Pirate

100 Dead / 2 Days = Coming Civil War?

Post by mudwoman » 02-11-2004 05:39 AM

or

Why The US is in Big Bad Trouble in Big Bad Bagdad

Suicide Bombing in Iraq Kills Up to 53
Tue Feb 10, 8:39 PM ET

By MARIAM FAM, Associated Press Writer

ISKANDARIYAH, Iraq - A suicide bomber blew up a truckload of explosives Tuesday outside a police station south of Baghdad, killing up to 53 people and wounding scores — including would-be Iraqi recruits lined up to apply for jobs.

The explosion reduced parts of the station to rubble and damaged nearby buildings. The street in front of the station was littered with the wreckage of shattered vehicles as well as pieces of glass, bricks, mangled steel and pieces of clothing.

"It was the day for applying for new recruits," said policeman Wissam Abdul-Karim, who was thrown to the ground by the blast. "There were dozens of them waiting outside the police station."

It was at least the eighth vehicle bombing in Iraq (news - web sites) this year and followed warnings from occupation officials that insurgents would step up attacks against Iraqis who work with the U.S.-led coalition, especially ahead of the planned June 30 transfer of sovereignty to a provisional Iraqi government.

AP/Yahoo

Further 47 die after terrorists spark fear of civil war in Iraq
By Justin Huggler
11 February 2004

A car bomber killed an estimated 47 people in Iraq today in the second deadly attack in two days on Iraqis working with the US-led coalition.

Today's blast tore through a crowd of about 300 Iraqis in Baghdad lined up at a recruiting centre where recruits were lined up to join the military and others were waiting to depart for a training camp in Jordan.

Independent/UK

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 02-11-2004 06:55 AM

It's a living hell over there. I was listening to an independent war correspondent last night, and he said in case after case the death tolls have been under-reported in America. Deaths are been stepping up in numbers more and more as well. After something happens, he's talked to many Iraqis, even police, and they've all reported higher tolls than the official story.

After an incident, the army razor-wires off the town and goes door to door taking the men and older boys away and interrogating them, often using torture. Some are released in a day or two, but others have been held for months. There is nothing their families can do.

The infrastructure is not up. After the Gulf war, which did more damage, Hussein had the infrastructure back up in 4 months, and that was in spite of sanctions. Many only get electricity and running water for a couple of hours a day, if even that. There are cases where people have to drink sewage. Rebuilding? It's not happening. The reporter felt that all this was by intentional design, to keep the people down so they won't become demanding, to control them, but he also said huge sums of money are being skimmed off the top. As Haliburton, et. al, hires subcontractors, they pocket 50%.

Diarrhea is running rampant over there. Hospitals are filthy with sewage and have inadequate supplies. Halliburton folks keep quitting their jobs and leaving rather than be shot. The suffering over there is unimaginable.

Oil is not happening either, because they natives keep lighting it on fire to keep the US from getting it.

So the opposition is coming from basically two directions, organized dissidents, and regular citizens who are striking back at the army to avenge these seizures, and the deaths of their loved ones.

Morale is on the floor amongst our troops. They're cut off from any news at home for weeks and months at a time, no letters, no Internet. Every single one he's talked to just wants to come home, and they're scared. They're targets 24/7.

Civil war is indeed looming if things don't get better fast. To say that the people are unhappy is putting it mildly.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-11-2004 12:05 PM

After hearing about the letter to the al qaeda - innews CNN/FOX/etc -- I am beginning to wonder just WHO is causing the situations -- Iraqi people -- religious groups - or outside groups?

It is disgusting tohear about all these car bombings -- what will they have to do - set up road blocks and start checking every vehicle - make people walk or take public transportation??

Lets face it they (arabs) do not want Iraq to be democratically ruled --

Alan62
Pirate

Post by Alan62 » 02-11-2004 12:06 PM

It's a mess, I believed Bush did the right thing invading Iraq after 9/11 but I also took the position that " rebuilding " is a fool's errand & we should've gotten out months ago...
It's getting worse with no light @ the end of the tunnel..
I dont like Kerrey but it looks like he's getting my vote....
I've also got a terrible feeling there's going to be another aweful attack here on our soil soon...
It's sick out there & getting sicker....:mad:
FIX YOUR EMAIL OR DONT POST

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 02-11-2004 04:55 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: After hearing about the letter to the al qaeda - innews CNN/FOX/etc -- I am beginning to wonder just WHO is causing the situations -- Iraqi people -- religious groups - or outside groups?
Of course you are -- because CNN/FOX, etc. lie like rugs. WE are causing the situations, Cherry. WE are.
It is disgusting tohear about all these car bombings -- what will they have to do - set up road blocks and start checking every vehicle - make people walk or take public transportation??
No. More force is not the answer.
Lets face it they (arabs) do not want Iraq to be democratically ruled --
Of course they do, and they're begging for elections... but Ashcroft is not going to let them. The troubles over there are by design -- of Bushco.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 02-11-2004 05:01 PM

