Pirate

Post by Waverider » 03-11-2007 10:46 PM

Scary... It is.
Div'...

Yep'

Aikanto
Pirate

Post by Aikanto » 03-12-2007 12:10 AM

Divinorumus wrote: It seems there's a limited amount of time allowed for you to take back your words, but after that they are committed forever and ever ... .. and ever and ever ... to be held against you, or in support of you, forever and ever, so long as you live ... That's why one should be careful about what they say today because tomorrow might make what you said sound like something else instead. Time has that effect on words, ideas too.

Thats really Tao of you. I took a course in Tao once. I had to write the Chinese alphabet with ink and brush over and over again while the Tao priest would ask questions.After 3 months 3 nights a week, the Priest said the lesson was about acceptance

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-09-2007 08:52 PM

Worth reading again.

================
Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
Female customer: A white one...
===============
Customer: Hi, this is Celine. I can't get my diskette out.
Tech support: Have you tried pushing the Button?
Customer: Yes, sure, it's really stuck.
Tech support: That doesn't sound good; I'll make a note.
Customer: No , wait a minute... I hadn't inserted it yet... it's still on my desk... Sorry....
===============
Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?
===============
Tech support: Good day. How may I help you?
Male customer: Hello... I can't print.
Tech support: Would you click on "start" for me and...
Customer: Listen pal...don't start getting technical on me! I'm not Bill Gates.
===============
Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'Can't find printer'. I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it...
===============
Customer: I have problems printing in red...
Tech support: Do you have a color printer?
Customer: Aaaah....................thank you.
===============
Tech support: What's on your monitor now, ma'am?
Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me at the 7-11 store.
===============
Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer: No.. I can't get behind the computer.
Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Customer:! OK
Tech support: Did the keyboard come with you?
Customer: Yes
Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in. Is there another keyboard?
Customer: Yes, there's another one here. Ah...that one does work..
===============
Tech support: Your password is the small letter "a" as in apple,

a capital letter V as in Victor, the number 7.
Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?
===============
Customer: I can't get on the Internet.
Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five stars.
===============
Tech support: What anti-virus program do you use?
Customer: Netscape.
Tech support: That's not an anti-virus program.
Customer: Oh, sorry...Internet Explorer.
===============
Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, but

every time I move the mouse, it disappears.
===============
Tech support: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.
Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the circle around it?
===============
A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer.
Tech support: Are you running it under windows?
Customer: "No, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his printer is working fine."
===============
And last but not least...
Tech support: "Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."
Customer: I don't have a P.
Tech support: On your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: What do you mean?
Tech support: "P".....on your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT! .

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 04-09-2007 09:16 PM

Long ago, when them computer thangs first came out, and my father had bought one for the office, and this being maybe his 12th call one day about the thing ...

"It said in the book to make a back-up copy of our program diskette, and so we figure out how to do that using DISKCOPY, and it started out okay by asking us to insert the SOURCE diskette first, and we did so, and it appears to have read the data from that disk, and now it is telling us to remove the SOURCE diskette and insert the TARGET diskette next .. and well, frankly, we would like to know, is it okay to use WAL-MART diskettes instead? I mean, come on, they look the same as the diskettes they probably sell at TARGET, so how can this thing tell? Do you think it safe to try, or should I send one of the girls over to TARGET to buy some of the right kind of diskettes?"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-09-2007 09:34 PM

Cute Div.:D

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-28-2007 03:26 PM

Wi-fi laptop fears for children
Computers with wireless internet should not be placed on children's laps, says the head of the government's committee on mobile phone safety research.
Professor Lawrie Challis told the Daily Telegraph children using wi-fi networks should be monitored until research into potential health risks is completed.

He says children should keep a safe distance from the embedded antennas.

The Health Protection Agency has said wi-fi devices are of very low power - much lower than mobile phones.

Prof Challis, retired professor of physics at the University of Nottingham, said: "With a desktop computer, the transmitter will be in the tower.

"This might be perhaps 20cms from your leg and the exposure would then be around one per cent of that from a mobile phone.

"However, if you put a laptop straight on your lap and are using wi-fi, you could be around two centimetres from the transmitter, and receiving comparable exposure to that from a mobile phone."

'Bigger problem'

Prof Challis added that children are much more sensitive than adults to dangers such as pollutants like lead and UV radiation.

"So if there should be a problem with mobiles, then it may be a bigger problem for children.

"Since we advise that children should be discouraged from using mobile phones, we should also discourage children from placing their laptop on their lap when they are using wi-fi.

Meanwhile, teachers have called for an investigation into whether there are any health risks from wireless computer networks in schools.

The Professional Association of Teachers union is writing to the education secretary for a clarification on wi-fi safety.

