Suskind - Forged Iraq documents from Cheney via Doug Feith

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

calamity jane
Pirate

Suskind - Forged Iraq documents from Cheney via Doug Feith

Post by calamity jane » 08-11-2008 12:48 AM

"An extremely reliable and well placed source in the intelligence community has informed me that Ron Suskind’s revelation that the White House ordered the preparation of a forged letter linking Saddam Hussein to al-Qaeda and also to attempts made to obtain yellowcake uranium is correct but that a number of details are wrong.

The Suskind account states that two senior CIA officers Robert Richer and John Maguire supervised the preparation of the document under direct orders coming from Director George Tenet. Not so, says my source. Tenet is for once telling the truth when he states that he would not have undermined himself by preparing such a document while at the same time insisting publicly that there was no connection between Saddam and al-Qaeda. Richer and Maguire have both denied that they were involved with the forgery and it should also be noted that preparation of such a document to mislead the media is illegal and they could have wound up in jail.

My source also notes that Dick Cheney, who was behind the forgery, hated and mistrusted the Agency and would not have used it for such a sensitive assignment. Instead, he went to Doug Feith’s Office of Special Plans and asked them to do the job. The Pentagon has its own false documents center, primarily used to produce fake papers for Delta Force and other special ops officers traveling under cover as businessmen. It was Feith’s office that produced the letter and then surfaced it to the media in Iraq. Unlike the Agency, the Pentagon had no restrictions on it regarding the production of false information to mislead the public. Indeed, one might argue that Doug Feith’s office specialized in such activity."

http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/08/07 ... revisited/

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 08-11-2008 04:23 PM

I heard (over the weekend) that one of the conservative Washington newspapers also confirmed the forgery, from an entirely different source than Suskind used. I can't remember which paper it was, but FOX (believe it or not!) was commenting on it yesterday morning, and they seemed to think it was credible.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-11-2008 05:17 PM

Impeachable offense, for sure...criminal in every way an six ways to Sunday!:D :D

We need a jumping up and down smiley, Linnea, if they can really get them on this.:)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-11-2008 11:06 PM

PW, you might want to send Linnea an email for that smiley, she doesn't read all the threads here.

CJ, I had several things I posted in the "discussion on Iraq" thread. about this topic. If you get a chance listen to the interview with Thom Hartmann with Suskind posted there. I think this might blow up, but we can only hope at this point.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”