Shirleypal
Pirate

Conscious

Post by Shirleypal » 05-14-2003 11:05 PM

Isn't is great, I go to sleep everynight now listening to Art, what a kick,

toto
Pirate

Post by toto » 05-15-2003 05:56 AM

I will have to say I get more sleep since GN is on now. I agree that the guest list has deteriated alot. I would love to see Art come back but if that is not meant to be Ian Punnett would be my next choice.
As far as Art being a nice guy. He is human probably like all of us he has a good and bad side. George is porbably an ik guy to I just do not liek listiening to him. I did not think he was bad when he first started filling in but night after night I can not tolerate him.

OH_Niteowl
Pirate

GN is not good enough to make a bad guest at least tolorable

Post by OH_Niteowl » 05-16-2003 10:01 AM

Originally posted by DefX
lGN is not good enough to make a bad guest at least tolorable.
Art, last time he was on had an ok guest w/ a so-so topic and I listened to every second.

Wow! You're reading my mind!
I couldn't have said it better! George is hard to listen to. He's got too much "Mr. Rogers" in him for me to tolerate. I use my Versacorder to tape the show. I loose NO sleep for George. I don't even tape the first hour anymore...Makes for a more enjoyable program! I certainly don't get too upset if I miss a show anymore.

I wonder if Art listens to the show? I wonder if he cringes as much as we do? I sure hope George "gets it" soon.

Post by Guest » 05-16-2003 01:22 PM

George=Mr. Rogers is very true. Have you noticed that whenever a guest starts to drift into any sexual-related topic (like last night) George gets all nervous and tells him "let's not go there" or "I'm not comfortable with this, lets change to the topic to UFOs"

George has mentioned many times to callers that this is a FAMILY show! Like he thinks its a G-rated show only yet its on up to 2AM in the morning!

alphacentaura
Pirate

Re: GN is not good enough to make a bad guest at least tolor

Post by alphacentaura » 05-16-2003 03:46 PM

OH_Niteowl wrote: Wow! You're reading my mind!
I couldn't have said it better! George is hard to listen to. He's got too much "Mr. Rogers" in him for me to tolerate. I use my Versacorder to tape the show. I loose NO sleep for George. I don't even tape the first hour anymore...Makes for a more enjoyable program! I certainly don't get too upset if I miss a show anymore.

I wonder if Art listens to the show? I wonder if he cringes as much as we do? I sure hope George "gets it" soon.
I'm sure that Art does pause in from time to time.

I'm also quite certain, that often he is extremely glad he left his venue when he did, as, I'm sure he realized that the majority of the people out there, sadly, would not be capable of perceiving the difference in presentation, interrogation, relation both to the guest, subject matter and most importanly, the audience.....all the Snooryites out there, 'bravely' attesting to the virtues of George and the now Coast, are proof in point.

I'm sure that he cringes often, at what has become of his creation, while at the same time, having a good laugh...one that we know and love well, about the screened and adoring sheeple that now stand in the place of an open, intelligent, diverse forum, in addition to any insightfull probing dialogue or rather let me say the lack of, between the now host, caller and guest.

In all fairness, I think many of us did hope that George " gets it soon". Many gave him the time to grow and settle...show his stuff and boy, he has, many times with feeling.

We mourned Art's temporary hiatus appropiately, albeit with severe emotion and loss, however, may of us have been there before and are true advocates not only for Art, but for the genre and quality he created.

We have seen 'fill in' hosts, who have ridden the waves and even found certain comfort and conditioning in accepting someone other that Art to keep his vision afloat: Ian is a perfect example of this in my mind...not Art, but a credible, likeable, intelligent, well spoken, quick on his feet and best yet " GOT IT" kind of guy, beyond and over his very well understood & pubically delared personal view/belief/value system.

Sadly, George doesn't have it, he will never get it, and if he had, or showed any potentinal in getting there, we wouldn't be discussing this would we?

IMM, George's largest faux pas is the transparent image of what he thinks he is trying to project with success and the person that he truly is. Plastic sentiment, plastic ideas, plastic thoughts with pretend depth can only carry one so far.

