General Annoucement in re: Fantastic Forum

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 06-09-2004 02:29 PM

.I could "people watch" all day.

Me too NeelyGirl That’s the kind of sprit I admire I’m warming to you even more huggs

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-09-2004 05:37 PM

Good to see you out on deck, Linn. The salt spray and fresh air works wonders. Cures wut ails ya'. :)

Yeah NG, when you've been driving that car for a year it's like cheetos and stale beer with cannabis overtones... :D I agree with the boss this time, heh. Lovely post, great having you as a shipmate. :cool:

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-09-2004 05:46 PM

Yes is it, Dale. A few days off from work, then back to the daily grind. :rolleyes:

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 06-10-2004 10:01 AM

Thanks guys... I'm glad I'm a good "shipmate"..I tend to have bouts of ADD thought...so I may wonder off when I'm supposed to be doing chores. I wasn't trying to attract attention to myself< although I am famous in my own head> I really just love discussing things here, laughing, growling. smiling and what not.
I am not a cookie cutter person...I love taking in others opinions...and I truly have made some great friends here....Hope to contribute...and my own personal goal is to make people laugh and smile :D

NeelyGirl
Wiggle your big toe.

searchingspirit
Pirate

Post by searchingspirit » 06-15-2004 09:30 PM

neely...you are a good person and I see ya for your kindness. Linnea that was well put.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 06-20-2004 01:39 PM

SETIsLady wrote: Linnea,

I just wanted to say that I think this post was great.

As a new person to posting to this board I have felt really like an unwelcome guest. I have been listening to Art and C2C for about ten years and there is plenty to talk about, in an intelligent, constructive, respectful way. I am a regular poster on the C2C forum, and thought I would bop over here since this forum gets so many plugs on C2C.

As a new person coming to this forum and attempting to discuss a topic, it is almost impossible, with all the personal bickering going on. You feel like you are intruding on a family squabble. I am sure I am not the only new person feeling this way. I am sure most have done what I have thought about , why bother.

But if you can get through the bickering there is a poster, who is like a moon shining on the sea, attempting to discuss the topic in a respectful manner. So I know there are others here, hiding & waiting for the right moment to jump in.

I have been made to feel welcome by ALL of the moderators that I have come in contact with and a few posters, and for that thank you.

Thanks

SL

SETIsLady, unfortunately what you were reading was a very very small part of what has occurred here over the years that the FANTASTIC FORUM has been in existence. There are troublemakers at times here, too, just as on any forum. One came to just provocate not long ago. So, that is what you were encountering, though it was not so much a case of "family bickering" as being a case of a long history of such antics by one.

Stick around, and you will see.

To all Readers:
No, we are not apologizing to anyone, either, for our liberal and progressive stances here on P&G, which is one of the few places around; otherwise, people can just listen to the standard fare of 24/7 garbash Major Media pablum puke. The Major Media, is owned by GE, and such, and all are allied with the military-industrial interests, in case anyone hasn't noticed yet....? Not you, SETIsLady, this is just a general comment to all Readers, that's all.

Ninerism

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-20-2004 04:22 PM

Ninerism,

Thank you for trying to clear things up. Everyone is entitled to their own political views. I guess its a matter of picking and choosing your battles.

I will walk away before I will do battle with someone. To me is just not worth it. I am very strong in my convictions and beliefs so whether I get someone to see/believe my point of view really doesn't matter to me.

I try to be open minded even if what I am reading gets my feathers ruffled, (minus my overreaction to the graphics ;) ) If I am wrong I have no problem admitting it and I certainly never just assume one side is always right.

What I as referring to was some very nasty posts that were in my eyes completely unnecessary, but they have seemed to die down now.

Politics can always get heated but what a mess this Country would be in, if no one had an opinion. I anticipate the debates will get stronger as the election nears. I am just finding my way around the board, try to get to know people. And doing my best to give the same respect that I feel all of us as human beings deserve.

We can never get along with the rest of the world if we don't open our ears and actually listen to what others have to say.

The stakes are very high in this Country right now, and my main concern is that my son, who has just started college has a future to look forward to, as I did. Yes this may sound corny, but I want him to have part of the American dream.

I was born and raised in the Country, but my husband is from Cuba, his father spent 15 yrs in a Cuban jail for trying to be an individual. I know first hand just how good we have it in this Country. I know what his family encountered living in a Dictatorship Country.

I know we are in a mess right now, but I also know as Americans these are things that we can fix.

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 06-20-2004 11:52 PM

Sweet endearments
loving words
good will
rants
raves
roars
repulsions
griping
buck-passing
endemnity
god
conspiracy
UFOs
Black-Ops
holier than thou
gods' on our side, not yours

What do these all have in common and how do they conjugate?

We can and should speak of the wonderful splendors of the universe, our life, the lives of others and our human potential, arrived at through mutual encouragement and selfless love and service. Sharing this universe with contrarian forces is not a static peace we can much longer endure, for the momentum of this wonderful incarnation of cosmic bliss is of a progressive nature from crude to subtle. Inertia is integral to the universe, though an equal amount of malignantly contrarian evil and exploitation - a concept conveyed by sophistry - is contrary to the practical world and rapaciously constipating to the forward march of humanity.

There is, at the core of living beings, a thirst for limitlessness - reaching for this infinity is the desideratum of each and every being, and furthering this, for oneself and for all others, is a bounden duty of ever human worthy of their incarnation. The concepts, ideologies and indeed the people who constipate the forward progress of humanity and individuals are the greatest obstacles to life, to nature, to the universe, indeed to the very source of this sublime universe, the originating source, which some people occasionally call 'god.'

