What do you all think of Ufo Watchdog?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Randir
Pirate

What do you all think of Ufo Watchdog?

Post by Randir » 01-04-2003 11:19 PM

I just found out about this site, they seem to disprove most of Art's guests and they even seem to have a hatred for Art himself. Im not trying to start an arguement, I am just wondering if anyone has read the site before and what you think of it. Heres the link:
http://www.ufowatchdog.com

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-04-2003 11:23 PM

I have seen the site. It is pathetic, they criticize Art for no reason at all and have very unkind words for Major Ed Dames, Dr. Jonathan Reed, Sean David Morton and others. It is for people with closed minds only!

------------------
racehorse
racehorse

Post by Guest » 01-05-2003 12:12 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by racehorse:
I have seen the site. It is pathetic, they criticize Art for no reason at all and have very unkind words for Major Ed Dames, Dr. Jonathan Reed, Sean David Morton and others. It is for people with closed minds only!

</font>
I'm sorry but I almost violently disagree with you. They blatantly reveal the true identity of Jonathan Reed, and you call that a closed mind? They blatantly reveal all the lies Sean David Morton told about his background, and that is a closed mind?

Ironically, dear, a closed mind is a mind that won't deal with facts, even when laid out for them in a logical easy to read manner with footnotes and facts, figures and dates.

I agree that they have a nasty view of Art Bell, but that is because they want ufo research to be taken seriously by the mainstream, and their contention is that Art Bell hampered that intention by giving a spot light to KNOWN frauds like Jonathan Reed and his silly freeze dried alien. Again, the web site lays out the man's entire identity and the identities of the fake doctors (they instead worked at a mini-mart, for God's sake!).

Sorry to get so emotional, but admiring Art Bell the Radio Celebrity does not require anyone to drop their brain at the door. Art has been many things, including a showman like the master of ceremonies at the Barnum and Bailey circus. There are times he has knowingly featured frauds, like Ghostwolf, the fake Indian and his silly Egyptian city in the Rockies (What happened to that? It would be the greatest discovery of the 20th and now 21st century if real, but it isn't).

UFOWatch may take a harsh tone but that is because they detest fraud, and like some consumer protection agency, they do their best to ferret out the frauds in the paranormal community. That includes Ed Dames, who contrary to his own and Art Bell's assertions, is almost always WRONG! I have been listening and taping his shows since 1995 and he is never right. OK? Art recently claimed that Ed got it right about deformed frogs. Sorry! I was there when Ed made that prediction. But I already knew about it because the same phenomena was already being reported in scientific circles and I had read about it on the internet before Ed "revealed" this great remote viewing truth on C2C. Can anyone imagine that if I can find such info, that Ed can too?

Enjoy the paranormal, enjoy ufos, but don't turn it into a faith based religion. The genre attracts a lot of fruit cakes and frauds. A closed mind just assumes they are all real. An open mind reviews the evidence and reveals the frauds.

That's my take on it.

civilian
Pirate

Post by civilian » 01-05-2003 02:40 PM

Its very hateful and a joke.
Nothing but debunkers and nay-sayers.
No one with any king of disernment takes it seriously for a second.
Government disinformation agents and the dumbed down sheeple.
Duh! Image
Its your free will to decide.
Art has lambasted it in the past himself.
Like the time Art posted at the UFO Update website when they were bashing Richard Hoagland as being a plagerizer and a charlatan. Art torn a strip off them and defended his good friend. It was very honorable to witness.
I have it filed somewhere.
I could look up the date and provide the links here as evidence.
Pass on that website. Bad info.

Post by Guest » 01-05-2003 03:14 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by civilian:
Its very hateful and a joke.
Nothing but debunkers and nay-sayers.
No one with any king of disernment takes it seriously for a second.
Government disinformation agents and the dumbed down sheeple.
Duh! Image
Its your free will to decide.
Art has lambasted it in the past himself.
Like the time Art posted at the UFO Update website when they were bashing Richard Hoagland as being a plagerizer and a charlatan. Art torn a strip off them and defended his good friend. It was very honorable to witness.
I have it filed somewhere.
I could look up the date and provide the links here as evidence.
Pass on that website. Bad info.
</font>
It has a tone that is unnecessarily harsh, but it does reveal the truth about some of Art Bell's guests. If you take that to be an all out attack on Art Bell, so be it. Art has knowingly put frauds on his show. That is not a shocking revelation. It is fact. That does not discredit him so much as prove his often repeated point that he is an entertainer, not a journalist.

If you wish to ignore substantiated evidence about the truth regarding Jonathan Reed, Sean David Morton, Ed Dames, et al, so be it.

But turning this into a religious situation where you either have faith or you are not a true fan is silly. Again, Art Bell has never asked anyone to drop their brain in a bucket before listening to the show.

I am sure many corporate entities would be happy to say the same things you said about any consumer watch dog group. This particular group just goes after frauds and lies in the ufo/paranormal area. If that offends you, too bad. You obviously have a will to believe, so any conflicting information is seen with great hostility.

By the way, this site does not disprove "most" of Art Bell's guests. He has literally hundreds of guests on each year, with just a few major repeats, Ed Dames, Hoagland, Brinkley, Paglini, etc. This site focuses on the poeple for which they have evidence of lies or deceipt, or feel the person is doing a disservice to the intent to have ufo research taken seriously.

