Email Dialogue

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-28-2007 05:45 PM

gpshealy now why would you cancel streamlink, how are you going to download Art and Ian's shows on the weekend, that is the reason I keep it.

Welcome Galadriel, pull up a seat and look around, I think you will like it.:)

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 04-28-2007 06:09 PM

gpshealy wrote: GN implicitly criticizes this forum as being too negative.

really? i didn't know this... hmmmm.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 04-28-2007 06:54 PM

Me neither. Funny that everyone seems to have nothing but good to say about Art and Ian. Two outa three ain't bad.;)

I'm thinkin' that Boy George is a bit on the... 'sensitive' side.

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 04-28-2007 08:20 PM

Divinorumus wrote: When I heard George was dumping some dog someone gave him onto someone else to take care of because he didn't want to hassle with DRAGGING a dog around between St. Louis and L.A., well, that told me what I needed to know about George and the other creatures of earth. I wonder, does he have any children he has pawned off onto others to take care off too?

Careful, Div, you'll get a tongue-lashing via email from George if you don't pander to the host.

Galadriel
Pirate

Post by Galadriel » 04-28-2007 09:25 PM

Without streamlink, I'd miss Art and all the old classics -- some of them are really great -- and I'd even miss a lot of Ian. I cannot get a clear radio signal here in the woods, too far from any good AM station.

If I could count on a good signal, I'd just tape the shows and listen later, and I WOULD drop my streamlink membership. It really doesn't seem worth it any longer.

Someone mentioned GN's ratings falling; is that a fact? Do we have a way of knowing what his ratings actually are? I do know there are still over 500 affiliates, so presumably they haven't lost many stations since Art left.

I long for some miracle that would dethrone him. He talks like he's got his contract all sewn up and air-tight. But surely if he keeps screwing around like he's doing -- surely they'd have to get rid of him?? :(

gpshealy
Pirate

Post by gpshealy » 04-29-2007 04:49 AM

IvyQ. I was referring to the whole thing where at the end of the of the program when he was talking about all the online communities and left out the fantastic forum for the first time and said, "Those are all the POSITIVE communities."

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-29-2007 06:59 PM

GN talking about this place being negative, that totally cracks me up, the whole show is based on doom and gloom !!! The end of the world, the end of the bees, its ALL negative. So he must be referring to communities that do not criticize him personally. I thought he was supposed to be a "Worker in the Light", you can't grow as a human being unless you can take feedback.

Sorry I don't normally talk about my frustration with the show. But since he and Howard Bloom ran with that internet rumor about that guy that had the blog and they said he was the VT killer. After they put this piece of disinfo out to the whole C2C audience. They had the wrong person. The guy they were talking about was alive and well. I sent him and email to correct that error, he ignored it. So much for professionalism.

BTW....welcome to the ship Galadriel :)

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 04-29-2007 07:28 PM

Oh yes, Linda...he was definitely talking about NEGATIVE in regards to HIM. It's ALL about HIM.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-29-2007 07:44 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: Oh yes, Linda...he was definitely talking about NEGATIVE in regards to HIM. It's ALL about HIM.
Yes I have noticed that more and more when I listen to the show ;)

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 04-29-2007 08:01 PM

gpshealy wrote: IvyQ. I was referring to the whole thing where at the end of the of the program when he was talking about all the online communities and left out the fantastic forum for the first time and said, "Those are all the POSITIVE communities."

thanks for the info gps.... GN had always aknowledged the FF in his commentaries, but i haven't listened to him of late because of my recent move... i didn't realize he had said or made references to his personal list of negative forums, on the show....

time to yet again get rid of Streamlink. i did 2 months ago but gave in for one more month. if C2C wants to support this juevenile behaviour in their hosts, certainly i don't have to....

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 04-29-2007 10:48 PM

Ah, George is still pouting because of that whole TV thing having gone south. Aren't you George? ;) Ah suck it up George, life and karma works like that sometimes, when necessary. Maybe in your next life, George, you can host a cooking show on Mexican public television.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-29-2007 10:58 PM

Div I didn't know the TV show thing went South.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 04-29-2007 11:33 PM

I don't think George likes to talk about it much, huh George? We probably shouldn't say anymore behind his back like this about this, it wouldn't be right. :cool: KARMA, it's REAL!

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 04-30-2007 11:41 AM

Plainsman wrote: Another thing that seems odd is George got the email criticizing him for not doing anything about the pet food story, then all of sudden Pamela Anderson coming on as 1st hour guest. Quite a coincidence, don't you think?

This morning I was listening to an all news station in L.A. (KNX-1070) when an almost exact duplicate of George's Purina One commercial came on: the announcer telling the listeners about his beloved dog Bosco growing strong and healthy eating gobs of Purina One. It got me thinking what if...if George Noory's Dog is a mythical dog hatched in the evil recess' of an ad agency with the explicite mission to win the hearts of all of us Coast listeners who own canine companions? What if there's no dog at all?! George does live a somewhat hectic life-on-the-go between St. Louis and los Angeles. Surely the use of a mythical dog wouldn't be that far-fetched a conspiracy theory.

Dogs (I'm sorry Art) are man's best friend and they tug on our heart strings. A few months ago over in Polk County, Florida, a K-9 police dog named Diogi (pronounced D-O-G) was killed along with his human partner Matt Williams. Diogi made it on the front pages of the St. Pete Times, the Tampa Tribune, and front and center on all the news channels. When Polk County sheriff Grady Judd gave his eulogy for the fallen deputy, all the television viewer could see was a gigantic happy German Shephard portrait, tongue hanging out in a big doggie smile, with a diminutive deputy Matt Williams in the background of the photograph: Diogi stole the show!

So consider the next time George airs that Purina One commercial on Coast it may all be a script concocted from an ad agency: And for what it's worth our four year old female Golden Retriever eats whatever my wife buys at the local supermarket.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-30-2007 06:06 PM

wcstflyer wrote: This morning I was listening to an all news station in L.A. (KNX-1070) when an almost exact duplicate of George's Purina One commercial came on: the announcer telling the listeners about his beloved dog Bosco growing strong and healthy eating gobs of Purina One. It got me thinking what if...if George Noory's Dog is a mythical dog hatched in the evil recess' of an ad agency with the explicite mission to win the hearts of all of us Coast listeners who own canine companions? What if there's no dog at all?! George does live a somewhat hectic life-on-the-go between St. Louis and los Angeles. Surely the use of a mythical dog wouldn't be that far-fetched a conspiracy theory.

Dogs (I'm sorry Art) are man's best friend and they tug on our heart strings. A few months ago over in Polk County, Florida, a K-9 police dog named Diogi (pronounced D-O-G) was killed along with his human partner Matt Williams. Diogi made it on the front pages of the St. Pete Times, the Tampa Tribune, and front and center on all the news channels. When Polk County sheriff Grady Judd gave his eulogy for the fallen deputy, all the television viewer could see was a gigantic happy German Shephard portrait, tongue hanging out in a big doggie smile, with a diminutive deputy Matt Williams in the background of the photograph: Diogi stole the show!

So consider the next time George airs that Purina One commercial on Coast it may all be a script concocted from an ad agency: And for what it's worth our four year old female Golden Retriever eats whatever my wife buys at the local supermarket.

Yeah, I'm in Lakeland, FL. The city that shooting happened. They took out the murdering SOB too. :)
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”