Was Jimi Hendrdix murdered?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Was Jimi Hendrdix murdered?

Post by Shirleypal » 07-11-2009 11:36 AM

July 10, 2:58 PM · Carl Lowe - Birmingham Family Health Examiner

New claims about the death of Jimi Hendrix allege he was murdered by his manager to collect $2 million dollars in insurance money. Hendrix’s former road manager, James “Tappy” Wright, says in a new book that Mike Jeffery, who managed Hendrix, was deep in debt and afraid Hendrix was going to dump him for new management. As a result, on September 18, 1970, Jeffery and others forced Hendrix to take an overdose of pills and forced wine down his throat until the guitarist drowned.

Could this story be true? The medical report on Hendrix shows he had large amounts of wine in his lungs the night he died. The London Times reports that although the doctor who examined Hendrix discovered he had inhaled wine there was little alcohol in his blood. The doctor also said that by the time Hendrix was brought to the hospital he “had been dead for some time, without a doubt, hours rather than minutes.”

The Times adds that Bob Levine, a merchandising manager for Hendrix has sent a letter to Wright saying “I’m so glad you honored the truth instead of all that regurgitated s*** that comes out.” (Hendrix Questions)

The woman who was with Hendrix when he died, Monika Dannemann, gave conflicting versions of what happened that night. She committed suicide in 1996.
And without doubt, the accused murderer, Jeffery, profited from Hendrix’s death. After Hendrix died, Jeffrey paid all his back taxes, took control of Hendrix’s Electric Lady studios in New York, bought a house in Woodstock, New York and made large amounts of money from Hendrix’s recordings. But he didn't enjoy his riches for long. He died in a plane crash in 1973.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4592-Birmingh ... x-murdered

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-11-2009 12:48 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all. We now know that the Altamont Festival disaster of late 1969 triggered the beginning of a period of mysterious and violent deaths that were instrumental in plowing under the Counterculture in the early 1970s. The murder of Jimi Hendrix, if it occurred, would fit right in with that whole modus operandi...

:(
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-11-2009 01:14 PM

Let me get this straight...the guy needed the money he was making from Hendrix's performances, so he killed him?

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-11-2009 01:16 PM

HB3, maybe he was tired of the installment plan and wanted a lump-sum payment? :D

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-11-2009 01:17 PM

Frank Zappa said about Hendrix, "Now there's a guy who shouldn't be taking drugs."

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-11-2009 01:23 PM

Here's a classic Hendrix story...

They had just finished mixing the album "Axis: Bold as Love" and everyone was convinced it was a masterpiece. The mixing sessions had gone uncommonly well. Insanely, they then gave the master tapes to Jimi, who went to a party...and by the next morning, the tapes were lost. They had to re-mix the entire album from scratch, and though they remembered a lot of what they'd done, they couldn't recapture the magic of that initial mix.

The downside of drugs!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-11-2009 04:33 PM

joequinn wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at all. We now know that the Altamont Festival disaster of late 1969 triggered the beginning of a period of mysterious and violent deaths that were instrumental in plowing under the Counterculture in the early 1970s. The murder of Jimi Hendrix, if it occurred, would fit right in with that whole modus operandi...

:(

Yeah... in less than a year we lost Joplin, Hendrix, and Morrison. BANG they're here, BOOM they're gone. It was a shock. I had just gotten married (for the first time)--and we were huge Doors fans--when Morrison died. I still remember where I was (driving a '63 Ford Falcon in Kalamazoo near where we were living at the time) when I heard a report on the radio that Morrison had died. The loss of Janis and Jimi really hurt, but Jim's passing was devastating. It all really was a huge blow, and I've always wondered what really happened to each of them.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-11-2009 05:38 PM

Mark David Chapman, confessed murderer of Jon Lennon, in 1980, could have been under the influence of our own government, at the time of Jon's untimely murder. Nixon tried to have Lennon deported, and FOIA documents subsequently released during the Clinton Administration clearly show that the DOJ and GHW Bush would like to have had Lennon removed... but the Courts refused their request.

Since we now know about the surveillance tactics of ALL protestors during the 1960s and 1970s, it wouldn't be such a stretch for government mind control over someone such as Chapman. I've always felt there was more to Lennon's assassination that we've ever been told. So perhaps his death can be tentatively added to this list of untimely and questionable deaths.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-11-2009 05:51 PM

Yes, I thought about John's murder along with this, too, Bobbi. There was ten years in between, but that's nothing really.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-11-2009 05:54 PM

Joolz and Bobbie, I also thought something strange about John's untimely death...:(

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-11-2009 06:57 PM

The death of Janis Joplin hit me particularly hard. I saw her perform with Big Brother and the Holding Company, and she was mesmerizing, even with a fifth of Southern Comfort in her. And I remember something that she said: "Every night I make love to ten thousand people, and then I go home alone."

Janis Joplin's death touched me in the heart, but John Lennon's death was the hardest for me to bear. I remember walking down Fulton Street in Brooklyn during my lunch hour on the day after his assassination, with the snow flakes starting to come down and "Starting Over" blaring from the boombox loudspeakers of the music stores. My eyes were misted over with tears, and I knew, absolutely, that my youth was finally over and that I would never grieve for somebody I didn't know personally as deeply as I was grieving then. And, alas, I was right on both counts...

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-11-2009 08:41 PM

I never had the pleasure of seeing Janis perform live (I'm so jealous!). But I sang with her and danced with her both in public and in private. I loved her. So, yes, her death hit me hard, too. And Jimi's. And Jim's. But for me, John's was also the worst.

I didn't hear about it until the morning of the 9th via a phone call from a friend. (I lived out in the hills at the time, had no television, and only sometimes listened to radio.) I turned on the radio, listened to the DJs play John's music all day long, and talk about the candlelight vigils being held that night. I cried all that day and into the night. I was 9 months pregnant at the time. I went into labor early in the morning on the 10th and my daughter was born in the wee hours of the 11th. So, that time is a bittersweet memory for me. Life and death in stark contrast. Vivid. Wrenching. Emblazoned on my soul.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-11-2009 08:43 PM

Oh wow Joolz, I can imagine.....

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 07-12-2009 01:18 AM

I saw her perform at in Hollywood; Helen Reddy--8.5 months pregnant, opened for her, singing, "I am woman, hear me roar." Something I'll NEVER forget.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 09-19-2011 11:30 AM

HB3 wrote: Let me get this straight...the guy needed the money he was making from Hendrix's performances, so he killed him?
Thats what i have heard also.. The manager FORCED THE DRUGS DOWN HIS THROAT :(

If this is really what happend IT IS VERY SAD.. Not only for Jimi's Death but THE MANAGER GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER!!

Quite sad...

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”