In the mobius loop of their premeditated ignorance and flauntulent conspicuations of religiosity and feigned sentience, the beasts of sophistry are indeed "sophisticated" for they don the guise of the high and mighty to flippantly dismiss the festering rage from those who have long known or recently discovered of their own exploitation, who have been pillaged, lied to, lied about, and even consumed by the avaricious hegemony of the beasts who'd exploit the world, and the merry feigners of victimhood who prop up such beasts by bearing false witness against the angered exploited masses who dare to challenge the pedestalled impostors of presumed cleanliness.

The presumptuous aires by which the truly disingenuous flippantly dismiss the whole of each person who dares to peel away the colorful cloak disguising society's exploitive beasts, who do so because they don't think the other is "adult" enough for them are indeed the dismissive jesters of the court of feigned sentience who attempt to veto, through noxious aires that no bottle of expensive perfume could every disguise, the very respectability of those who through their own sacrifice, sweat, tears and pain have endured the raucous laughter of the terminally disingenuous heinas feeding upon the dignity of others in their binge-purge fest of the spoils of war and class struggle.

Reaching their desideratum is inevitable for every being of this universe, reclaiming that original equipoise of infinite bliss from which we all are borne, though that doesn't license the morally retarded and truly disingenuous to make life miserable for others through their wantonly flauntulent presumptuous aires of feigned sentience and contrived reeling from the rants of those aware of exploitation who, motivated by love, work to unveil the colorful camouflage of the beasts hell-bent to exploit the rest of us. There are no "pretty please, with sugar on top" nor "if you will"s nor dainty other amusing posturings of polity to mechanize the flauntulent ostentations of those immitating the appearances of decency, though they do not comprehend nor are they truly concerned with natural human decency - their flauntulent aires alone prove that, not to mention their relentless complaints about those who'd dare to raise their humble heads to cry out for an end to the exploitation and a reclamation of universal love and a society that reflects that infinite longing in humanity.

I still say that Cheney is in the bushes conjugating incestuous rape, through Hellishbutton - of America, Iraq, the people of both countries, the world's economy, the world's resources, of the very essence of life - flicking a turd of arrogant dismissiveness at the very progenitor of this wonderful universe from which every mineral, product and person are borne with each and every dismal injustice upon each and every incarnation of that very same progenitor who have come to realize liberation in this very lifetime - not at the expense of their lives, their dignity or culture for the insatiable profits of his financial holding accounts and cronies.

The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

black widow
Pirate

Post by black widow » 06-24-2004 11:29 PM

NeelyGirl wrote: Thanks guys... I'm glad I'm a good "shipmate"..I tend to have bouts of ADD thought...so I may wonder off when I'm supposed to be doing chores. I wasn't trying to attract attention to myself< although I am famous in my own head> I really just love discussing things here, laughing, growling. smiling and what not.
I am not a cookie cutter person...I love taking in others opinions...and I truly have made some great friends here....Hope to contribute...and my own personal goal is to make people laugh and smile :D

NeelyGirl

NeelyGirl, have I told you that I really look forword to your post??
Well if not now I have, you truely make my day, has anyone ever told you that you would make a great wrighter?? I think the world of you, you seem to be very up beat, and I do beleve your a good kind hearted person...sooo keep them post coming our way ok B.W.:D :cool: :cool:
why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 06-25-2004 11:27 AM

Thank you Black Widow:) I'd love to be a writer..I have mucho material from growing up in a semi-crazy house..but I'm waiting till they get a little older so they can't get so mad at my "tell all" book:) I also think there are many talented "writers" on this forum whom have a view on life I can only imagine about.
Everyone enjoys compliments, and you actually<really> brought a tear to my eye. I'm going through rough times right now<who isn't> but this forum is my escape and vaction from real life craziness...I have made what I consider actual real friends here..and that is so huge.
I'm sure people think I talk or type too much...so they wouldn't like me in real life either...but I spend almost all my time with 2 wonderful active little girls...so I get very little adult contact...so this is my "adult swim" if you will;)

I appreciate it Black Widow , and I consider you a friend..

Neelygirl:D
Wiggle your big toe.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-25-2004 04:30 PM

Take a dip in these fantastic waters anytime NeelyGirl. More come here to escape than just you and your humor and wisdom make the swimmin' fine for all. :) I believe there might be a kiddie pool over in the Garden & Galley forum. Image

black widow
Pirate

Post by black widow » 06-26-2004 05:31 AM

NG I love you too, and I'll apologize now for my spelling before, I was in a hurry but at least you can read it. I really meant what I said tho, and I love to read your posts and consider you my friend as well!:)

This ship is my escape too more than anyone could know. Your sence of humor really makes my day.

There are other pirates that I really enjoy reading also, ofcourse, but as a 'peace-maker' you help my enjoyment of the FF tremendously.

read ya later!
why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.

cherry
Pirate

General Announcement in re: Fantastic Forum

Post by cherry » 06-26-2004 10:39 AM

Neelygirl

Have you read Aesops' Fables
or Grimms Fairy Tales?

"The Lion and the Mouse"
comes to mind.

The mouse saved the lion
by chewing the net loose.

Enjoy your weekend!:cool:

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 06-26-2004 10:49 AM

. . . . David beheaded the giant Goliath!

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 06-26-2004 11:06 AM

Miss Cherry...am I the mouse???
Wiggle your big toe.

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”