Many primary and secondary schools use wi-fi networks - but the PAT believes there is insufficient long-term evidence to demonstrate whether such networks are safe.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/h ... 602561.stm

Published: 2007/04/28 07:32:17 GMT

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 04-28-2007 07:36 PM

Wi-fi laptop fears for children
Wait, it gets worse yet. Have you heard of Cingular's BroadbandConnect Network yet? It provides connections between 400-700 Kbps with bursts up to more than a mega-bit per second wirelessly for around $60 a month for unlimited use. What this means is soon we'll be surrounded by high-speed broad-spectrum laptops and PDA devices, all cooking our brains like a microwave ovens.

Even my new hand-held pen/tablet PC is WLAN ready, all I need to do would be to subscribe to the service and pop a SIM card into the already existing slot. Of course the really scary thing about this is this: this is already a built-incapability which is a lot like what OnStar is to your car.

In other words, I'm guessing some covert organization could track and get into these new feature equipped devices and know every thing they might want to know about you, especially with a microphone and a front camera for web conferencing and a back camera for photographing scenes built into the thing to.

Wow, seriously, if you don't know how to disable these things, your WLAN ready notebook or PDA device could be spying on you right now and sending live streaming video and audio of you to some flunky working for big brother. This Stuff really is a lot like OnStar, because there is a service I can sign up for with this thing too so that if it is ever stolen, it can report back home to the trackers and even try to tell them where it might be, even if you don't have the GPS option attached (because G3 can be triangulated too, thus giving away it's location).

Of course knowing these things can be used in your favor too, if you suspect anyone is spying on you. (disinfo is an effective tool too - ha)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-28-2007 07:49 PM

Div a friend of mine just bought the Cingular phone with internet you just mentioned, he is one paranoid dude, wait until I send this info to him, maybe I shouldn't since he signed a contract for I don't know how long, have to think on it.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 04-28-2007 08:24 PM

Thing is, this stuff is kind of cool. I've been thinking of signing up myself. I like the idea of having high speed wireless access on a hand held Windows Vista business pen/tablet PC while roaming around town. I can be sitting out in a nice park, snap a few photos or capture a few minutes of video and send it anywhere, or teleconference from the same location, at speeds that can be twice as fast as dial-up, or up to broadbandspeeds, which is completely acceptable, particularly if it really works, and cost only around $60 a month. As far as anyone tracking and snooping on me, well, I already realize privacy is already an illusion. If someone finds their jollies in spying on me, well, good for them, I'm glad to have been there for them then during their time of need. ;) http://www.cingular.com/sbusiness/network
Last edited by Divinorumus on 04-28-2007 08:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 06-06-2007 07:05 PM

I needed a new computer so I figured out the cheapest way is just buy the cumputer part, tower. I have the rest new. so I bought one for 300.00. the man builds them at a computer shop been there before nice guy, la, la la......

Now I get it home runs great, a little slow, got lot of memory....la,la,la,la.....

but it won't download anything.....earth google it laugh at. , something to do with my graphic card redaon 7000 not not updated.. go to updated and it's outdated. wasn't last year.

yahoo widget say no no no....you need soft ware in stalled first...go to software its said

There was a problem either downloading or launching the installer. Please download manually or try again later.
The installer has closed. Please see below for your next steps.

I try but it just keeps saying it.

my tiger woods game won't even go on.
several games won't.

I took it back and he checked it out and said everything is OK
went to PCPITSTOP thye check it said everything is ok.

had my drivers check.
BAD
redeon 7000
via bus master idemotorola sm56speaker phone
plug and play moniter
realtex rt8139 family pci fast
via ac97 enhance audio center
via revsal ubs Va host

So I goand check these with my computer super checker direct Diagnostic tool and it says everything is just great......

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
so now what?
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 08-01-2007 11:35 AM

I am wondering if I would be able to get anyone's opinion on a problem with my Versa Corder?
I haven't used it in months and I just noticed that the record light was flashing, so I approached the machine to examine it up close and saw that there was white crystalized stuff under the machine. When I turned the machine over I saw that the battery section lid had the white crystalized stuff all the way around it, like it had been seeping something out.
My guess is that the batteries leaked and it is battery acid???
And I'm thinking I should throw the Versa Corder in the trash.
I attempted to push the battery section lid open, but couldn't get it to budge.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-01-2007 02:46 PM

Hard to say if the battery leak damaged your versa corder permanently or not, there are products you can get to try and clean it, do not touch it without heavy rubber gloves, I would call CCrane and see what they say or recommend. If it is that bad I would throw it out. (800) 522-8863

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 03-25-2008 04:31 PM

Hope you can help me. I would like to change my e-mail address from ____TO _____ ( changing servers soon) I also have a question on e-mail. when I try to e-mail. Contact administrator comes up. When you have time. Please advise me on this.
All hear few listen

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-25-2008 04:33 PM

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 03-25-2008 04:37 PM

SP again in print I fail. I already have that e-mail account. My question is, how do I change it in this forum? can you e-mail me please?
Last edited by badspell on 03-25-2008 04:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.
All hear few listen

Return to “FF IT Tech”