General Annoucement in re: Fantastic Forum

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

General Annoucement in re: Fantastic Forum

Post by Linnea » 06-08-2004 05:09 PM

The volume of negative posting in certain threads is reaching critical limits. Unhappy posters are clamouring for moderation, and when they get it, it merely adds fuel to the flames. There are various assessments that one poster or another needs to be 'planked', etc. It is not often these kinds of 'event horizons' overtake us.

If you simply cannot tolerate the experience of being here, no one is holding you hostage. Many of us have weathered these seeming meltdowns. We might yet live to sail another day. There will be some who stay. If you don't like the trim of the ship, some moderators, the people - or some of the people, who manage the forum, or the way the forum is run - the thing to do is send private emails, and see if that helps, or if not - just move along. This is not life, it is merely a small forum, styled as a ship of pirates plying the cyberseas. We are here to share information, mostly on topics that are discussed on the Coast to Coast show, and - to have fun and enjoy the experience. This is not a deadly serious enterprise.

It seems there are posters who have become disenchanted with the place, etc... who stay around to express negativity. Why bother? All of the moderators are volunteers, and most are here to share information and have a good time. I repeat: this is not life. There are no life or death issues here. This forum does not exist as a 'first amendment', 'by God I have a right to tell it like it is' - kind of place.

It's time to clean it up, folks.

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 06-08-2004 05:16 PM

Now there's a mission statement that i can relate too...
Thanks!:D ;)
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 06-08-2004 05:18 PM

There's a motto in there somewhere that I can relate to:

"It's not life, it just seems like it."

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-08-2004 06:35 PM

Linnea,

I just wanted to say that I think this post was great.

As a new person to posting to this board I have felt really like an unwelcome guest. I have been listening to Art and C2C for about ten years and there is plenty to talk about, in an intelligent, constructive, respectful way. I am a regular poster on the C2C forum, and thought I would bop over here since this forum gets so many plugs on C2C.

As a new person coming to this forum and attempting to discuss a topic, it is almost impossible, with all the personal bickering going on. You feel like you are intruding on a family squabble. I am sure I am not the only new person feeling this way. I am sure most have done what I have thought about , why bother.

But if you can get through the bickering there is a poster, who is like a moon shining on the sea, attempting to discuss the topic in a respectful manner. So I know there are others here, hiding & waiting for the right moment to jump in.

I have been made to feel welcome by ALL of the moderators that I have come in contact with and a few posters, and for that thank you.

Thanks

SL
Last edited by SETIsLady on 06-08-2004 07:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-08-2004 07:00 PM

Dear SL if I haven't in the past (cuz this ole brain sometimes forgets) Welcome nearly new Pirate. Hope you enjoy your stay.......

Linn,

Understand. It is not life...sometimes I wish it was as life is a real pain in the uh er uh er, well you get the picture...;)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-08-2004 07:04 PM

Thanks Tiffany ;)

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 06-08-2004 07:06 PM

Well A big WELCOME SETIsLady

Hell I don’t take life too seriously A: it’s too short B: it’s full of crazy people each one thinking there right.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-08-2004 07:53 PM

Thanks Alien :) Now I am a little embarrassed I didnt post to bring attention to myself. :eek:

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-08-2004 07:58 PM

Aw SL everyone needs a welcome when they arrive. I should have done it when you first came aboard. But there has been so many new Pirates lately it is hard to remember which ones a person welcomed and which one's they forgot...No need to feel anything but welcomed:D And please post away your interesting thoughts.
Last edited by tiffany on 06-08-2004 08:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-08-2004 08:18 PM

Thanks again Tiffany..I look forward to settling in :)

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 06-09-2004 02:18 AM

Linnea,

Thank you for your attempt to ... well, you know. Thats all, just thanks! (actually there is alot more, but not for this thread). Jeri is right, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. At least you got your point across ;) and that is most important.

I think its good to be honest and here is my honest statement for the day. I have officially put Maryals and Cherry Kelly on ignore. Not because their "opinions" are different from mine, but because their posts are too flaky for what I consider serious stuff. I hate to use that feature, but if I don't I may just go nuts, since I take politics deadly serious. I don't have patience for folks who don't think before they post (which I do sometimes meself, eek ... feel free to point that out when I do it!).

Much love to you pirates. I am remaining as a pirate, most especially since it is an election year, and I can't wait to party with you anti-Bush folks in November!!!

Love,
Cindy

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 06-09-2004 08:46 AM

" Much love to you pirates. I am remaining as a pirate, most especially since it is an election year, and I can't wait to party with you anti-Bush folks in November!!!
"
Indeed!
I have a couple of kegs of grog I've been saving for a special occasion! :cool:
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 06-09-2004 10:15 AM

CindyLouWhoLuv,

:D :D :D

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 06-09-2004 10:40 AM

It is not often these kinds of 'event horizons' overtake us.

LOL... I'm sorry I love the word "event horizon"..you don't get to use it enough...:)

Hi all Pirates... My new car scent is starting to wear off a little...it's more of a "who left Mcdonald's in the car overinght?" kind of smell now.
So I am getting the groove of things here... I'm a peace maker in life....just goes smoother for me that way...I also don't think I look as good with Black eyes as I do with green...I digress...ANYWAY Pirates, Romans, Americans..LEND ME YOUR EARS... Life is short, way too short for some... I am not a hokey cheezy person all the time...but LOVE, Understanding, Foregiveness, and an Open mind and Heart are really key here...and in life.
People are people. We all get into moods, we all get cranky. But I know we can all be kind and caring, right? I can truly enjoy the rants of people whom I don't agree with.. I can even PLAINLY SEE that some<maybe even I>people are just crazy...and that is okay. Some are right, some are left, some don't even know they have two different hands.... But my whole point is... I love you all..really I love people in general...I could "people watch" all day.
Maybe we should all take the posts here with a grain of salt...I get mad sometimes..but then I realize I have a THOUSAND pounds of laundry to do...then I realize that my "real life" is more maddening than ANYTHING posted here on FF.

*******Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe
you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky
chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your
choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s****** -Baz Luhrmann

Peace Out

NeelyGirl...not Nelly the rapper as some have thought;) although it is gettin' hot in huuuuureeee!
Last edited by NeelyGirl on 06-09-2004 10:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle your big toe.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-09-2004 01:59 PM

Bravo, NeelyGirl! Great post!

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”