Recording Streaming: What's the latest info on products?

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Panache
Pirate

Recording Streaming: What's the latest info on products?

Post by Panache » 11-27-2006 10:39 PM

I just perused the threads about recording from the air, usually via computer. MusicMatchbox and TotalRecorder got the most mention though other options exist as well, and either of these have their drawbacks too.

What software do you use and how satisfied are you with it?

Have you explored any other options than what seems to satisfy you now, in search of even better quality?

Here's the latest link from download.com, sorted by CNet rating:

http://www.download.com/sort/3150-2168_4-0-1-6.html?
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

SetiCruncher
Pirate

Post by SetiCruncher » 11-27-2006 11:22 PM

Total recorder is one of the best I've ever used.

About a year or so ago I had a Hard Drive blow out and I lost over 2 GB's of recorded Coast-to-Coast shows. Once all the bugs had been worked out and all was good again my total recorder had taken a hit and has never worked since (despite repeated installs :confused: )

So now I use a great little Audio Recorder / Editor called Audacity. Awesome little freeware program, that works great for recording any thing :)

I've tried a few other recording programs but so far the above two are the only ones that have worked well for me.

So my recommendation: Total Recorder or Audacity :)
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-27-2006 11:37 PM

Love my total recorder, I know I can download Arts shows as I am a streamlink member but prefer to record the whole show overnight so I get the bumper music and no cut outs.

I use Format: MPEG Layer -3
Attribute 24 kBit/s 24 HZ Mono

Thiese settings are great for radio audio opposed to music.

Alien-BC
Pirate

Post by Alien-BC » 12-03-2006 05:25 PM

Thanks for the Link Panache I found last night 2 December I could not use Total recorder It don’t like the sound card on my new laptop. So was not able to record Arts show.

I will try some of the new ones out when i have time again thanks Pirate:cool:

Return to “FF IT Tech”