Coast to Coast has now become a "Ghost to Ghost" to it's former self and legacy.
Last edited by alphacentaura on 05-16-2003 04:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 05-16-2003 04:45 PM

Ah come on guys, you're all too hard on George. He's doing a remarkable job, tackling guests that Art won't even consider having on C2C. After all, George has the right to conduct his show in a the manner and setting that he's comfortable with when broadcasting live.

How many you have your own radio show/programs? Seems to me his done far more on the air than I.

all you have to do is turn off your radio if you don't approve of the topic or style of delivery.
Last edited by Laird on 05-16-2003 05:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-16-2003 05:04 PM

George is never going to get it. His future at Coast is doomed just lijke Seigal. I think it is funny that he keeps mentioning his contract which doesn't mean anything. He just doesn't have the intelligence to pull this off and is too much into himself. I can just about imagine what his guests must be thinking when they come on the show to tell their stories and can't with Snoory interupting all the time and asking stupid off topic questions and not allowing anyone to get their point accross. I tried to listen the other night when the Crystal Children show was on and when he asked where these children come from, and said are they dropped off that was enough for me. What does he think, they are found in a field and someone picks them up and adopts them. You can tell he didn't do his homework as usual, maybe I will try listening again in a couple of months, that is if he is still there or maybe not.
Looking forward to Art's return and hope it is real soon.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-16-2003 07:26 PM

Laird wrote: Ah come on guys, you're all too hard on George. He's doing a remarkable job

Right you are, Laird!
racehorse

Paradisio
Pirate

Post by Paradisio » 05-16-2003 08:16 PM

racehorse wrote: Right you are, Laird!

Is there some rational criteria to base this on? It seems ratings and listener support would be a good place to start. I bought many things from Art Bell's sponsors, I have yet to buy one thing from GN's sponsors.

Something to think about ;)

TheBlackHand
Pirate

Post by TheBlackHand » 05-16-2003 09:02 PM

"He's doing a remarkable job..."

Yes, remarkably bad. Take the "Nooryisms" thread for example...or this one...or countless others that have gone by the wayside. So far it seems the negative remarks far outweigh the postive, not counting the prompted (goaded?), screened, suck-ups who actually make it past the velvet rope.

"...tackling guests that Art won't even consider having on C2C."

Such as?

Perhaps Art had the good sense not to consider a few of these duds. Then again, he did consider Noory. Or did he?

Either way, Art possessed senses good enough to interview a rock and make it sound interesting. Noory possesses the senses of a rock.

"How many you have your own radio show/programs?"

What difference does that make? Magic Johnson had a talk show too. Most of us have been listening to talk shows long enough to know the difference between a good one, a bad one, and one so bad its good. Sadly, C2C is starting to resemble the latter. A parody of itself.

"all you have to do is turn off your radio if you don't approve of the topic or style of delivery"

Click.

Racehorse, I think your batteries need changing.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-16-2003 09:24 PM

TheBlackHand wrote:

Racehorse, I think your batteries need changing.

Yes, I know Blackhand; but so do yours and several others!:D
racehorse

TheBlackHand
Pirate

Post by TheBlackHand » 05-16-2003 09:41 PM

Touche'!

I see what you mean. No point in beating a dead horse, or a dying talk show. Though, you are to be commended on the steadfast effort to resuscitate.

You're shaking George's leg and shouting like he's Resusci Annie.

A lifeless, plastic mannequin.

I'm out.
Last edited by TheBlackHand on 05-16-2003 09:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 05-16-2003 10:09 PM

If my memory hasn't gone too far south ... David Icke was one such person Art refused to have on the air. There where others towards the end of his LONG rein of K-9 SHIP. You have to understand his reasoning .... he was being bombarded with strange visitations from alien rogues knocking on his door. They didn't approve of his guest line up and he didn't approve of them bugging the satellite relays.

That pretty well sums it up.
:D

Post by Guest » 05-16-2003 10:28 PM

Art had David Icke on once and never again. Time will see if George ever has him on more than once either. At this point they are even!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-16-2003 10:37 PM

BadBoy wrote: Art had David Icke on once and never again. Time will see if George ever has him on more than once either. At this point they are even!
Once is enough!
racehorse

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”