George Knapp Hosting Open Lines Friday May 28, 2010

To Sail Beyond the Sunset

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

George Knapp Hosting Open Lines Friday May 28, 2010

Post by Shirleypal » 05-21-2010 11:36 PM

Friday 28 May 2010~George Knapp Hosting Open Lines

George Knapp hosts a night of Open Lines, with first hour guest(s), TBA.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-28-2010 12:44 AM

George Knapp chats with Mark Allin of Above Top Secret about conspiracies and UFOs (related image) during the first half of the show. Followed by Open Lines.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 05-28-2010 03:56 PM

What the hell is going on here? Of course, I will listen to George Knapp whenever he is on, and I shall certainly listen to this show. However, I thought that the deal was that Knapp would be on the second and fourth Sunday of the month. Now he's on Friday night, soon another day, etc. etc. etc.

Structure is important, folks, and it is increasingly clear that COAST TO COAST is becoming increasingly amorphous. The three-hour long interviewing block (two hours for the interview, one subsequent hour for listener questions) is going by the boards; the most disparate topics are being yoked together on a single show; and highly skilled interviewers like Knapp are being wasted on screening calls from brain-dead yokels in Oklahoma. What the hell is going on here?

I'll tell you what's going on here. When COAST TO COAST had a structure --- and a soul --- its very structure was used to raise consciousness, which is a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States (i.e. the power, the profit and even the depraved pleasure of the people who truly rule this country). By becoming the amorphous piece of crap that it is becoming, COAST TO COAST is being used to suppress consciousness (in the interest of cheap thrills) rather than to raise it (in the interest of political action).

Using George Knapp to service the yokels on a night (the Friday of the Memorial Day Weekend) that could have been used to showcase an outstanding guest interviewed by an outstanding viewer to an unusually big audience is a perfect example of what the hell is happening to COAST TO COAST! And it's a damn shame!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “George Knapp/C2C Sunday Host”