Hello everyone

First Time Posters thread for new posters or posters with 0-50 posts ONLY!

Moderator: Super Moderators

John Briggs
Pirate

Hello everyone

Post by John Briggs » 07-18-2009 08:03 PM

My name is John and I came about this wonderful site and resource through a suggestion by John Lear in a interview he gave to the Camelot Project. I find so many things deeply interesting regarding various topics discussed here and I have been looking for a polite and kind community to participate and expand my knowledge of such conversations.

Regards, John
Regards, John Briggs

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-18-2009 08:08 PM

Welcome to the ship John, Mr. Lear has good taste, be sure to check out his threads, amazing to say the least.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-18-2009 08:09 PM

What are you interested in, John? I have been around for a while, and I might know something that you want to know.

Be warned, however: there are times when The Fantastic Forum is anything but "polite and kind." I should know, because during those periods of occasional chaos, I can be one of the rudest and coldest... :D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

John Briggs
Pirate

Post by John Briggs » 07-18-2009 08:33 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Welcome to the ship John, Mr. Lear has good taste, be sure to check out his threads, amazing to say the least.

Been doing a great deal of that today.:) Thank you for your kind welcome.:)
Regards, John Briggs

John Briggs
Pirate

Post by John Briggs » 07-18-2009 08:35 PM

joequinn wrote: What are you interested in, John? I have been around for a while, and I might know something that you want to know.

Be warned, however: there are times when The Fantastic Forum is anything but "polite and kind." I should know, because during those periods of occasional chaos, I can be one of the rudest and coldest... :D :D :D

I guess my curiosity is in awide range of subjects such as world war 2 history, current politics, science and technology, conspiracy theories covering the Smithsonian and Nasa and so forth. I am a newbie in the community circle so I am stil educating myself. I love to learn and observe. :)
Regards, John Briggs

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-18-2009 08:37 PM

You are very welcome John, check out the Original Radio Room, we are there Saturday evenings at 9:00 PM Eastern for Art Bell Classics Somewhere In Time shows, also for Ian Punnett live and two Sundays a month for George Knapps interviews..and of course when Art is on live..

John Briggs
Pirate

Post by John Briggs » 07-18-2009 08:39 PM

Shirleypal wrote: You are very welcome John, check out the Original Radio Room, we are there Saturday evenings at 9:00 PM Eastern for Art Bell Classics Somewhere In Time shows, also for Ian Punnett live and two Sundays a month for George Knapps interviews..and of course when Art is on live..

Will consider it. Never really gotten into the radio thing here yet. I have listened to such topics on AM radio though as I love talk radio.
Regards, John Briggs

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-18-2009 09:13 PM

And what about World War II are you particularly interested in, John? I myself had nothing but contempt for 20th century history when I was younger. I am much older now, and I realize that World War II is the source for the entire two-thirds of a century of the post-war world, now ending. And so I have begun to study that period meticulously, with some surprising results...

I repeat, what about World War II are you particularly interested in, John?

John Briggs
Pirate

Post by John Briggs » 07-18-2009 09:17 PM

joequinn wrote: And what about World War II are you particularly interested in, John? I myself had nothing but contempt for 20th century history when I was younger. I am much older now, and I realize that World War II is the source for the entire two-thirds of a century of the post-war world, now ending. And so I have begun to study that period meticulously, with some surprising results...

I repeat, what about World War II are you particularly interested in, John?

The particular motives of the US involvement, German technology and secret testings. The effects it had on the world. The cross over of scientists that integrated into the now known Nasa project and stuff. Again, nothing particular really.
Regards, John Briggs

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-18-2009 09:25 PM

OPERATION PAPERCLIP was not "nothing particular," John. Did you know that some of Ronald Reagan's most vehement supporters, both financially and politically, when he ran for Governor of California in the fall of 1966 were repatriated Nazis who were living the good life in McCarthyite Amerika? Yep, you can even see their faces in the supporting crowd on the stage on Election Night 1966.

This fact alone explains a great deal of the political history of the 1980s. But nobody in Amerika wants to perceive it, much less anything else about post-war American history...

John Briggs
Pirate

Post by John Briggs » 07-18-2009 09:33 PM

joequinn wrote: OPERATION PAPERCLIP was not "nothing particular," John. Did you know that some of Ronald Reagan's most vehement supporters, both financially and politically, when he ran for Governor of California in the fall of 1966 were repatriated Nazis who were living the good life in McCarthyite Amerika? Yep, you can even see their faces in the supporting crowd on the stage on Election Night 1966.

This fact alone explains a great deal of the political history of the 1980s. But nobody in Amerika wants to perceive it, much less anything else about post-war American history...
Very aware of Operation Paperclip. I think you misread my point of nothing particular. I have a wide range of interests and those are just some of them. I have read on the matter a great deal and have like many, easily observed the major effects on American history that Former Nazis had on American history. It's just one of the many many things I like to learn about. So I restate that I have no interests in anything particular because I do not.:) I hope that helps clarify.
Regards, John Briggs

Return to “First Time Posters Thread”