Welcome George Knapp!

To Sail Beyond the Sunset

Moderator: Super Moderators

DesertSage
Pirate

Welcome George Knapp!

Post by DesertSage » 01-28-2008 12:29 PM

I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to your shows! Thank you for signing up to take even MORE C2C on. I'll be listening!
"Wanting everything in life to be perfect before you take action is like wanting to reach a destination without travel."

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 01-28-2008 02:47 PM

Hometown Hero makes good
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-28-2008 04:19 PM

Thank you Captian Fantastic for putting this very special host Mr. George Knapp on the front page, he deserves it.:) He does Art and Coast proud.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 01-28-2008 06:14 PM

George Knapp is a GREAT host, but if he became the moderator of COAST-TO-COAST, the show's ratings would go down almost to zero! Why? Because the serious listeners, for the most part, have already gone elsewhere, and the freaks who still listen to COAST-TO-COAST are brain-dead morons who want some new apocalyptic revelation of the day in order to make them wet their pants with hysteria and to have something new to live for!

Knapp did a great job with Robert Collins. He should tell COAST-TO-COAST to stuff it and start his OWN Internet radio show! Hey, if Jeff Rense can do it, then why not George Knapp?
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 01-28-2008 10:49 PM

Hooray! George Knapp - now twice a month gets his own place on the ship FF! Enjoying your hosting George - welcome!

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 01-29-2008 03:08 AM

What impresses me with Knapp is that he can make a topic that doesn't interst me and hold my attention.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-29-2008 10:47 AM

Welcome again Mr. Knapp

DesertSage
Pirate

Post by DesertSage » 01-29-2008 11:06 AM

joequinn wrote: George Knapp is a GREAT host, but if he became the moderator of COAST-TO-COAST, the show's ratings would go down almost to zero! Why? Because the serious listeners, for the most part, have already gone elsewhere, and the freaks who still listen to COAST-TO-COAST are brain-dead morons who want some new apocalyptic revelation of the day in order to make them wet their pants with hysteria and to have something new to live for!

Knapp did a great job with Robert Collins. He should tell COAST-TO-COAST to stuff it and start his OWN Internet radio show! Hey, if Jeff Rense can do it, then why not George Knapp?
Joe, I'm going to disagree with you that the ratings would go down. I think there are millions of die-hard C2C fans just WAITING to return to full time listening because they are waiting for a relevant change in the hosting schedule

While I can't stand sNoory, I still listen because I have NOT found another radio program that hosts the Guests that C2C does. While the Guest list has diminished in quantity and quality, there is still a thread of hope, especially when IP and GK are on. And sNoory still brings on Guests I want to hear. Before sNoory, I turned on to listen to Art Bell and Guest. Now I just turn on to listen to the Guest (unless it's Ian or Knapp).

I turn the radio on and listen for as long as I cant stand it. If there is a guest I like, I listen to them and tune sNoory out. And try not to scream into the night when sNoory, once again, is a lousy host.

Nevertheless, I DON"T want this time slot to go to a religious program, a sports program, a host that SCREAMS at his audience all the time, etc. If C2C dies on the radio, that would be a huge loss for current listeners. And future listeners. It's important to keep that time slot and contract OPEN for a future good host.

Currently Ian and George Knapp are excellent hosts. Their steadfast intelligence and quality will hopefully keep the show alive and on radio stations across the country. I really don't want it to go strictly to the internet. I listen at night on the radio, as do million of others, especially truckers on the road.

If it goes to internet only, the call ins will drop from 'regular' types (abet slightly dumbed down now due to sNoory, but look at the intelligent ones that call in for IP and Knapp) to those living at their machines. I like having the internet option to listen to during the day, but I love having the ability to listen in the dark from bed. I'm not going to stay at my computer to listen in the middle of the night, even with wireless internet.

Knapp, and Art, of course, could do a internet only show. What has always made C2C great was the subject matter that Art brought to life in an intelligent way. With the Guests to back it up. They could do that on internet only but I would miss the range of callers that I fear internet only would leave out.

Art brought a sense of, "I'm not crazy but I think...," or "I'm not crazy but I saw....," to the early night. And Art knows/knew that crazy-making subject matter was not crazy. Giving it the respect and skepticisim it needed to remain a working platform. I don't want the platform Art built to go away.

Joe, I'll support C2C, even with idiot sNoory, because I don't want the show to go away from radio including that time slot. I try to look at sNoory as a teenager.....one that will eventually go away so that the C2C 'household' can return to it's normal stellar state.

And in one of our most favorite quotes, you have the option to, "turn your radio off.":)
Last edited by DesertSage on 01-29-2008 11:11 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"Wanting everything in life to be perfect before you take action is like wanting to reach a destination without travel."

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 01-29-2008 11:24 AM

Well put
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-29-2008 11:53 AM

DesertOfTheSea wrote: Well put

Ditto:)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-04-2008 11:27 PM

Wonder if Mr. Knapp will be doing a show this upcoming Sunday, maybe they have found another host for two of those Sundays, hoping it is John B. Wells.........wouldn't mind hearing Lisa Garr again.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-14-2008 02:51 PM

Don't forget we will have Mr. George Knapp Sunday night, looking forward to another great interview.:)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-24-2008 08:25 PM

Little bit of background on Mr. Knapp

According to his KLAS-TV profile[3], Knapp has won seven Mark Twain Awards and eight Emmys. Per that same profile, through his work as part of the station's I-team, in that capacity, he received two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards he has earned two regional Edward R. Murrow awards and a national Edward R. Murrow award for investigative stories on voter registration fraud in a 2004 Clark County election. Additionally, Knapp's 1990 reporting of the Lazar/Area 51 story was named the best Individual Achievement by a Journalist by United Press International.

Interesting stuff at this link.

http://area51.eyewitnessnews8.com/stories.html

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-29-2008 11:49 PM

CBS MUFON 2007 UFO Symposium with George Knapp and Richard Dolan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RCwhHk460I

diakun
Pirate

Post by diakun » 03-18-2008 05:30 PM

George Knapp should have got the full time gig IMHO, my wife and I enjoy him very much !

Keep up the good work GK, Phil from Phoenix

Return to “George Knapp/C2C Sunday Host”