The Sky Is Falling< The Sky Is Falling

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

searchingspirit
Pirate

The Sky Is Falling< The Sky Is Falling

Post by searchingspirit » 06-03-2004 09:25 AM

last night got up around 2:35 am as i usaully do and i am sitting out looking at the water and around the east sky there was a flash (now mind you i have been thinking alot about the movie "day after tommarrow") so i see a huge flash and a few minutes later a boom boom. well needless to say i ask god to forgive my sins, watch my kids and grandkids, and anything else that needed to be blessed. well this bright light was huge and i really thought this was it ....the last! i watched it and it seemed so close that it actually lit up the sky. not sure if it was a meteor or who knows what.....things are happening and they are happening close....to close. well i am so glad i am here and you guys are there because honestly i was getting the feeling i needed to make my peace with everything and accept what was going to happen.i have seen meteors before but never this big or bright(it lit up everything) i really thought this was the end. i thank god for all of you and every thing in my life...man this thing was huge.....did anyone else see this thing???? tell me about it or was i just seeing things ( i do not think i was seeing things because it's all over the washington news) well anyhow glad to be here....thank god

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 06-03-2004 02:20 PM

Calm down, searchingspirit, you don't have to make any promises to any dietys. It was merely a large meteor that burned up over the Washington/Oregon area. (I include both because I wasn't there and don't really know where it flew). We had a couple of pirates who saw it, and you can read thier reports here.

searchingspirit
Pirate

man alive what a show!!!

Post by searchingspirit » 06-03-2004 04:57 PM

hey spike i realize it what it was now but i was stunned on the brightness of it. have you heard if any pieces landed?( haven,t been able to check news recently) well anyhow I know things are alright it just really took me by surprise(have to quit watching movies that get to me) heh heh:)

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 06-04-2004 09:10 PM

Originally posted by Spike Mike
[BIt was merely a large meteor that burned up over the Washington/Oregon area. ?s=&threadid=7112]here.[/URL]

Thanks for the link, but "MERELY"??????

Saw the pictures on the Drudge Report. Must have been incredible, for those of you that were there.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 06-05-2004 12:39 AM

Sounds awesome, searchingspirit!!!

What a treat for you to see!!! Looking for news stories on it now ... :)

searchingspirit
Pirate

Post by searchingspirit » 06-05-2004 03:43 PM

well at the time i did not really understand what it was...i even thought it might have been a bomb and i really got worried...but after the booms well i waited and thought this is going to hurt or we won,t feel a thing. as time passed i realized that it might have been a meteorite....i was so excited to tell everyone that it took me all day to calm down....and it did not help that i could not get the seatel cable to work right so i was in the dark. man alive i really hope that there are no more of those things.

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 06-07-2004 10:31 PM

Searchingspirit'

I know that you must have calmed down by now, but still, will always remember that awesome event...

With everything so on edge those days and it being late at night and not knowing what you were seeing must have truly freaked you out, it would me, especially after the boom' booms'...

If i had been there, the first thing i'd have done is to go change my pants... :D

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-08-2004 08:26 PM

Well Jer if that does happen to you make sure you change your pants to color coordinate with the rest of your outfit. Possibly a azure blue or velvet black.:D

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 06-08-2004 08:48 PM

Hi Tiff'

Long time, hey...
I mean can you image...

Foreboding terrorist attack and everything else...
You're up late aftermidnight, suddenly the dark sky lights up big time' then you here Boom, boom' Yikes!

What color do you like best? ;)
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-08-2004 08:53 PM

Yea that would be sceeerrry. Actually that night my neighbor saw a huge flash of light thru her window. No cars people etc. It scared her...

But yes I can see that Searching would have thought that, as you and I would have too. With all the terriorist stuff out there going on.

I think azure blue as it would be matching. We must always look as if we are well put together and of course it would not clash with your infamous and wonderful hat...Oh how hats frame the face except it's kind of hard to see yours sweetie hehehehehe...:D

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 06-08-2004 09:13 PM

Well if and when.. azure blue it will be'... of course I'd have to go see our photoshop designer Dale' for such a creation...

And yes the hat.. definitely covers bad hair days...
It's those yellow eyes that i really must do something about...:eek:

Good to see you again, Tiff' :)
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-08-2004 10:58 PM

Oh your eyes are really azure blue it's just the reflection of your flaming heart.....:D

searchingspirit
Pirate

Post by searchingspirit » 06-15-2004 09:34 PM

you guys crack me up!!!:)

black widow
Pirate

Post by black widow » 06-24-2004 11:50 PM

searchingsprit, wow you must have been scared, well to tell you the truth I know you were, I can tell. I'm glad that you are here to wright to us about it.:D
why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”