Alternate news source. Reporters-at-large

Moderator: Super Moderators

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Kottonmouth Kings

Post by revisedcode » 01-09-2005 08:41 PM

KOTTONMOUTH KINGS LYRICS
"Rest Of My Life"

I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life you can find me postin on my porch tokin my pipe-I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life see some people gave in but I ain't given up the fight I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life find me old postin on my porch tokin on my pipe

I'm gonna do as I please for the rest of my life see I'm in love with Mary Jane I'm gonna make her my wife

Sometimes I wanna get high travel up away to the beautiful skies Float away and hope to never come down hope to see the day that I never come down But what goes up is always bound to fall I'll I'm trying to say is that I live my life raw I'm gonna smoke weed the rest of my life and give all I got till the day that I die.

Ya!

I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life you can find me postin on my porch tokin my pipe-I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life see some people gave in but I ain't given up the fight I'm gonna smoke weed for the rest of my life find me old postin on my porch tokin on my pipe

I'm gonna do as I please for the rest of my life see I'm in love with Mary Jane I'm gonna make her my wife

When I look in the mirror I feel so low I see my eyes and I feel the glow I know I can make do let's bless the sole Show my love and let myself go wow Everybody knows that I spit these flows and I drink my beer smoke my weed But my head's in the clear Show your love respect the one your dreaming of.

I'm gonna do as I please for the rest of my life see I'm in love with Mary Jane I'm gonna make her my wife let us plant trees that bear positive fruits nourish our youth with compassionate truth that enlighten our minds to the deepest roots all the way to the core where the soul can stay true - where I can walk free with a joint in my hand and I can plant plants right upon my land help em' understand these are natures laws my creator had visions in the things he saw yeah - he saw - yeah yeah my creator had visions in the things he saw yeah. Yeah my creator had visions in the things he saw.

I'm gonna do as I please for the rest of my life, ya....
I'm gonna do as I please for the rest of my life, ya.... :)

Now when the love is lost and your spirits are low The world's closing in around you got no place to go

Done all that you could to ease and please another soul And in the end you're in the cold, another sad story told That's why I make my own decisions on how I'm liven Try to get by with the knowledge that I'm given Can't make me believe cause a tree is a tree And when my soul bleeds, the color that I'm spillin' is green

http://www.kottonmouthkings.com yeah :D

Revisedcode :D
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Dr Hook

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-09-2005 09:39 PM

I was sitting in my basement I just rolled myself a taste
Of something green and gold and glorious to get me through the day
Then my friend yelled through the transom "Grab your coat and get your hat son
There's a nut down on the corner, givin' dollar bills away"

But I laid around a bit
Then I had another hit
Then I rolled myself a bauma
Then I thought about my mama
Then I fooled around, played around
Jacked around a while and then

(chorus)
I got stoned and I missed it
I got stoned and it rolled right by
I got stoned oh me oh my

Now it took seven months of urging just to get that local virgin
With the sweet face up to my place to fool around a bit
Next day she woke up rosy and she snuggled up so cosy
When she asked me how I liked it Lord it hurt me to admit

(repeat chorus)

Now I ain't makin' no excuses for the many things I uses
Just to sweeten my relationships and brighten up my day
But when my earthly race is over and I'm ready for the clover
And they ask me how my life has been I guess I'll have to say

(repeat chorus)

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Hello Heaven ahhh LEAVE IT

Post by revisedcode » 01-09-2005 11:37 PM

Lets do HEMP, cuz its Gods Gift, I got a plant, johnny Law's got a GUN....who the **** is the criminal??

I got a plant, law's got a GUN, whos the Criminal???

Whats Really Going On.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 01-09-2005 11:54 PM

According to the law' the plant is the criminal.

and anyone that associates with it.

Purple haze' is a craze
that the mind spends so much time on
blissfully running thru the maze...

If you got the time and want a dime...
just so you will feel fine..

you know if caught, you'll do the time...
be careful my friend.

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

yeah for the rest of my life

Post by revisedcode » 01-13-2005 12:44 AM

Yeah for the rest of my life.