Alan62 wrote: It's a mess, I believed Bush did the right thing invading Iraq after 9/11
It was done for oil -- because the world is running out -- and for strategic positioning in the Middle East, for political reasons, and for lucrative contracts at taxpayer's expense... not for the reasons we're being told. Bush just does as he's told.
but I also took the position that " rebuilding " is a fool's errand & we should've gotten out months ago...
That's not going to happen or we'd lose the oil and the positioning advantage -- the real reasons for going there.
It's getting worse with no light @ the end of the tunnel..
I dont like Kerrey but it looks like he's getting my vote....
I've also got a terrible feeling there's going to be another aweful attack here on our soil soon...
It's sick out there & getting sicker....:mad:
Kerry may be better than Bush, but our country/the world won't be saved by politicians, but by us. I'm glad you're seeing it and getting angry -- that's a great start! When we get enough people in that position, we can make a difference.

Alan62
Pirate

Post by Alan62 » 02-11-2004 05:32 PM

Iris quoted..
" it was done for oil because the world is running out " .
Call me naive, but I dont buy that. .
If 9/11 never happened this invasion of Iraq wouldnt have either.
Think about this for a second, theres presently 2 special commissions appointed by our govt. to find culpabilty..
1 is to investigate why we didnt " connect the dots " as to why 9/11 happened before it did & 2, to determine if the war with Iraq was justified considering there were no WMD's found.
Bush was put in the position that " I've got to do something" after that horrific attack on our soil ..
The show of strength we displayed in a radical Muslim country showed we arent a paper tiger that will ever take this s*it.
Accountabilty isnt something these Arab nations have with the west. We hit a bad guy that had the billions & serious hatred of America with the ability to bankroll & support other terrorist attacks against our country.
Take Lybia for example, they learned from our action & offered inspections & cooperation, Iran too to an extent..

Now, my position is rebuilding Iraq into a democracy will never happen, the Brits tryed it 100 yrs. ago, history taught us this.
I believe we should have gotten out months ago ..
It's a quagmire without a doubt, but the inital action in my view has made us safer from terrorism.
The reason why the Iraq doesnt want democracy is because they're a radical violent Muslim desert culture that couldnt relate to democracy, peace, love or understanding...
THEY NEVER WILL
The Koran teaches to " kill the unbelievers " mix that with poverty, isolation & the desert heat & you've got some violent a**holes.
Last edited by Alan62 on 02-11-2004 07:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 02-12-2004 03:46 AM

Alan, hi -- nice to "cyber meet" you! :)

May I please present a link I think you might find very interesting? I'd love to know your reaction to this video:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/011904wtc7.html

I agree with you that the chances of a democracy working in Iraq are darned slim, to nada, and I'd love to see our troops come home.

Oooo I just found another GREAT one! Here is Alex Jones interviewing Ellen Mariani, the 9/11 widow who has filed a Bush Treason Lawsuit and her attorney, Philip J. Berg, Esquire.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/120403mariani.html

I hope you all will listen to that audio.
Last edited by Iris on 02-12-2004 05:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Alan62
Pirate

Post by Alan62 » 02-12-2004 08:20 AM

Nice to cyber meet you too Iris :)

I couldnt get the video to work in the first link you posted
it loaded but wouldnt play { I've really got to upgrade my 56k dialup computer. }
As I type this I'm listening to the audio link you posted & clicked around that site you posted, I think you should reconsider your news sources.
I also think if you believed Bush not only knew about 9/11 but staged the death of those thousands of people is sick,sick,sick . :confused:

I've made 160 or so posts on this board, enjoy Art Bell , love to have an open mind on UFO's , spirits, ghosts & many of Art's topics ..
But , Iris..you've got to be kidding me with this garbage, it's just totally off the radar screen & insane..
These sources you linked are a bunch of kooks trying to make a buck with thier websites & shouldnt be taken seriously Iris, they make the " National Enquirer " seem conservative

:confused:

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 02-12-2004 10:09 AM

Alan62 wrote: Call me naive, but I dont buy that. .

Naive, complacent or asleep?

Alan62
Pirate

Post by Alan62 » 02-12-2004 12:08 PM

I hope that we get some Iraqi oil to to recoup the billions spent on this retaliatory military action..
I work 2 miles away from where the WTC once stood, myself & family knew many of the victims. I smelled the stench of death in the air for weeks. Hundreds of my neighbors here on Long Island were killed..
If this attack was by a country say China for example , we would've gone to war with them. We were attacked by radical Arab, religous, psychotic, zealots & we got one of the players.
If 9/11 didnt happen this attack wouldnt have either, hopefully this region will start to learn the gist of accountabilty .

