why is the "Art's New Wife" thread closed?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-19-2006 11:14 AM

Hey, Shirley ;)

Didn't realize you were so active in all these areas. About, Art - and comments on his personal life. I guess he has invited comment, as he shares these aspects of his life over the air. What has surprised me is the negativity of the reactions. As vigo has pointed out, Art has always lived very differently from many of us. He described his relationship with Ramona as being one of - there she was, and that was IT! And they were inseparable from that moment. Seems to be how Art makes decisions and changes in his life.

Hope we will hear him on the air - from Manila, wherever. ;)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-19-2006 11:22 AM

Yes Linn, I don't talk about it much here because when I have I get attacked or asked too many questions, I am not here to teach, what I have learned took a lot of work and am not willing at this point in my life to teach others, I feel if you are really interested in something you will do the work. I will say one thing, there is nothing new in the UFO field in the last thirty years, everything is just a rehash.

I know Friedman, Greer, Macabee etc. some are nice others oh well.

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 04-19-2006 05:05 PM

I just browsed through the forum on the Coast site for the night Art announced his marriage. They are really mean over there. Our ship is so good compared to that vipers pit! WOW ! Keith would have shut the entire site down over that stuff. When I remember how irritated he used to get and bump people out over NOTHING, I just can't help but think he would have gone nuts over there right now. They are some cold-hearted people. :eek: So glad we are here. Sometimes some stormy weather may rock the boat, but no outright typhoons. Whew!!

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 04-19-2006 07:55 PM

Patty wrote: I just browsed through the forum on the Coast site for the night Art announced his marriage. They are really mean over there. Our ship is so good compared to that vipers pit! WOW ! Keith would have shut the entire site down over that stuff. When I remember how irritated he used to get and bump people out over NOTHING, I just can't help but think he would have gone nuts over there right now. They are some cold-hearted people. :eek: So glad we are here. Sometimes some stormy weather may rock the boat, but no outright typhoons. Whew!!

Patty what's the address over there?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-19-2006 08:24 PM

Moonchild, it is coasttocoastam.com but you can't get into the message board unless you're a streamlink member.

Justen Tyme
Pirate

Post by Justen Tyme » 04-19-2006 09:18 PM

Linnea wrote: As vigo has pointed out, Art has always lived very differently from many of us.
Yes indeed Linnea

And, even tho views may overlap at times,
we all have our own ways of seeing things

And as the saying goes there's (at least) two sides to every story

Why, here's a couple anagrams... which story do you want to see?

'ART BELL REMARRIES' ->

Art? Rebel realm, sir!
OR
Martial rebel errs?

I tellya what, Art is what Art is, & Art does what Art does
and
I gotta say I mebbe wouldn't have done what Art's all done

yet, marriage & all aside, life is all about choices...
everything we do is for better or for worse isn't it?

Bottom linin' from experience
far's living life goes, I'll also have to tellya this folks
all said, & in any case, AT the end of the day, personally?
I'd much rather be differently happy than unhappily 'normal'...
knowhutImean?

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 04-19-2006 09:52 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Moonchild, it is coasttocoastam.com but you can't get into the message board unless you're a streamlink member.
Yes, that's right moonchild. I have had the streamlink so I can record the shows from Art when he's on, and also other guests I really like. But I had never been to the other parts of the site before till I read a post about it and went hunting and found it. I haven't been on their boards since Keith had Arts site, back when it was artbell.com still. It looks like I may have to check it out further, my curiousity is killing me now!:D :D

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-19-2006 11:30 PM

Linnea wrote: Well, it is nice to see you back, Iris. Hope you'll stick around. :) There is lots going on.

About Art. I believe a lot of the anger comes from the fact he is moving out of the country. All the fans feel bitch slapped and abandoned. Sorta. If he had announced he was bringing a new companion out to Pahrump, there would have been some reaction - but nothing like we've seen. One thing I have been wondering is, what kind of reaction did Art expect there would be? I also wonder how he is reacting to the reaction...

Thanks for the warm welcome back, Linnea. How have you been? I'll try to stick around; I've missed my FF friends. :) There sure is a lot going on. Things happen so fast it's hard to keep up.

You bring up a good point about Art moving. Had he announced that Airyn was coming to Parumph and that he was starting his own show five days a week with her full support, how do you think the reaction would be different? Some folks may feel she's "stealing" him from them.

I'd imagine that Art expected some criticism. He's certainly used to it, though he may be surprised at the extent of it. What's your guess?
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

docnaz
Pirate

Post by docnaz » 04-19-2006 11:41 PM

I had to add this entry I copied from my Live Journal Coast2coast site.

