why is the "Art's New Wife" thread closed?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 04-18-2006 04:50 PM

Linnea wrote: We've pretty much trashed Art Bell, I think. So, it is the end of an era for this forum. It has not been easy for me to watch this happen.

I also think we will see some changes here shortly - especially in the Art Bell forum. The use of Art's name and photos has always been an explicit privilege, not a right - for instance.

so, ya mean to say that because we had a discussion about Art (which, as far as I could tell, was honest and respectful), we pissed him off and he will pull his name and images from the board?

if this is true, then things are worse than I thought...

Daneel
Pirate

Post by Daneel » 04-18-2006 04:51 PM

Thumbs DOWN to the 'Art's New Wife' thread being closed.

This forum has been busier in the past three or four days than it has in months!

So what's 'best for the forum' is to open it back up and allow people to continue to discuss it.

Personally, I agree with joequinn about focusing more about the content of the show; I have some serious concerns about how Art's move to the Phillappenes (sp?) will affect the weekend broadcasts. And, being a fan, I feel I have a right to be concerned..I love Art's show.

But...if people want to discuss Art's new wife and express concern or whatever, let them.

If Art didn't want us to know he wouldn't or shouldn't have told us!

Oh and in regard to Art pulling his images and being 'upset with the forum'---we all know about Art's temper. Look at all his arguments and spats with the midnight HAMS. He has threatened time and again to 'sign off for good' from the HAMS. Then there's the feud with N6AYJ (which I take Art's side on becuase I've listened to him constanly disrupt the HAMS).

This is another reason why I am a fan who keeps a distance. I dion't want to get upset by Art...he has his own life and he is going to to what he wants. He has retired how many times? How many times have we, as fans, felt disappointed? Now this latest 'mail-order-bride' remarraige and move to the Philippines?

Maybe powers that be are upset because Art couldn't swallow some opinions of his remarraige and lashed out at the forum with a temper tantrum. Well, boo-hoo...sorry your feelings are hurt but Art is not the nicest person in the world, nor do I expect him to be. He is a NORMAL person but it's not fair to take it out on this forum or his dedicated fans. He'll get over it.

-Mike
Last edited by Daneel on 04-18-2006 05:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 04-18-2006 04:51 PM

Sam.I'm.Not wrote: Linnea is the decider, and she decides what is best. And what's best is for the Forum.;) :D :D

Spam

To give you an idea how this has affected my head this weekend here’s a song for my last post in this thread.

The Spam Song

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, (Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam!) Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

(And so it goes, for a few more choruses)

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

(Whew. Typing this song is making me hungry.)

(And so it goes. I'm off to get some Spam, Spam, egg, and Spam.)

SKTD1958
Pirate

The images of the wedding are still there

Post by SKTD1958 » 04-18-2006 05:38 PM

For anyone who hasn't seen them, the images can still be seen as of TUES 4-18-06 @ 6:30 PM EDT.

It takes a little poking around to find them but Art & the new bride are pictured at:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1 ... heme=light

I'll bet the radio network wishes this never happened.

I'll bet Bell wishes he hadn't made his private life so public. Most broadcasters know where to draw a line.

The audio delay from Manila will definitely present some problems - not to mention Art's attitude.

Three times he said he retired and three times he came back. You gotta wonder.
Last edited by SKTD1958 on 04-18-2006 05:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-18-2006 05:46 PM

Well, Daneel - each to his own opinion. I don't much care for yours, btw. And, regarding obsessing about Art Bell - you seem to know much more about his activities than many of us here. (?) :eek:

If you or anyone else wants to open up a thread 'Art Bell's New Wife II' - what's to prevent you? We are beyond that now. Who cares?

No one's feelings are hurt and there is no boo hoo. Reading your spastic rant is like drinking rot gut liquor to me. I prefer a nice aged scotch.

The main purpose of this post, is for a disclaimer here, that there has been no contact from Art Bell in regards to anything on this forum. If I implied there had been, just want to correct the record.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 04-18-2006 06:00 PM

You've been really patient and generous to all of us in the past few days, Linnea -- allowing us to vent far beyond what I thought was "legal", in my opinion.

Your word is gold, to me.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 04-18-2006 06:01 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: You've been really patient and generous to all of us in the past few days, Linnea -- allowing us to vent far beyond what I thought was "legal", in my opinion.
I will second this notion.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 04-18-2006 06:03 PM

"I second that emotion...."

Racerr36
Pirate

I missed the party

Post by Racerr36 » 04-18-2006 06:48 PM

Wow just got to this long thread...lots of energy out there on this topic it seems so I wanted to chime in a bit. Without ranting a bit I really think whatever Art does its his choice and keep in mind that he didnt come to having a wife without her consent so its two people deciding to live together legally. I see no fault from Art or his wife. So sit back and take a pill and this whole deal will play out for better or worse. I really hope the best for Art and hope they iron out the whatever the hell that line is that he needs to make the show. Keep in mind he is still doing the show thats whats most important to me right now.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-18-2006 07:02 PM

Ah, but for how long? That is the real concern for me...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 04-18-2006 07:06 PM

I think some one said this, but i will again just in case.

Some one i know who has access to the official Coast Forum told me that some of the posts there are much harsher than anything posted here.

Did anyone hear Mr. Noory congratulate the new Mr. and Mrs. Bell last night? Maybe i missed it.
But if he didn't that says a lot.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-18-2006 07:31 PM

Sean - I think you have just singlehandedly created the best boost for the streamlink membership - than anything Premrad has come up with lately.
;)

And it is a private - not a public forum.

I believe George Noory is smiling for this turn of events for Art Bell. Don't you? What ever his congratulations, I'll bet they are warm ones.

George is a nice guy...

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 04-18-2006 07:42 PM

Sean_in_Montreal wrote: Some one i know who has access to the official Coast Forum told me that some of the posts there are much harsher than anything posted here.
It's true. We're like little schoolgirls over here compared to there.

edit to add: but I still like it here better. This is only the 2nd time I've looked at that forum and the reason was the same, to get the pulse of a different (?) group of listeners, and perhaps a wider audience (of that I'm not sure) and to see if some of us at FF were far off base or not. I was surprised at the things some people were saying, although it's not like many of us haven't thought of them, we just have been more careful about how we've said it. Plus there's some really funny people there too.

What I didn't get was any sense of reluctance for [people to post what they were thinking.
Last edited by dotcosm on 04-18-2006 07:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SKTD1958
Pirate

Post by SKTD1958 » 04-18-2006 07:42 PM

So with Art moving to Manila to be with wife number 3, there will be plenty of technical issues.

1 - doing the show in midday there
2- the inherent time delay

Because of the great distance, there is a significant time delay from Manila to the states - no matter what. From the way I understand it, the signal goes by land lines in Manila (or wherever) to a ground uplink - to a satellite - back to a ground receiving station - to land lines - to the network center and then out on the CC network to all the local station affiliates.

With all Bell's interviews conducted by phone as well as the listener call-ins, I don't know how they'll handle it.

Like him or not, Bell is a technical wiz and if there's any possible workaround, he'll find it and the rest of the industry will adopt it.

You hear the delay all the time on LIVE news feeds where there's a verbal exchange between a NY anchor and somebody on the other side of the world. There are always long pauses from the other side as the field reporter awaits his reception of the anchor's question.

The awkward pauses are bearable on a 3 minute feed but over 4 long hours of radio, if they don't find a new way of handling it, it will be unbearable.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-18-2006 07:52 PM

Bingo!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”