Statement of Grievances and Demands for Redress READ IT!

VOTING ISSUES, Citizen Activism, Petitions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 05-13-2005 09:50 AM

I still say that a great percentage of the LAWS that have been passed have too many riders. Take one piece of legislation and read through it - or try to anyway - and you will find that the RIDERS or other things attached to it - exceed the original bill by sometimes two-three or more TIMES the original bill. (AND none have anything to do with the original bill.)

When laws are writting by Lawyers - only the lawyers understand the gobblety-gook they have written...and are created so that the common man can no longer represent him/herself in a court of law. THEREFORE - we need FEWER lawyers in congress and more common sense people!

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 05-13-2005 09:56 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: I still say that a great percentage of the LAWS that have been passed have too many riders. Take one piece of legislation and read through it - or try to anyway - and you will find that the RIDERS or other things attached to it - exceed the original bill by sometimes two-three or more TIMES the original bill. (AND none have anything to do with the original bill.)

When laws are writting by Lawyers - only the lawyers understand the gobblety-gook they have written...and are created so that the common man can no longer represent him/herself in a court of law. THEREFORE - we need FEWER lawyers in congress and more common sense people!

I can agree with that. :)

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-13-2005 10:09 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: we need FEWER lawyers in congress

I think that we need more.;) :D
Last edited by racehorse on 05-13-2005 12:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 05-21-2005 05:01 AM

20 - That attorneys be licensed, and their practices reviewed, by state boards composed of non- lawyers, and that no person shall be allowed to run for elected office who has practiced law during the preceding five years, nor shall such person, having held elected office, be permitted to practice law during his term of office or during the five years after leaving office.
Wait a minute. Fab -- is this about the 13th Amendment? If yes, then I think I need a fairly elementary education on this. I'm just beginning to grasp it, but don't really have it yet.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 05-21-2005 06:51 AM

It is basically eluding to the way the system is corrupted in the use of the "legalese" and how many of the pundits when attaining office do this with full knowing that ultimately they will be able to reap rewards upon their return to practice in the public realm.

It is an element that deserves much scrutiny especially in the face of the way the judicial branch has been injected into the legislation process instead of being a component of the system of checks and calances as it was designed.

Of course I am opening myself up for a round of attacks for stating this, but it is what is happening and a dangerous component in the process. They are of their own, a monarchy. and will explain much about this whole fillibuster debacle and why it is becoming an inflammatory issue for both sides to approach without letting the "cat out of the bag" to put it simply.

And it does dovetail into this 'theory"

showthread.php?s=&threadid=14190

fab
Ah drrr drrr drrr

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 05-21-2005 05:21 PM

The Legal system seems to be the "intelligence" that secures the safety of the financial engineering of the Corrupt System. You'll get no argument from me Fab.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 05-22-2005 04:15 AM

Fab, I accepted the arguments we made when we discussed this before. But then when I was reading about the 13th Amendment, it started ringing bells back to this subject and I began to wonder if it had something to do with why that was originally put in.

Thanks for starting a post on the missing 13th -- going to read it now. :)
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 05-22-2005 12:00 PM

Of note also is the pension they receive for their "service" and the often reiterated membership they once held as part of the ruling aristocracy of the fed.

I thought they were servants????

:D
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-17-2015 11:56 PM

fabzilla wrote: Of note also is the pension they receive for their "service" and the often reiterated membership they once held as part of the ruling aristocracy of the fed.

I thought they were servants????

:D

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-18-2015 12:43 AM

What a great thread and here we are ten years later..................:eek:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-19-2015 08:23 PM

Wow a grand thread for shure!!

Return to “We the People”