George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Has George changed the format of C2C?

Yes, but slightly.
19%
No, the show is the same ole show.
4%
Are you kidding me? I don't even recognize it anymore.
77%

Total votes: 52

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-12-2006 09:08 PM

Hi Trinity -- have I, for one, welcomed you to the FF yet? Don't be discouraged by last week's full moon madness.

You express well what so many of us miss: fun, mysterious nights carried away to strange and exciting "places" via Art Bell's armchair theatre....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 08-12-2006 09:16 PM

Iris and Joanie..thank you so much! ;)

Now Ian tonight is bringing it all back, the real C2C. Hope George is listening..

Joe M
Pirate

Post by Joe M » 08-12-2006 11:47 PM

I haven't listened to george in years. I only listen to art on the weekend.

George Snoory and the new coast to coast are comparable to fecal matter.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-13-2006 10:54 AM

:D
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-13-2006 10:57 AM

Joe M wrote: I haven't listened to george in years. I only listen to art on the weekend.

Yep.:D

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 08-13-2006 03:11 PM

See my last Art Bell post.

:D

mjkstl
Pirate

Post by mjkstl » 08-13-2006 05:41 PM

I too no longer listen. I still try to stay as informed as I can, but, it is not just C2C that has changed. Rense.com seems to have changed as well. The only sites I still visit for information are this one and unknowncountry.

I also do watch scifi for the wrestling. I know I am in the minority, but, I love wrestling. Yes, I know it is fake.
I'm just doing my Rock n Roll Duty.....Creating a buzz, buzz, buzz

jamesTkirk
Pirate

Post by jamesTkirk » 08-13-2006 10:21 PM

aahhhh c'mon guys!

it'a all gloom and doom for C2C! I know it's not as good as it was but lets face it, all good things must end.

and ya'know, there are sometimes some good shows with George, take Thursday the 10th with Walid Shoebat. I know, I know, it's not a paranormal subject, but it was a great insight into the middle east conflict of late.

The continual negativity about the show will get us nowhere. Just deal with it, Art is semi-retired with a 20 something wife!!!

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 08-13-2006 11:58 PM

jamesTkirk wrote: aahhhh c'mon guys!

it'a all gloom and doom for C2C! I know it's not as good as it was but lets face it, all good things must end.

and ya'know, there are sometimes some good shows with George, take Thursday the 10th with Walid Shoebat. I know, I know, it's not a paranormal subject, but it was a great insight into the middle east conflict of late.

The continual negativity about the show will get us nowhere. Just deal with it, Art is semi-retired with a 20 something wife!!!

Well that is a 'glass half full' view..;)

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 08-14-2006 12:16 AM

jamesTkirk wrote: and ya'know, there are sometimes some good shows with George, take Thursday the 10th with Walid Shoebat. I know, I know, it's not a paranormal subject, but it was a great insight into the middle east conflict of late.

Dammit Jim! (:p sorry, I couldn't resist... :) ) - change in format or not, the quality of the interviews has taken a significant plunge, as many here have noted. If George Noory isn't extremely interested in a guest & their topic, we're on our own.

That said, you are right! that Shoebat show was great! I was mesmerized. But - it was obvious you could just wind Shoebat up and let him go, he's so well educated and well spoken - I mean, Jeeze!! He used colloquialisms and American turns of phrase more appropriately than Mr. Noory does half of the time.

But! But, but, but!! In defense of George Noory, the middle east topics are his forte, and the shows he does on them are invariably superior to those on the usual Coast fare. His questions are more thoughtful and go further in depth, and I have learned a bunch from them.

Whether I wanted to or not.

A sincere thank you to George Noory for helping to educate me in that regard. One of Art Bell's instructions to you was "to be yourself", and that is obviously a big part of who you are, so in that regard, it appears this is your time to shine.

jamesTkirk
Pirate

Post by jamesTkirk » 08-14-2006 01:05 PM

Dammit Jim! ( sorry, I couldn't resist... )

BONES!... Are you a doctor or a media analyst!?

he he he, great points Dixie, i agree with the middle east being George's forte. and yes, there is a marked difference in the interviewing style between he and Art. but man, even George is posting to defend himself with all of the grumbling around here.

i think with all of the negative news we are surrounded with these days, i guess i've just been getting all jammed-up while reading the weekday-c2c-bashing postings. i'll calm down and hit the funny pipe :) :)

i look forward to your interview with George!

jimbo

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 08-14-2006 06:21 PM

Joe M wrote: I haven't listened to george in years. I only listen to art on the weekend.

Hehehe:D , if you haven't listened how can you suggest that?

Clatu

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 08-19-2006 08:15 PM

I am hesitant to reopen this discussion but I have to. If George does not stop with his inane open lines on Friday's he is going to continue to drive us nuts. Why, why does he continue to do this? I did not know what to do last night. I could not believe his question was "convince me". Well, here I am convincing you..I like you George, heck I don't know you to say I do not like you. I do think your heart is in the right place. However, my frustration level at the lack of guests, quality and yes, I will say seriousness that you are bringing to the show is high.

Forgive me again pirates, but I needed to say that. You may now 'turn off the mike'. :rolleyes:

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 08-19-2006 09:03 PM

Open lines with George on Friday nights is inane....or insane. Friday and Satruday are nights when many people can stay up late and listen to C2C. What a waste for George to devote Friday nights to open lines, which he is horrible at hosting, when this time slot should be used for the absolute best guest possible. The "convince me" thing was a complete waste of time. It's hard enough to tell when George is being serious or just pulling our chains. I get the feeling he and Tommy get together 2 minutes before the show starts and come up with some of this stuff.

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 08-19-2006 09:16 PM

George Noory has a cool show I feel. Thoughtful, Courteous and a Brilliant Host of Coast to Coast AM.

Oh, there are times when he's being mis-heard, but generally to with people trying to find the negative and missing the show:)

Clatu

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”