why is the "Art's New Wife" thread closed?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 04-20-2006 01:05 AM

My point is>>>>> some of us are like a light bulb and draw others to us. People have other names for this. They want more of this feeling so they make up in their own minds how these loght bulb people should be and are.

Think how you loved a teacher when you were young and when older saw them again and they were nothing like you recall when you thought they were almost a god.

Art is just a man that is very good at what he does. He has faults and sections of his life many would never agree with.

SOOOOOOOO BE IT!
OidarAM

lunacat
Pirate

Post by lunacat » 04-20-2006 01:07 AM

tiffany wrote: Why did a 21 year old girl keep emailing an American man who she did not know, without him answering her.... before he actually did answer her. As it was suggested to me maybe his friend told her to keep emailing him, I dunno........but it is strange........I wouldn't have at 21 kept emailing a man in another Country several times without an answer. Once would have been plenty with no reply.

Tiffany...I was thinking the same thing too. I have a feeling he knows that she may have already known a thing or two about him already...and he's probably fine with that. The "she had no clue" spiel was probably to stem the gossip about her intentions...

Or maybe we're just not friendly enough , lol...I don't know.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-20-2006 01:13 AM

tiffany wrote: Hi Iris......hugs........

No jealousy here..........just still feels not right...of course my opinion. It was pointed out to me (as I did not here Saturday night's show, but got it second hand), that Art did not give his friend permission to give out his email. He didn't know that his friend did in the beginning. The girl (now his new wife) emailed him several times before he answered her emails on his private email address. Why did a 21 year old girl keep emailing an American man who she did not know, without him answering her.... before he actually did answer her. As it was suggested to me maybe his friend told her to keep emailing him, I dunno........but it is strange........I wouldn't have at 21 kept emailing a man in another Country several times without an answer. Once would have been plenty with no reply. I feel there is more than meets the eye, but will refrain. What would she say in several emails to a stranger who lost his wife......it was as I now understand a bit later that Art asked her how she got his email. So she did not in the initial emails let him know that his friend had her email him. She just kept emailing him. Of course we only know what Art told us.....which may not be the whole ball of wax.........but I am perplexed.

I also think within a week this will all die down.........some feeling different........some not.....peace.........

Hugs back Tiff!

I did finally hear Art's show about this last night and it appears that he had given his friend his private email addy and the friend gave it to his girlfriend's sister without Art's knowledge or permission, yes. Art said she wrote, and he answered as he answered many, and she answered back, and he answered her back, and so on. Yes, he asked her later how she got his email. I think Art told the story straight, JMHO.

I agree, as I said to Linnea, this too shall pass.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 04-20-2006 01:16 AM

I see the ride Art furnishes as one great ride. He is like the best story teller ever.

He works from his true feelings.

Often he does not tell us how he feels but steps back so we can decide on our own.

He doesn't block the story.

This is what he very often does best.

When he shows us really how he feels or what he does and we don't agree it is often such a shock to the pictures in our mind of him that we? or I get mad.

He really walks a line and sometimes crosses it like now.

He tells us because I think he does feel the love from so many. He is above all BRAVE!! I think
OidarAM

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 04-20-2006 01:16 AM

My point is>>>>> some of us are like a light bulb and draw others to us. People have other names for this

Flies buzzing around a pile of dung comes to mind :D :p

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 04-20-2006 01:26 AM

I agree he knew. He is very very good at reading people. He knows the dance well.

Don't we all over look faults to find some love at times? It is a trade off sometimes.

Art is a very very powerful guy. I think he would also only pick a young powerful gal.

The dance is eveything. The spice and the over looking that she may know stuff she did not say she did doesn't matter really.

In time they may share all their faults.

In my time I have been with many people that held things back thinking I did not know it. Has this not happened to you?

The dance ha ! Art is having fun and quickly worked his way from all that sadness. He moves fast at all things as he has told us all.

He smashes his fears and risks more than many of us would. He says what the hell.....go for it.

People will always second guess and TALK! GOSSIP
OidarAM

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 04-20-2006 01:38 AM

I just bet that Art does read all of this stuff and laugh and laugh his ass off.

I also think often he may rethink his choice if something someone says rings his BELL?

LOL.....I also think he often thinks ......good god people get a life......but then he would not want to say that as why would he want to push us away like that.

Nope Art knows how to make the sale for sure.

See I think I know him!! Just like all of you!

We so want to know what makes him tick...he knew he could't hide this new wife so out with it he knew he must go.

