I'm in heaven!!

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

moonchild
Pirate

I'm in heaven!!

Post by moonchild » 04-19-2003 02:54 AM

I'm listening to Art and man does he sound good! This is great!

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 04-19-2003 03:04 AM

I hear ya moonchild! ... I'd rather listen to Art's past (archived) shows than listen to what Premrad has put in our Easter Baskets.

twisted_star
Pirate

Post by twisted_star » 04-19-2003 03:29 AM

i'm in heaven too!!!! Art is on C2C tonight!!!!!!!:p
twisted_star

DefX
Pirate

Post by DefX » 04-19-2003 04:04 AM

Yeah....sure is nice.
Listening to Art really drives home how bad George is -IMO.

No, I take that back. George is not bad, he is simply not the right guy to hoast coast full time. Weekends...great...but not m-f.

Art seemed nervous but after 5 minutes that faded.
This was a treat even if the topic wasn't one high on my interest list.

Man, I hope he comes back in some form. I miss him.

Bad Art is better than no Art and Art is rarely bad.

Tonight he delivered yet again.

The gift Art has is to keep me tuned in to a guest/topic that doesn't interest me.

Something George simply can not do.

Iris
Pirate

Blue Ribbon Winner!!!

Post by Iris » 04-19-2003 04:27 AM

It was awesome -- it shook -- it rocked -- it took no prisoners! Art is THE MASTER at digging for the best every guest has to give. I love that voice, I love that laugh, and I love that probing mind!

I loved Art saying that his back is better. Great news! :D

I loved his comments on the war. His words mirrored so many I've read (and written) on FF in the Politics and News areas, and were what I thought he'd be thinking. You go, Art!!! (Wonder what CC thought of that?)

DefX I agree -- listening to Art again made EVERY other radio show host pale dreadfully -- one couldn't help but notice that frequently.

Didn't we all have a whale of a party in the Radio Room? What a blast! Giant hugs to all who were there. :)

We should all write C2C/PremRad/Clear Channel and tell them that we want him back, and thank them for having him sub for George. May not help, but it sure can't hurt, eh?

"Never thought I'd be a special guest host. Hah!" - AB
Last edited by Iris on 04-19-2003 05:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-19-2003 05:26 AM

Here's what I was looking for...

artsparts
Pirate

Post by artsparts » 04-19-2003 07:40 AM

It was Great to hear the master last night. What a holiday gift from Premier.

alphacentaura
Pirate

Re: Blue Ribbon Winner!!!

Post by alphacentaura » 04-19-2003 07:50 AM

Iris wrote: It was awesome -- it shook -- it rocked -- it took no prisoners! Art is THE MASTER at digging for the best every guest has to give. I love that voice, I love that laugh, and I love that probing mind!

I loved Art saying that his back is better. Great news! :D

I loved his comments on the war. His words mirrored so many I've read (and written) on FF in the Politics and News areas, and were what I thought he'd be thinking. You go, Art!!! (Wonder what CC thought of that?)

DefX I agree -- listening to Art again made EVERY other radio show host pale dreadfully -- one couldn't help but notice that frequently.[/b]

.....sigh.....YES, YES, YES....it was a truly wonderful ride.

Iris, you said just about everything that I was going to say. Art is truly the Supreme Being of Talk Radio....there is no other...just proof in point that regardless of the guest or the topic at hand, it truly is the host, who drives the barometer from bad, to mediocre to excellent.

We should all write C2C/PremRad/Clear Channel and tell them that we want him back, and thank them for having him sub for George. May not help, but it sure can't hurt, eh?

Although I'd love to see Art back riding the night, I don't know if he'd want to get into bed with PremRat again on any regular basis. I'm hoping for a venue where Art has total control; one where he can do what he wants, the way he wants.
It would be a ride like no other we've ever seen, I'm sure.

"Never thought I'd be a special guest host. Hah!" - AB

Guess the 'filling in for Snoory' as 'special guest host' sat as well with him, as it did with all of us.....still leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Art, thanks to you from all of us for last night. Wonderful and careful selection of bumper music too.....hmmm.

Back to my archives I go, until the next time.

harwar
Pirate

Post by harwar » 04-19-2003 10:01 AM

I can't believe how fast that show blew by.Noorys' shows drag on like a tired dog on a sunday morning.I've been really trying to listen to George Noory but its just one ghost story after another it seems,so redundant.Listening to Art last night was like getting that first fresh cool air that comes with a cool front after its been very hot,humid & stifling for a long period of time.I listened to Art religiously for around 10 years and i'd almost forgotton what - A Master - he is on the air.It so depressing that hes' not on anymore. I don't think i can force myself to listen to George Noory any longer.Maybe i'll move to Nevada so that i can listen to Art & Ramonas' station.
"oh my soul,your voyages have been my native land"

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 04-19-2003 12:49 PM

You all said what I was thinking. I wasn't able to hear much of the show as I was ill, "sob" but, so VERY glad to hear that Art's back is well. I missed him sooooo much!

MAD
Pirate

Post by MAD » 04-19-2003 12:53 PM

He did'nt play Los Ketchup!
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Fraffy
Pirate

Post by Fraffy » 04-19-2003 05:36 PM

I miss Art so much.

I think it just drove it home ten thousand times more last night
hearing him on the radio.

ESPECIALLY hearing Art's voice and then suddenly there's George's voice blaring about "Ultimate Slim."

I had to turn it down.

Maybe George'll stay in St. Louis. PLEASE?!?!

It sure was luxury to hear Art again.

Mel

ArcSky
Pirate

Post by ArcSky » 04-21-2003 03:01 AM

Wow, I had just gotten home & turned on the radio at about 12:30 AM expecting GN to be yakking & I heard the guest, then I heard a very familiar "umm hmmm" in the background, & I just looked at my radio & when I heard Art start to speak I just grabbed my radio & screamed "ART BELL!!!!!" in the middle of the night! (Hee!) I had heard GN mention a few days earlier that he had some sort of surprise but I didn't want to get my hopes up. It was MAGICAL hearing Art again. I guess I missed a little over an hour of the show alltogether, but I did get to hear the replay of the first hour. I had been trying to force myself to get over him but now I miss Art all over again.

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 04-21-2003 07:52 AM

Just catching Art on "the link"...finally.

It's very clear who's the Master...thanks Art!

Burt Gummer
Pirate

Post by Burt Gummer » 04-21-2003 08:07 AM

Guess I'll have to go over the hill and talk him into more shows!

Oh *#*^ here comes another assblaster!...got to get to work!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”