Did anyone else see this on the other forum?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

gpshealy
Pirate

Did anyone else see this on the other forum?

Post by gpshealy » 04-11-2007 09:26 PM

I ran across this on a C2C streamlink messageboard. Basically Children International gives 75 dollars per person that sponsers a child through any given website button. It begs the question of whether GN is getting a kickback by putting the web button for sponsering children on his website.

I want to doubt it, just because it seems too Bush League. I mean seventy-five dollars seems like it would be a bit small time for Premiere radio, doesn't it? Even if he were taking money for it wouldnt he give it to another cause? I mean if it costs $22 per month and he takes $75, then that is 3.5 months that someone is paying of which none of it goes anywhere except to GN or the webmaster or whoever!! On the other hand several of the people have said they sent GN an email and got absolutely nothing in return, and he didn't post a clarification in that forum which you would assume would be monitored by someone in the program. It also seems a bit suspicious that while GN is pimping this non-stop, Art Bell has been pretty quiet on the topic. Maybe he knows what is up.

I will withhold judgement, but if anyone is going to donate to the program, you might not want to do it through his website.

BTW -- I have absolutely nothing against this charity and have sponsered children (though not through the C2C website). It's just that I obviously don't care if he advertises, it's radio's primary objective, but for goodness sakes at least be honest about what is happening rather than act like you are doing it just out of the kindness of your heart.

Here is the quotes someone on the other site found:

http://www.linkconnector.com/affiliatec ... =8076&fm=1

http://www.linkconnector.com/affiliatep ... =8076&fm=1

We provide Affiliates:

* An industry leading $75 payout per sponsored child
* Excellent creatives; the personalized banners convert very well in a standalone format
* No religious affiliation means the campaign has a much broader appeal
* $22 a month per sponsored child is quite a bit less than other sponsorship programs

The campaign converts very well but is especially good on shopping sites and women sites as the predominant demographic is a 35-45 year old woman.

avi
Pirate

Post by avi » 04-11-2007 09:56 PM

Audit report:

http://www.children.org/2006Financials.pdf

I think the sponsorThon is different than those who get the web button to get kick backs with and I don't think it shows on their audit report. If anything, he's giving away books so he can deduct that from his taxes so I think its a straight forward , honest sponsor drive to help the kids.

Why would they give $75 when its $22 to sponsor?? It doesn't make any sense to me. I'm calling that number on the link tomorrow to talk to this Dana person.

http://www.children.org/joinSponsorthon ... 4B5F8CC051

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 04-11-2007 10:05 PM

Heck,it offends me (ha) to keep hearing George and Art hawking gold as a good investment. A good investment in what? A totally ransacked mined earth? Do either of them know what kind of ecological impact gold mining has on our pour earth, and it's not like we need gold to eat or to breath .. all of that earth rape exploitation is done in the name of money money money. #$%@ #$%@*#@ $#$*%@ humons ! Hey, the next time I hear them hawking gold, I'm gonna demand they both get fired for such an offensive suggestion/recommendation, just like that waitress that got fired tonight for trying to recommend I try the pork chops this evening. grrrr .... ;-) btw, anyone that accepts or expects or demands a kickback from a childrens charity is a pretty slimy soul if you ask me - that is like stealing candy from a baby, but worse (because babies don't really need candy). I doubt George is THAT bad a fellow to do anything like that .. really, come on now ... George just doesn't care to have any illegal humans on earth living next door to him. I'm sure he likes legal children though and wouldn't take advantage of THEM like THAT !

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 04-11-2007 11:46 PM

Ad space is the cost of sponsoring free am radio

If your beef is with sponsoring a child thru Coast to Coast
I suggest you surf over to UNICEF where you dollars feed more than one.

gpshealy
Pirate

Post by gpshealy » 04-12-2007 06:45 AM

avi -- Thanks a lot. That makes me feel better. It just didn't make sense. Like I said, it seemed awfully Busch League. I guess that is what I get for giving some credence to -- if only for a ten hour period -- something that I read on the Internet. My fault completely. I appologize to GN for saying that personally if he reads this. I just wanted to hear if you guys thought it had any credence.

div -- You are absolutely right about the gold thing. Not only does t require mining, but also the toxic cchemicals created during the smelting process are nothing to laugh at either. Ohh well, I guess that people who want to keep gold under their matresses don't really care.

Skydancer -- Of course I know that adspace is the cost of free fm radio. I said that in my initial post when I wrote, "I obviously don't care if he advertises, it's radio's primary objective".