Cindylouwho quoted me as being "complacent or asleep"
First off , I thought that was kinda rude & secondly it's definetly a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm complacent or asleep because I dont think Bush planned the 9/11 attack & it was only done for Iraqi oil?
Theres plenty of oil , we buy it from the Saudis , have been for decades, as well as plenty of other places, our reserves are huge.
Having said this, to recap.. I believe , we should've gotten out of Iraq many months ago, even before we caught Saddam, but I think that the first stage of the war sent a message to these animals , but Bush has me angry too because he's played this war out WAY too long & wont get my vote.
PS, I read that website in more detail that Iris linked & that stuff is OUT THERE..
Theres a lot of paranoia around these days, websites like that exploit this & are garbage, dont buy into that junk..
I have a feeling this will be my last post on this subject, I'm not going to get into arguing, it wasnt my intention to.
PS , Even Art strongly supported the inital war with Iraq if I remember right, I think I'm on the same page with him as far as we should've gotten out by now though...
:)
Last edited by Alan62 on 02-12-2004 01:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 02-13-2004 06:02 PM

Alan62 wrote: I couldnt get the video to work in the first link you posted
it loaded but wouldnt play { I've really got to upgrade my 56k dialup computer. }
That's a shame, Alan. I hope you can watch it on a friend's computer, because one picture is worth a thousand words, and the video taken in Bohemian Grove is chilling indeed. Of course, you can Google Skull and Bones, as well as Bohemian Grove and learn quite a lot. Incidentally, the video I mentioned also has GWB himself on it, from the recent Meet the Press interview.

Many of us have been aware of this stuff for years. With dilligent work you might find mention in a "reputable, mainstream" site or two, but don't hold your breath. Because if you're not aware of that too, you might want to do some snooping around to see who owns our media and how it works. There are books out on S&B, though, including a great recent one called, "Secrets of the Tomb." Rense interviewed the author and it was quite interesting listening to her.

I'm really glad that you do listen to Art and consider yourself open-minded. Then you must be aware that we aren't always told the truth by our media. In fact, I've read many sources that say we have the most controlled media in the world. Many.
I think you should reconsider your news sources.
I also think if you believed Bush not only knew about 9/11 but staged the death of those thousands of people is sick,sick,sick . :confused:
It is precisely this reaction that allows this stuff to go on behind the scenes. This is just the reaction they're counting on you to have.
But , Iris..you've got to be kidding me with this garbage, it's just totally off the radar screen & insane..
These sources you linked are a bunch of kooks trying to make a buck with thier websites & shouldnt be taken seriously Iris, they make the " National Enquirer " seem conservative
LOL! Well, pick yer poison, friend. Do you listen to Jeff Rense? I'm thinking not, judging by what you've written here. Jeff is what Art Bell used to dare to be. He's a darned fine listen.

Look, I don't expect you to accept my word for anything. There's no reason that you should. I hope you can see the video on a friend's computer. Alex is sensational (kind of like a used car salesman -- lol!) but he's genuine. Go do some research. I think you'll be very surprised at what you learn.

You know, as long as we stay asleep, and stay diverted by lesser things, we aren't going to fix anything and things will continue to go downhill. You'll realize this about the time you lose your own job, of course. So if you don't like my sources (even though you didn't actually view it), then go find your own. But don't just say "impossible" and continue on your merry way -- as that makes you part of the problem.

Alan62
Pirate

Post by Alan62 » 02-13-2004 06:51 PM

I dont think I'm part of the problem by not believing Bush staged the mass murder of hundreds my neighbors, union brothers, firefighters, policemen, & thousands of innocent people so we can attack Iraq for thier oil.
I do have an open mind, but I dont believe that..
Like I said, I'm not looking for an argument,
But we both agree we should get our troops out & Bush doesnt deserve a second term..
Bye for now :)

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 02-13-2004 07:29 PM

Alan62 wrote: I dont think I'm part of the problem by not believing Bush staged the mass murder of hundreds my neighbors, union brothers, firefighters, policemen, & thousands of innocent people so we can attack Iraq for thier oil.
I don't believe I've ever made that claim, Alan, nor do I think you're part of the problem for not believing that. I do think there's quite a bit of evidence that points to his (and/or other government agent's) knowing about it ahead of time and allowing it. Have you heard the interview with Ellen Mariani and her lawyer, or read up much about her RICO lawsuit? It will be interesting to see the outcome of that one.

Alan62
Pirate

Post by Alan62 » 02-13-2004 08:27 PM

Isis, your newsource you linked for me to become enlightened on this subject made that claim, the Ellen Maraini interview @ prisonplanet.com.
The lawsuit claims & Prisonplanet concurs that 9/11 was engineered by Bush, & it was staged when they informed Bush of the event when he was reading to the kids, & that Bush had prior knowledge it was going to happen ..

:confused:
Last edited by Alan62 on 02-13-2004 08:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Iraq”