Local Las Vegas Police Consider Purchasing UAV's

To Sail Beyond the Sunset

Moderator: Super Moderators

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Local Las Vegas Police Consider Purchasing UAV's

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 02-15-2008 10:58 AM

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=7876194

The above link will take you to a story that George did concerning the possible purchase of unmanned aerial vehicles by the Las Vegas Police Dept. It's definitely an interesting story especially for those of us who live in Vegas.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-15-2008 11:01 AM

What's wrong with you, DesertOfTheSea? The local police will need these helicopters to pursue the felons who refuse to buy national health insurance from their friendly, local HMO. You constitutionalist bleeding-hearts make me sick...

:D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 02-15-2008 12:00 PM

I saw one flying West on Hollywood Blvd. while we were stopped in traffic at Hollywood & Wilcox, near the police station, last week. It was about 1/3 the size of a bicycle, and was flying just about 10 stories high over rush hour traffic. I wondered at the time, if Los Angeles is SO BROKE, how can they afford the money and man hours to handle one of those high-tech gizmos. By the time the light changed and we turned onto the boulevard, it was way out of sight. But it was an UAV, without a doubt. As far as I knew, there wasn't anything special going on in that section of the City--no awards ceremony, or something of that nature--so I haven't a clue why one was being flown over traffic, unless it's just a new toy the Hollywood Division was trying out. If anyone else lives in that particular area, and can shed some light on the subject, I'd be very interested; in our section of Los Angeles we've never seen any.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “George Knapp/C2C Sunday Host”