehydrated peppers varies considerably.

What is 'fun' thing to do is to combine your own pepper flakes to use on cooking 'hot wings' or similar. We also like to make our own salsa dips for chips with tomato paste (we make our own) and adding whatever herbs and peppers.

As for homeopathy some things work, some don't for sure.

Return to “The Natural World”