Wow!
Oh this is just all so weird and sudden, sad, confusing, and somewhat exciting and surprising as well. I really love the guy, and of course I wish him well. I want him to be happy and have a companion, and all I have to go on is what he has told us, but this just seems so sudden and strange, and she seems so young. However, ultimately, whatever he chooses to do is really his own business, and we have to trust that he'll make the right decisions for himself. But after all these years, all this time, I can't help but care.

I have been addicted to this show for YEARS and YEARS, been there through all of his leavings and returnings, it's been some ride, but this last tragedy, the death of Ramona, was so hard. I was so wrapped up in his grieving her loss, and naturally I loved her and grieved too. I always felt her presence there behind the scenes and I so admired him for being the kind of man who would so openly declare his love for his wife, for being steadfast and faithful, for loving her so deeply. He seemed like the ultimate romantic, the kind of husband any woman would want to have, someone who would declare his love for his wife so publicly.

When she died I cried and cried. I didn't sleep well for a few nights. I told everyone the story. I couldn't stop thinking about them, about him. I wrote an e-mail and sent a fast blast. I listened to the bumper music thinking that maybe he was saying things with the music that were too hard for him to say on the show, especially when he played love songs like, "I'm In You."

And I love the guy. He's been like a friend and a night time companion to me. I know so many who, like me, go to bed at night listening to his voice. I like George but I'm mad for Art and always look forward to the weekends. And of course I want him to be happy, and I'm sure Ramona would want him to be. He's made it pretty clear that he is the kind of man who has to have a woman, a companion, a partner, and that he can't or won't do a lot of basic things for himself. I naturally assumed that despite the love he feels for his wife, and the great relationship they had, that he would most certainly hook up with someone else eventually, or even after a year or so. But this is sooo soon, and she is so young, and it just feels weird.

I can't help but wonder how he could have managed to fall that deeply in love with someone else in such a short time, via e-mail, and all while he was grieving the loss of his wife. I mean it's only been a few months, and this new relationship must have been going on for some time already, so how long did he wait? I don't know. It's really none of my business, and again I want him to be happy, but as a woman who has had her heart broken by a philandering man, as a woman who is aging in a society that worships youth, as a woman who thinks men don't want to deal with complex women with rich histories and would rather exchange their money for someone easier and less complicated, I can't help but feel a wee bit disappointed, rejected in some way.

I imagine this sounds insane because why on earth would I take something that someone I have never met does personally? I guess I just have certain prejudices, or wounds, and I don't like to admit this. I guess I have to face the fact that I wanted him to marry someone more like me, a mature American woman, someone who would be more of an equal, rather than someone who seems like a very compliant, very young, possibly gold-digging Filipino child bride.

I guess I'm just conflicted about this whole thing and obviously way too wrapped up in his personal life when again, this is none of my business. I mean honestly, so what if this is an exchange of sorts, a trade of youth, beauty, energy, and simple companionship, for maturity, intelligence, talent, fidelity and support? So what? Ramona, I guess that's what, that's the sticking point that I have to get over, and I didn't know her, so I have to trust that Art knows she would have wanted him to be happy no matter how fast and with whom. I have to get over my old fashioned societal notions of how people should grieve -- black and tears for a year, etc. I have to be loving, accepting, and a real friend. A real friend would understand.

However, it wouldn't be fair of Art to pick and choose when he wants our love and support, or our interest in his life. He has to expect that we would have some reaction other than, "Woot woot right on you go guy!" When people who live their lives in a public way, come into our homes via their voices or images, and share deeply personal parts of their lives with us, it has to be expected that we will feel in some small way like we are a part of their lives, and that we will naturally care about them and the things they do.

I truly hope that the speedy nature of this relationship, and my apprehension about this, don't mean anything in the long run and that she is a wonderful woman who will make him happy and be a great companion to him. I hope that he will be a good husband to her. I wish them happiness despite my needing some time to catch up with them. I still miss Ramona and am still somewhat in denial about her death which is probably why this is hard to embrace. Give me a couple of months and as long as the cats are all happy and safe, as long as Art and his new wife are happy, as long as he stays in touch from far far away in the Fillipines, then I'll get onboard and throw rice : )

Big hugs,
A surprised and overwhelmed Jacqui

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-19-2006 11:48 PM

Linnea wrote: From what I am hearing, many people do not approve of: the timing of this relationship for Art, the age of his new companion, and his moving to the Philippines....and not taking all his cats with him, and abandoning Pahrump - the high desert.

That's a whole lot! Wow!

There are other factors, too, and perhaps some of them are on a subconscious level for many. There's some jealousy over Art's situation by men, and women feeling that a young girl is being used, or perhaps a bit insulted that he didn't choose a nice American woman, or a woman their age (if they're near Art's age), or maybe even feeling like they wished it was them instead. If you read all the posts you'll see strong hints of that by some.

