UFO Over O'Hare Airport?

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-02-2007 09:29 PM

Barbie wrote: Local Channel 9 News at Noon carried this story today, as well. And even they couldn't read it without a few rolled eyes and under-the-breath chuckles.

Know what you mean Barbie, it goes with the territory, but I do have to say that the local Fox station here has run stories in the past minus the :rolleyes:

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 01-02-2007 10:44 PM

this is as good as any to put this post. i was listening to the roe conn show on wls radio in chicago today and they were doing a number on the ohare airport ufo story. something they do all the time on such stories. one thing that struck me right away is that i have been listening to roe conn for the past 20 years and he use to be very open to stories such as this was back when but now that he's making millions he's done a complete 180 on his objectivity. i suppose he knows which side his bread is buttered on.

andy

lunacat
Pirate

Post by lunacat » 01-03-2007 03:02 AM

Barbie wrote: Local Channel 9 News at Noon carried this story today, as well. And even they couldn't read it without a few rolled eyes and under-the-breath chuckles.

I just saw the story on Ch.9 tonight. They just had to pick a rambling stoner dude as one of the 'believers'...throwing in that "oh yeah this is like what I hallucinate" and something about plans to go to Arizona for some reason...

Couldn't they find a single person to say "Well if they were airline employees, they probably wouldn't make a big deal out of it if it was just weather phenomena."
Just someone with a rational statement and an open mind? Is it that difficult to find one person like that?

[Dont get me wrong, stoner dude was funny as hell, and was probably even sober, but geez....time and place, y'know?]

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 01-03-2007 04:12 AM

It's got to be DELIBERATE ... they seem to always go to the most non-credible appearing person to pose a UFO question. It's really aggravating.

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 01-03-2007 04:07 PM

That's how the DARPA game is played during field testing ... you have to do that.

It took me almost 10 years to validate the huge red laser light
being shot over Alaskan skies was done as a test out of Ft. Greely
It cost me dearly and almost cost my girlfriend her job and retirement from the Army.

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 01-03-2007 04:13 PM

I forgot to mention ...

How can DARPA keep a straight face when field testing top secret
projects in full view of the public? There isn't any rational logic for the mis-information they spin when seeing objects appear in the sky.

KDianeC
Pirate

Post by KDianeC » 01-05-2007 08:26 PM

Barbie wrote: Something that always aggravates me is, when reporters are dispatched to cover any UFO-related material - a speaker, a congress, a gathering of like-minded people who are serious about their research - the commentators seem to direct their camera crews to the Dealers' Room (where books, DVDs, photos, amusing T-shirts and fun-trinket-ufo toys and jewelry is sold) to get close-ups of the non-serious side of the issues, so the commentators can turn the interviews/coverage slant into a tongue-in-cheek piece of fluff.

They ferret out the least-sane appearing and sounding person - usually a dealer who usually claims to be psychic, and who is more than willing to bring into the interview their personal (and often outrageous) beliefs - ones which do NOT reflect the mainstream staples of Ufology.

Then, when the segment is edited for broadcast, what the viewers see are radical people, selling funny merchandise, making broad, rediculous statements. Think about it ... when have YOU ever seen a newsroom reporter do a serious three-minute segment about Ufology?

I have to believe that the station managers say, "Go cover this UFO thing, and bring us back some stuff to laugh about." And so, rather than look at our movement from a serious point of view, they follow like good drones and make us all look heretical.

I think we should educate the people who frequent our gatherings to not go on and on about fairies who live aboard small saucers, and their personal messages from the ETs about God, etc. They should not be prevented from speaking when asked, but should realize that their personal perceptions should be curtailed in light of the larger, more important issues. That way we don't all come out looking like crack-pots, and the movement gains some credibility.

ALthough I mainly agree that there were no reporters doing any kind of *sane* interviews, you should have watched the Dan Akroyd DVD. Named Dan Akroyd: Unplugged on UFO's.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-23-2007 11:08 AM

UFO OVER O'HARE - UPDATE

A few photos of the intruder would be interesting, now wouldn't they? Not that they would make any difference in the way we continue to ignore their presence, huh?

