When It’s Good to Be Antisocial

Plants, animals, botanicals, crystals, eco-systems. Wonders of Ga'ia

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-26-2019 01:38 PM

Sometimes everybody wins when you go it alone.
From "Nautilus"
by Silvia Golumbeanu

Bees are emblems of social complexity. Their honeycombs—intricate lattices dripping with food—house bustling hive members carrying out carefully orchestrated duties like defending against predators and coordinating resource collection. Much of our own success is due to this sort of division of labor. Clearly, in the animal kingdom, it pays to be social: Certain neurons make us resent being alone. You could be forgiven for assuming that complex social organization is the—or at least a—pinnacle of evolution.

Yet out of the 20,000 known species of bees, only a few are social. Some bee species have even given up social behaviors, opting for the single life. Why?

Good Read
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/when ... ket-newtab
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-02-2021 03:36 PM

People are so mean now.... They dont wanna talk to anyone and they arent nice....... I cant stand all the mean people about!!

This worlds gone to hell and its sad............

I have recently found some more friends but its not easy to get to them,but maybe its better that way,then I dont make THEM mad also which I dont want to do!!

Riddick
Pirate

Unhappiness Is Happiness

Post by Riddick » 04-03-2021 04:13 AM

Dude111 wrote: 04-02-2021 03:36 PMPeople are so mean now.... They dont wanna talk to anyone and they arent nice....... I cant stand all the mean people about!!
There's those who don't wanna talk to people, & then there's the ones who can't not get in people's faces about whatever it is that's the Woke idiocy of the day
Dude111 wrote: 04-02-2021 03:36 PMThis worlds gone to hell and its sad............
It's sad but it's how Woke folk like it. They aren't happy unless they're unhappy about something, & making unWoke folks unhappy! Hell on Earth's their Utopia.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Natural World”