He does know that it is better to control things.....as best he can. Still look at all the crazy crap out about him now.

thanks Art....you are always taking my mind off my problems and I do thank you for the RIDE!!
OidarAM

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 04-20-2006 02:09 AM

I was on the Original Radion Room the night that Art announced his marriage. The interesting thing is that everybody on there that night wished him well instantly. There was a real feeling of shared celebration for Art. UNTIL the whole story gradually emerged. When that happened I started to not feel so celebratory as I was shocked at her age and the circumstances of their meeting. I truly believe that there would have been few critizisms had she been older, and they had met in a more tradional manner. Marrying or finding a mate to be with shortly after a spouse passes away is becoming more common and easily acceptable as we all understand how loneliness is unbearable for some folks. I read somewhere that the people who marry the quickest after the loss of a spouse, are the ones who had the happiest of marriages. It's who and how that is hard to fathom.

Mal
Pirate

Post by Mal » 04-20-2006 07:55 AM

Alien_UK wrote: Flies buzzing around a pile of dung comes to mind :D :p

You have offended my honor for the last time Canadian!!!!!

I challange you to a duel.

May JeBus have mercy on your soul.

Edited to add more exclamation marks!!!!!

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 04-20-2006 01:56 PM

Mal wrote: You have offended my honor for the last time Canadian!!!!!

I challange you to a duel.

May JeBus have mercy on your soul.

Edited to add more exclamation marks!!!!!

On your mark!!!

Atheen
Pirate

Post by Atheen » 04-20-2006 06:44 PM

moonchild2 wrote: I was all for Art marrying as he is 60 but there was one thing that made me feel uncomforable during his show that night and that is he kept asking people if they had gone to the web site to see her picture. He seemed to be consumed by that fact that she is young and beautiful and said very little about what she represents as a real person. It sounded like he wanted everyone (the men anyway) to see his new trophy. I didn't care for that.

Thank you for saying that, Moonchild. I can't help believing that any thinking person, especially women, would feel offended by his constant queries as to whether her beauty was noticed. She is a child and most children ARE beautiful - and should be protected. My sympathy is extended to her family if they feel this is a contract they should, or need, to endorse.

I've been a 'fan' for almost as long as Coast to Coast has been on the air. I'm ready to turn it over to the barely post-adolescent audience that George attracts. My one exception is to keep listening to Ian Punnett, which is worth the cost of podcast to me.

Hearing Art expound on his latest acquisition made me slightly queasy and I am, as someone else posted in this thread, over it.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 04-20-2006 07:22 PM

She's not a child. She's 21.

ABfanforlife
Pirate

Post by ABfanforlife » 04-20-2006 07:27 PM

Hi everyone! I have never posted before but have really been intrigued by the threads about Art and his new bride so thought I would lend my most humble opinion.
I have also been a long time listener and Art is the best of the best. I too was shocked and admittedly could not get the turn of events out of my mind the rest of that night and into the next day.
The statements from everyone helped put my thoughts in order and I have come to the conclusion that it truly is his life to live and do what makes him happiest.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the age difference.The fact that he remarried so soon doesn't bother me in the least as I feel there really isn't any obligatory period of waiting...when someone is gone they are gone. Whether you grieve for a month or a year makes no difference.

Now, not that I put too much stock in someone's astrology sign but Art is a Gemini :) I have been married to a Gemini for 32 yrs. and also have a Gemini son. they are very intellectual people and so they tend to love with with brain more than with their heart.I don't mean they are cold but rather they are not emotionally invested with their heart as much as they are with their intellect. Gawd, I hope i am making some kind of sense lol. It has been my experience that they need a good listener for a partner and someone that will be able to have an indepth conversation. they LOVE to have a cup of coffee and talk for hours. They really are 2 personalities to learn about!

This is getting alot longer than I thought but just 1 more thing that took me back for a minute was when Art was talking about Airyn just graduating and being a teacher but that *he* officially retired her. Along with the *did you see her picture* over and over .It indeed was very strange and I kept thinking that he could "train her up in the way she should go".

anyhow, I do wish him all the best and now I'm ready to mind my own business
:)

Thanks for a great forum! I look forward to stopping in every day...

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-20-2006 07:39 PM

ABfanforlife, welcome to FF! :) That was an interesting first post. My mother was a Gemini and I'm trying to picture her in your words. I'll have to sleep on it. I hope you'll be posting often.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 04-20-2006 08:37 PM

ABfanforlife wrote: Now, not that I put too much stock in someone's astrology sign but Art is a Gemini :) I have been married to a Gemini for 32 yrs. and also have a Gemini son. they are very intellectual people and so they tend to love with with brain more than with their heart.I don't mean they are cold but rather they are not emotionally invested with their heart as much as they are with their intellect. Gawd, I hope i am making some kind of sense lol. It has been my experience that they need a good listener for a partner and someone that will be able to have an indepth conversation. they LOVE to have a cup of coffee and talk for hours. They really are 2 personalities to learn about!
I'm a gemini and I can personally vouch for this :D

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”