"Of interest is that United Airlines, who at first back peddled and said they’d received no reports of the incident at all, now appears to be back peddling on their back peddling and there is talk now that the pilots of a plane that was on the ground at the time may not only have poked their heads out the window for a look, but that one of them had a digital camera and snapped some pictures of the object."

http://www.ufomystic.com/the-redfern-fi ... re-update/

"Unedited Chicago Tribune News video"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... Hare&hl=en

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-23-2007 11:31 AM

Shirleypal -- good find.

Photo typical of those seen so many times and places....

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-23-2007 11:45 AM

I agree, good find Shirley....

I was searching YouTube for other O'Hare videos and found this one that was taken on January 10, 2007. Strange lights over O'Hare....

"this video was captured with a sony handycam dcr sr-100 internal hard drive cam Carl Zeiss T-sonar A friend and I saw something strange hovering over Chicago's Ohare airport on Wednesday Jan 10 seperate from the daytime sighting Nov 7th please... You tell me what this is?? our position was 41'53'20,37N 88'02'16,47W go to google earth and plug them in ... (more) (less)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogIfcDzTmhE

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-25-2007 12:26 AM

Shirleypal wrote: UFO OVER O'HARE - UPDATE

A few photos of the intruder would be interesting, now wouldn't they? Not that they would make any difference in the way we continue to ignore their presence, huh?

"Of interest is that United Airlines, who at first back peddled and said they’d received no reports of the incident at all, now appears to be back peddling on their back peddling and there is talk now that the pilots of a plane that was on the ground at the time may not only have poked their heads out the window for a look, but that one of them had a digital camera and snapped some pictures of the object."

http://www.ufomystic.com/the-redfern-fi ... re-update/

"Unedited Chicago Tribune News video"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... Hare&hl=en
Thanks Shirley !! Awesome video

SETIsLady
Pirate

Government fails to look into O’Hare UFO

Post by SETIsLady » 01-25-2007 12:27 AM

Publication Date: 01/23/07

Earth was visited by aliens in November. Or at least it's possible. Many employees of O'Hare Airport in Chicago have come forward and described a round gray object hovering just below cloud level around 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 7. But since then, there has not been a single probe by the FAA or the government.

It is understandable that every alien spacecraft sighting is not investigated. Simply poking around the Internet for 10 seconds looking for information on UFOs will reveal an astonishing amount of sightings. But there is something different about the O'Hare case. In this instance, many employees and a few pilots have come forward and presented United Airlines (where most of the employees worked) and the FAA with accounts of an object hovering over Terminal C. Six of these individuals have spoken with the media under the condition of anonymity. These individuals, although viewing the aircraft from different vantage points, all describe roughly the same account of the visit, including the object suddenly bursting through the cloud cover and leaving a hole behind.

Both the amount of witnesses and their credibility is extremely high. That is what sets the O'Hare sighting apart from most other sightings. These employees are well-trained mechanics, managers and pilots whose main motivation for reporting the sighting was the safety of airline passengers. But even after such a large amount of people risked their livelihoods and reputations to report a UFO, nobody has taken them seriously.

United refuses to acknowledge that any incident ever occurred, saying there is no record of the event. The FAA has chosen not to investigate, chalking everything up to a weather phenomenon. Why?

By ignoring the statements of a multitude of incredible witnesses, the organizations hope the issue will just go away. It probably will. But this is not a viable course of action. There should be an investigation about the sighting, if for no other reason than the fact that objects flying over restricted airspace could cause accidents killing hundreds of people. Maybe it wasn't a UFO, but the public deserves to know their plane isn't going to be blindsided upon runway approach by a weather balloon. And maybe, during the investigation, we find out what visited O'Hare. The truth is out there.

http://www.purdueexponent.org/index.php ... ry_id=3746

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-25-2007 12:32 AM

This kind of goes with this topic so I am going to add it here. Hope you don't mind RH :)

Pilots, UFOs and Job Discrimination-We need to defend our Pilots who Report UFO's against Harassment by their Employers!

Has it been standard policy for major airlines to discourage their pilots from reporting a UFO sighting and/or going public by implying to them, in some way, that their jobs and pensions could be in jeopardy by them doing so? This is probably not something that the airlines would admit to, but we have all heard of such intimidations and fear factors to quiet employees from coming forth with their reports. We can only speculate that they practice such procedures in order to not scare away perspective customers from using their airline service so they can remain competitive. They may also not want to be perceived by the public or their rivals as the joke airline, which employs mentally unstable pilots who are prone to seeing little green men. We also don't know just how much this practice is influenced by governments who want to maintain cover-ups in order to keep the general populace ignorant to the truth of the existence of UFOs.