I am making plans on moving to Lake Tahoe Waverider :)

should be there some time this FALL :)

WOOT

In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 01-13-2005 09:33 AM

Biodiesel!
Set the People free from Big Oil!
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 02-03-2005 07:09 AM

And watch out for that Ethyl Alcohol...
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

johnny appleseed
Pirate

Post by johnny appleseed » 02-11-2005 07:34 AM

Cannabis - Alcohol
Mmmm... Which is more evil, eating corn chips or picking fights?

Here in Canada our mantra is: "Let's Decriminalize It."

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 02-11-2005 03:44 PM

You see here in America...
It's a crime to set your mind free, why because you can easily see thru the big lie'.
And they don't want that.

What they want is to enslave you and tax you, and tax you some more..
They want you to play their game, by their rules...

So Mary Jane' what's your name'..

You can set a country free', but they won't let it be...

But the three Martini' lunch and driving a big Lincoln Navigator is the place to be.. you see.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 02-17-2005 01:25 AM

Medical Pot Has Support in Austin

San Antonio Express-News
February 16, 2005

And it's for feeling a little better that Steve will join about 100 others involved with Texans for Medical Marijuana on Thursday as they lobby the Texas Legislature to pass House Bill 658. That proposal, authored by Rep. Elliott Naishtat, an Austin Democrat, would allow patients to use their medical condition as a defense against a marijuana possession charge — if they have a valid recommendation from their doctor.

SilentBlue
Pirate

Post by SilentBlue » 02-18-2005 04:20 AM

Saturday night, all alone
Watching the late late show
bottle of wine, some cigarettes
I've got no place to go

Well my dog died, just yesterday
And left me all alone
The finance company, came by today
And they reposessed my home

But that just a drop on the bucket
When it comes to losing you
I've got the down to seeds and stems again, blues

Commander Coty & Jerry Jeff Walker..

cherry
Pirate

Texas Legislature on Pot Penalties Reduction

Post by cherry » 03-08-2005 11:21 AM

Bill to reduce pot penalties up on Tuesday [March 8th]

HB 254 by Rep. Harold Dutton, D-Houston, will be heard in the Texas House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee on Tuesday. The legislation would restructure low-level pot possession offenses from a Class B misdemeanor to a Class C offense. (Grits previously discussed the bill here.) That change would help solve overcrowding in county jails, reduce local indigent defense costs (counties must pay for lawyers for B misdemeanor defendants, but not C misdemeanors, which are the equivalent of expensive traffic tickets), and actually raise revenue instead of soak the taxpayers indefinitely.

Jails in most Texas counties of any size are basically full. If it weren't for the fear and inertia that keeps institutional political players from taking risks -- like going against the tough-on-crime orthodoxy regarding marijuana -- this legislation would pass in a heartbeat. It's a win-win for everybody concerned. It raises revenue, reduces jail overcrowding, and would free up a lot of scarce police resources to do more important things.

It'll be fascinating to see who, if anybody, opposes Dutton's bill. I'm not sure any significant political interest, really, in practice, has a problem with it. The barriers to passage are more intangible, in the minds of the legislators who must approve it, not from folks vocally opposing the bill. Just a little bit of political cover -- say from counties making practical and financial arguments to address jail overcrowding -- and the bill might have some legs. A lot depends on what happens on Tuesday. I'll be watching.

Grits for Breakfast

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 03-08-2005 06:45 PM

Well, they could redefine crime, and leave marijuana out of it, but THAT will never happen here, nope not in the "Land of the Free", whose government was originally of, by, and for The People. Now its of, buy, and for the Corporate Interests. The People can go to hell, as far as the politicians are concerned. :mad:
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 03-11-2005 06:00 AM

Coast to Coast with George Noory
Tuesday, March 15th

Guest: Chris Conrad

Cannabis expert Chris Conrad will be discussing
medical marijuana and the legalization of hemp.

Books:
  • Cannabis Yields and Dosage
  • Hemp for Health
  • Hemp: Lifeline to the Future

Coast to Coast AM

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 03-11-2005 10:28 AM

Excellent! Although, I think Art should do a show with him too since he's a staunch supporter of legalization.

Return to “Alt News Blog”