My problem was that I thought (and was wrong) that he was presenting advertisements as non-advertisements. That is a bit dirty in my opinion. Especially when dealing with charity. That is why the teleevangelists get under my skin so much. Of course the price for a compelling, articulate, spokesperson for a multimillion dollar organization (like for example Baker's PTL organization) is some serious money for the "CEO," but don't act like that person is just doing it out of the kindness of their heart when in fact they are getting kickbacks from any grandmother that donates their dollars to the organization.
Last edited by gpshealy on 04-12-2007 06:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

avi
Pirate

Post by avi » 04-12-2007 10:15 AM

Well, I spoke to both a rep at Children's International and Dana with link connector.

Children's international are on to them.
SponsorThon like the one on Coast to coast website does not give kick backs.

When I spoke to Dana, he said that they are going through transitions so I should check back with him next week. He was very nervous on the phone. Basically, the link connector is a scam.
The SponsorThon that GN is promoting really does go to the kids.

So sleep with ease, my friend!:)

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 04-12-2007 08:23 PM

I don't see anything on the "George Noory Radiothon" site that indicates it's a "sponsorthon" site. Because he does have a button on his website, there's a good chance the webmaster or Geroge is collecting $75 per person who signs up thorugh C2C.

Why was the link connector persons nervous? Does he know checks have been going out to someone at C2C and doeosn't want to admit it?

That would be about $22,500 for 300 children sponsored. This is the 3rd time they've done this, so that's about $67,500 profit for someone at C2C.

Not chump change.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-13-2007 07:10 AM

Divinorumus wrote: Heck,it offends me (ha) to keep hearing George and Art hawking gold as a good investment. A good investment in what? A totally ransacked mined earth? Do either of them know what kind of ecological impact gold mining has on our pour earth, and it's not like we need gold to eat or to breath .. all of that earth rape exploitation is done in the name of money money money. #$%@ #$%@*#@ $#$*%@ humons ! Hey, the next time I hear them hawking gold, I'm gonna demand they both get fired for such an offensive suggestion/recommendation, just like that waitress that got fired tonight for trying to recommend I try the pork chops this evening. grrrr .... ;-) btw, anyone that accepts or expects or demands a kickback from a children's charity is a pretty slimy soul if you ask me - that is like stealing candy from a baby, but worse (because babies don't really need candy). I doubt George is THAT bad a fellow to do anything like that .. really, come on now ... George just doesn't care to have any illegal humans on earth living next door to him. I'm sure he likes legal children though and wouldn't take advantage of THEM like THAT !

Damn right! Have you seen the Google Satellite maps of Africa lately? We and other countries have totally raped Africa's earth of every mineral that was worth anything. There are huge holes, 'new' lakes and black pits all over (diamond mines) pitted all over Africa. We can rape their land, but help in Darfur? No..... course not. :rolleyes:
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-13-2007 07:15 AM

Plainsman wrote: I don't see anything on the "George Noory Radiothon" site that indicates it's a "sponsorthon" site. Because he does have a button on his website, there's a good chance the webmaster or Geroge is collecting per person who signs up thorugh C2C.

Why was the link connector persons nervous? Does he know checks have been going out to someone at C2C and doeosn't want to admit it?

That would be about ,500 for 300 children sponsored. This is the 3rd time they've done this, so that's about ,500 profit for someone at C2C.

Not chump change.

If this is true, and George Norry is accepting this money, he needs to step down from coast to coast am. KEEP looking into this! The 'we're in transition' sounds like a blow-off tactic. call back in a week, see if that 'transition' is still on-going. ;)

If it is legit, then good!
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

avi
Pirate

Post by avi » 04-13-2007 08:53 PM

Well, Link Connector is going into transition. They are a separate entity from What GN is doing. They give you a web button you can use for your website to make money with. The Link Connector is a marketing scheme company , in my opinion. I didn't mention GN or Coast to Coast, I just asked about the " program " they offered. I'm a minister with my Church so I mentioned my title and Church Affiliation, that' when he got very nervous.

I tried calling again today, but could not get anyone on the line.
Did anyone else call? Did you get through?

The SponsorThon is what GN is involved in according to the Children's International. That's why he has a goal number set.

His cause is legit.

;)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-13-2007 09:00 PM

What's the problem, folks? The entire point of corporate capitalism is massive short-term financial profit for a small elite. If Jesus Christ were sponsored by a corporation, then within a week His message would be coming straight from hell! What's the problem, folks? And what's the suprise here, huh? :D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”