Are any of the larger national UFO groups, such as MUFON, affiliated with attorneys that will work pro bono? This is a very important question to be answered and needs to be brought to serious consideration.

Is it possible to encourage pilots and other airline employees to publicly come forward with their sighting reports if one or more of these national UFO groups would back them in the courts with one or a team of attorneys that are willing to work pro bono? I believe this to be possible and very plausible. We have now reached a point of having enough universal forces and power in ufology to pull together and fight such threats against these employers. There must be many attorneys who have had sightings and/or encounters of their own and are very open to what is going on within ufology and many who are already MUFON members who would love to be able sink their teeth into a bureaucratic government bully.

If this can be done, then it is possible to reverse the FAA policy of discrimination on such practices, which would then start freeing up pilot testimonies, so that pilots will start coming forward with sighting reports. Assembling a team of attorneys that will go after cases with the appetite of veracious tigers and bring legal action to the forefront and the attention of the international press may just be the catalyst that we need. By bringing enough attention to the public through the media that is being focused directly onto the airlines, this may be enough to cause them international embarrassment. It would also focus attention on them, which they would prefer not to be made public. It then just may be possible to bring disclosure a step closer to reality by opening up a new wealth of very credible witnesses. This would make it harder for the governments to continue to discredit pilots sighting reports and to continue with their denial of the truth.

Many will have their doubts that we can rely on the mass media for honest and unbiased reporting. However I believe we can start changing the medias views through the pressure from public opinions and educating the press with the overwhelming data that is available. Sure it has been a tough job in doing so, but worldwide acceptance of ufology, and its need to hear more balanced reporting, and the undeniable mountains of data will be the catalyst to sway the press.

The O'Hare airport story that broke a short time back may be a breaking point of the major press starting to open up once again and provide fair press coverage into this phenomenon that they have chuckled at and belittled for far to long. By the UFO groups backing legal action against employers that would threaten their employees job security and bringing legal actions to the attention of someone in the press like Jon Hilkevitch, the Chicago Tribune's transportation reporter who covered and broke the O'Hare story, then it is possible to have the news coverage spread internationally, like what occurred with the O'Hare story. It is only then that the world's attention will be forced into taking such cases seriously, which would unleash a barrage of embarrassment directed at the FAA and any major airline that tried to discredit an employee with threats of possible job and security loss.

It is my belief that the new world acceptance into the belief that we are not alone, for their growing mistrust for governments and their need to know the truth will garner enough support, financially and morally, to wager legal counter attacks against such bureaucratic bullies that have used their power in the past to quiet any reputable witnesses from coming forward. However this has been handled in the past, it now must include the world media to bring attention and embarrassments to these bullies who have so ruthlessly controlled us with their intimidations. We, as Ufologist, are very capable of being a reckoning force by pulling together as one union to fight these shameful discrimination attacks if we can only bring the media to our side. I think this is a plausible goal we can set for ourselves. Let us start focusing on educating the media with the available data, so we can bring their views into the proper perspective of the truth. There is more then enough data available, it is just presenting it to right people in the media and getting them to digest it in order to start turning the tide that will open the floodgates in our favor. This and of itself is enough power to bring the world together to be able to demand more cooperation from our governments to stop harassments and threats against their employees. The more of these very credible witnesses that are able to come forward, then the more the press will take notice, which in turn will encourage more witnesses to come forward until there is a non-stoppable force flow that no governments will then be able to control. We are a growing force in ufology that is capable, by coming together as one powerful group, to defend all who want to speak out openly and report on their experience so that the world will now start coming to grips with the reality we live in and to just what that reality is.

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0107/pilots.html

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-25-2007 01:17 AM

SETIsLady wrote: This kind of goes with this topic so I am going to add it here. Hope you don't mind RH :)

Excellent post, SETIsLady. :)
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 01-25-2007 01:31 AM

This story gets more intriguing by the day :D

Return to “UFO”