What are the chances of Knapp taking over C2C?

To Sail Beyond the Sunset

Moderator: Super Moderators

Breandan
Pirate

What are the chances of Knapp taking over C2C?

Post by Breandan » 01-15-2009 01:07 AM

In my personal opinion Knapp represents the best heir to Art's legacy of all the guest hosts who have been on. Others will likely disagree, I'm sure, but overall I think he A) is knowledgeable, B) has an excellent on-air voice and presence, C) is engaging when he speaks, and D) has some solid background in matters that involve C2C that will likely keep him focused on what made it great. I want to see C2C go back to focusing on the topics no one else dared cover- alternative energies, lost civilizations, UFOs and ETs, magic and mysticism, the supernatural in general, etc., and stop being the political hack-fest and platform for various out-there conspiracy nuts to spew crackpot theories. I want the Good Old Days back, and Knapp seems like he might have the chops to do it. Thoughts?
Bah! It's modern technology, if it's not working yet then you're not using a big enough hammer!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-15-2009 01:12 AM

I agree Breandan, I actually emailed him about it a few months ago and he said he would not consider it as he doesn't want to give up his TV job at KLAS in Vegas, he had been there a very long time, plus he doesn't want to be up late nights, doing two Sundays a month is enough for him......but who knows maybe he will change his mind, would love to see him take over the show so I can listen again week nights....you are right he is the closest to Art than any other host that has ever been on Coast.:)

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 01-15-2009 03:06 PM

I've had the same thoughts as both of you. Maybe there is a chance down the road.

Breandan
Pirate

Post by Breandan » 01-15-2009 09:00 PM

My gut tells me that Art has something up his sleeve, and it may well involve Mr. Knapp. Art has a wee one and a wife to focus on, but a few years down the road, when Asia is older and more independent and things have settled down, the call of the airwaves will likely get to him. I don't see him coming back to the airwaves full time, but as a group venture with those guest hosts he approves of, you never know. Either way, I hope Mr. Knapp keeps the faith, so to speak, and carries the torch if offered.
Bah! It's modern technology, if it's not working yet then you're not using a big enough hammer!

Return to “George Knapp/C2C Sunday Host”