The "will to believe" is a scary thing - just look at the Islamic droids who are willing to kill themselves to procur a little piece of ass (is it 74 virgins?) in heaven. I bet such folk get pretty pissed when someone refutes such nonsense in the interests of VALID spirituality.

[This message has been edited by Savannah (edited 05 January 2003).]

rolede
Pirate

Post by rolede » 01-05-2003 03:33 PM

Savannah: I'm new here but I like what you have to say. I'm not familiar with that site, but you have made me interested enough to check it out. Years ago I sometimes listened to Bill Cooper in small doses, due to his abrasive manner. While I didn't buy everything he put out, some of it was thought provoking. I know he had many detractors, but who wouldn't being that provocative? He mentioned that Art had admitted to a caller that he (Art) was a Mason. Was this true, and wouldn't this be greatly in conflict with Hoagland's attitude toward Masons?
One in four people is unbalanced; think of
three friends-if they seem okay-you're it

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 01-05-2003 04:30 PM

Art is an entertainer, a crackerjack interviewer, and he's incredibly good at what he does! Naturally, all of his guests are not created equal. He offered us a purely delightful smorgasboard. Do you mean to tell us that you couldn't tell the difference between Michio Kaku, and Richard Hoagland?

Some of Art's shows educated us, while others were just elaborate, jolly good campfire stories. Sometimes even ol' Art couldn't keep a straight face, in spite of his Hurculean efforts. The truth is indeed out there, and Art enjoyed mixing it up with pure entertainment. Caveat emptor, my friend.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

TheBlackHand
Pirate

Post by TheBlackHand » 01-05-2003 05:00 PM

Civilian, unbunch your undies. UFO Watchdog's are equal opportunity a-holes...and that's not neccesarily a bad thing. They throw cold water on the gullible, the charlatains, the looneys, the entertainers, and the dogmatics.

It is an informative and interesting site, taken with a grain of salt....much like the Art Bell's former show.

I can understand why Art might be a little peeved to find himself in the "Hall of Shame". On the other hand, I think he's a good sport. Art's cheerful acceptance of the Skeptical Enquirer's Snuffed Candle Award is evidence that even he doesn't take himself too seriously. It also made for a nice "right back atcha", thumb up the nose.

Civ, I've always asked myself what kind of person sends money to a Robert Tilton even after they've seen their prayer requests hitting the trash bin. Please tell me you're not one of those people.

------------------

"Repo man's always intense!"

[This message has been edited by TheBlackHand (edited 05 January 2003).]

rolede
Pirate

Post by rolede » 01-05-2003 06:07 PM

After reading these posts, I went to this site which I was unfamiliar with, and enjoyed it very much. It offers a balance to what Art puts out. Neither are to be taken as the absolute truth on ALL that they say. Arts's show is entertaining, and just as some TV shows may feature magicians,with slight of hand tricks-that are entertaining, so does his show offer some that are not to be taken all that seriously. Anyone inclined to do so is probably a great supporter of Miss Cleo, and Big Hair Evangelists.
One in four people is unbalanced; think of
three friends-if they seem okay-you're it

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

civilian
Pirate

Post by civilian » 01-05-2003 07:02 PM

Reminds me of the Toronto UFO Update website when Robert AM Stephens was attacking Richard Hoagland, while he lay in the hospital recovering from a heart attack, and Art responded to his attacks.

Here it is:
From the Toronto UFO Updates website...

Yes Robert,

I apologize for Richard not being here to defend himself
against your endless personal assaults. Apologize to you?
Not in this life time. If you want to attack me, be my
guest. get in line. You are nothing but a Liar and Fraud,
a very small person who attacks people when they are
down. So give me your best shot, personal or public.

I thought Jeff Rense was a good guy until he started
to be a method for you to spread your poison. That
puts him in the same portion of the food chain as
you.

I have been theatened by far better then you. Hell,
anybody is better then you. So, go for it. I await
your rain of terror. LOL

Art Bell

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/upd ... -017.shtml
-----------------------------------------
Here is another post:

To the list that is forced to read this dribble, I apologize for
Richard, not to him. He needs help. I am not qualified. Jeff
Rense and others who take up with him only sink to his level.
Even Joe Firmage has finally had enough. Have you?

Art Bell

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/upd ... -015.shtml

--------------------------------------
I believe Art went on to sue Stephens, hard to remember, it was about 4 years ago.
Don't mess with Art or his friends. Image

benjolson
Pirate

Post by benjolson » 01-05-2003 07:57 PM

Art?

Hitchhiker
Pirate

Post by Hitchhiker » 01-05-2003 10:17 PM

What better way to get exposure than to latch onto a star. IMHO, Ufowatchdog was long on hyperbole and short on substance.

Randir
Pirate

Post by Randir » 01-06-2003 12:53 AM

Civilian, I remember reading Art sued someone, I think it was Stephens. He sued him for 60 million bucks! WHOA!!!

Post by Guest » 01-06-2003 01:37 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Randir:
Civilian, I remember reading Art sued someone, I think it was Stephens. He sued him for 60 million bucks! WHOA!!!</font>
That's a lot of reindeer. Where would anyone get that kind of herd?

Randir
Pirate

Post by Randir » 01-06-2003 10:34 AM

Well I dont know if its true but I first heard about it from someone here, then I found this site:

http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/phe ... tbell.html

It says he filed a 60 million dollar lawsuit, I dont know if that means he actually got the money yet or what.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”