We're all programmed to think May-December marriages happen more among the wealthy, but this isn't true; they actually happen more among the poor. We also hold a collective thought that they're less successful than other marriages, but this is also wrong; they tend to be more successful.

There's an unwritten rule that everyone must grieve a serious loss for a year, and that's been with us throughout history. We only apply this rule to the loss of humans. Someone can feel that their dog is like their child, and on losing the dog they can buy another within a week and nobody says a word about their not having time to process their grief, or that they didn't love their previous dog. They do process the grief, apparently. Curious, isn't it?

Yet if it's with a human, we have this concept of one year being "proper." Do you remember Vivian Leigh as Scarlet O'Hara champing at the bit at having to wear black for a year over the death of a husband she didn't love? I think that's etched in all our minds.

There are so many factors involved that it's not surprising to see a lot of folks reacting strongly, when you think about it.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-20-2006 12:01 AM

Shirleypal wrote: I agree with you Linnea, think it is time to move on. My opinion on this whole thing does not matter. I love Art and will continue to listen to him for many reasons. I may come from a different perspective as I have been involved personally in many of the subjects and his guests over the years. I helped put on UFO Conferences, studied meditation and the metaphysical, worked with Contactee's etc. which is different than just listening to a show in the middle of the night about these areas. I am grateful for all the work Art does to bring us these wonderful shows and hope he will continues to do so for years to come.
Art's life is Art's and mine is mine and I will stay a part of it via my radio.

Shirley, because of your fascinating background you bring an interesting perspective to this forum. I'm glad you're here! :)

Most of us have listened to Art for many years. He is still The Master at milking a good interview out of a fascinating guest, and I'm glad he's determined to continue his show.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 04-20-2006 12:14 AM

Hi Iris......hugs........

No jealousy here..........just still feels not right...of course my opinion. It was pointed out to me (as I did not here Saturday night's show, but got it second hand), that Art did not give his friend permission to give out his email. He didn't know that his friend did in the beginning. The girl (now his new wife) emailed him several times before he answered her emails on his private email address. Why did a 21 year old girl keep emailing an American man who she did not know, without him answering her.... before he actually did answer her. As it was suggested to me maybe his friend told her to keep emailing him, I dunno........but it is strange........I wouldn't have at 21 kept emailing a man in another Country several times without an answer. Once would have been plenty with no reply. I feel there is more than meets the eye, but will refrain. What would she say in several emails to a stranger who lost his wife......it was as I now understand a bit later that Art asked her how she got his email. So she did not in the initial emails let him know that his friend had her email him. She just kept emailing him. Of course we only know what Art told us.....which may not be the whole ball of wax.........but I am perplexed.

I also think within a week this will all die down.........some feeling different........some not.....peace.........

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 04-20-2006 12:18 AM

Tiffany "I also think within a week this will all die down.........some feeling different........some not.....peace........."

I 4 1 can’t take it any more Tiffany it’s killed my brain this weekend. :(

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 04-20-2006 12:48 AM

I have to say this........ART has said many times he long ago grew thick skin.....he found he had to.

He laso said he was on the phone alot after the first show telling everyone.

He knew that people would get very very upset. He thought about this for a while as it had been going on for a while.

He is just a human and far from perfect as he has tried to get across to people that act like he is a god. Yes he is the first to say he has a large ego. I have heard him say as much over the years on Ham radio.

Yes he shares large parts of who he is. He still does not share all of it.

While many here feel they know him so dang well they just don't.

I ask you this....have you never had a friend or lover that you knew so well and later found you really did not know them?
OidarAM

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 04-20-2006 01:01 AM

I found it a bit unhealthy to kinda worship Art as I have NEVER felt so close to any star/radio host/tv person in my life.

I thought long and hard about this. I give Art credit that he has the type of draw he does and respect his talent/energy. This is what makes him do so well in radio.

I also think it healthy for ME and maybe others to step back and look at what is missing in our selves that we look for someone we really don't know personally.....as in seeing them and really getting to know them on a real personal level.

I may be wrong but I think Art would agree that the fan thing is strange.

10+ years with Art I am sure if I lived near him and went to lunch with him every week I would be so shocked thaa he isn't like I thought he was.

I saw/heard this on Ham radio....I thought about this as I really was shocked how I had felt about Art. I felt so close to him like so many of you all are saying. I did not like that feeling......as I really don't know him. I only think I do.

His talent is fantastic and he draws you in so well. This is why radio works so very well for him.

Mind you I am not knocking him at all!!

I used to be a very ver good hinest salesman. People loved me and I was always so shocked how they wanted to get close to me. So many wanted dinner dates and wanted me to do things with their family. I am a hermit at heart. People got mad when I didn't preform the way they thought I should. I sold them things and was very honest and would go the extra mile always to help them.
OidarAM

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”