No show discussion?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

CoastZone
Pirate

No show discussion?

Post by CoastZone » 10-06-2009 01:59 AM

I've noticed that nobody here is discussing the show. I saw in the ORR that you only create threads for Art Bell or Knapp.

Is anyone up & listening tonight?

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-06-2009 02:59 AM

I listen to almost every "Coast" show hosted by Art Bell, George Noory, and George Knapp. For years, I listened live since I require very little sleep but now I usually listen to George Noory and George Knapp through "Streamlink" at a later time except for a portion of their shows that I still listen to live. I continue to listen to Art live in his entirety.
racehorse

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 10-06-2009 05:25 AM

I too am a member of streamlink, mostly for the archives so I can pick & choose between shows. I just recently purchased a Ipod touch from amazon.com and downloaded the coast app for the iphone & ipod touch. That is how I listen to the show.

I work as a night auditor for right now so it keeps me entertained at the very least.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: No show discussion?

Post by Shirleypal » 10-06-2009 09:04 AM

CoastZone wrote: I've noticed that nobody here is discussing the show. I saw in the ORR that you only create threads for Art Bell or Knapp.

Is anyone up & listening tonight?

Also create threads for Ian when he has a Coast type guest, there hasn't been enough interest in the weekday shows to put up threads in the ORR for sometime now. Many also live in the East and cannot stay up that late or have stopped listening.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 10-06-2009 04:53 PM

racehorse wrote: I listen to almost every "Coast" show hosted by Art Bell, George Noory, and George Knapp. For years, I listened live since I require very little sleep but now I usually listen to George Noory and George Knapp through "Streamlink" at a later time except for a portion of their shows that I still listen to live. I continue to listen to Art live in his entirety.

I noticed you didn't put Ian on your list, not a fan or just forgot?

As for the topic, you can always leave a comment on the weekly thread about Noory that Cherry has been recently putting up.

As for Noory, I still listen at times. But it's really difficult to listen to his entire show live. So I listen to bits and pieces throughout the overnight and if it is interesting then I might give a more of a listen then on the repeat showing that gives the next night before the live broadcast.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-06-2009 06:46 PM

OMG wrote: I noticed you didn't put Ian on your list .. .

That is correct. ;)
racehorse

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

I noticed you didn't put Ian on your list...

Post by Live365 » 10-06-2009 08:19 PM

racehorse wrote: That is correct. ;)

:D :D :D
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-06-2009 09:23 PM

Hello, CoastZone, welcome to the arena, um, I mean, The Fantastic Forum.

You have just begun to walk upon sand that has been vitrified by dozens of thermonuclear explosions over the past nine years. Why, you ask, is there no show discussion about Noory's latest show? It would be easier to explain the intricacies of Darwinian evolution than to answer that question.

The sand upon which you walk has been turned to glass, and the glass is red because of all the blood that has been shed on it.

:D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-06-2009 10:23 PM

Snoory is still hosting?

What a shame.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-06-2009 10:30 PM

Yeah, not only is Snoory still on the air, but the other night he was instructing callers to hold the phone up to their snooring housemates...

So when I tuned in, I actually heard snooring!

LOL.

We're a long way from the pinnacles of the past.
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-07-2009 12:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

stevesh
Pirate

Post by stevesh » 10-07-2009 04:22 AM

I recently went back to working nights after 6 months or so of no Coast To Coast. Since I'm in the car from 1-5 ET, I listen to every show.

Even though Ian doesn't seem all that interested in paranormal subjects, the guests he does have on are, I think, usually interesting and a pleasant break from the usual C2C fare.

George Knapp is as good as ever, but I'd like to see him do shows other than UFO-related.

Noory, on the other hand has gotten a little worse. He doesn't even seem to pretend to do anything but read the questions provided by some guests.

I have noticed that, when SNoory thanks his supporters on Friday night, Fantastic Forum isn't mentioned anymore.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 10-07-2009 08:42 AM

stevesh wrote: I have noticed that, when SNoory thanks his supporters on Friday night, Fantastic Forum isn't mentioned anymore.

There was a rather significant "falling out" some years ago, Stevesh. Involved threats of lawsuits, calling out Pirates by name, nasty insults hurled back at George, stuff like that. I bet he knows we're still here!!
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 10-09-2009 03:17 PM

Can I ask a simple question, what the hell was Noory doing last night? The freakin moon was in a matter of hours about to get stuff crashed into it and he doesn't do a show about it? This is as classic and obvious a C2C show as you going to make and he does a show about something else? What the heck!

I want to hear people who think it's a good idea, I want to hear from people who think it's a horrible idea, I want to hear about people who think there are people living up there, I want to hear from people who think aliens are up there. C2C you would think would be the show that would have an in depth discussion about this from mainstream and not so mainstream point of view. How often are you going to have an interesting C2C type show that going on in mainstream but the actual C2C show can really add to it with a focus show on it like bringing in guys like Hoagland or Lear and C2C skips it?

I swear if Noory was working in sports radio and doing a post game show after the most exciting Super Bowl in history, he would end up talking about horse racing.

Pseudonaut
Pirate

Post by Pseudonaut » 10-10-2009 02:15 AM

OMG wrote: Can I ask a simple question, what the hell was Noory doing last night? The freakin moon was in a matter of hours about to get stuff crashed into it and he doesn't do a show about it? This is as classic and obvious a C2C show as you going to make and he does a show about something else? What the heck!

I want to hear people who think it's a good idea, I want to hear from people who think it's a horrible idea, I want to hear about people who think there are people living up there, I want to hear from people who think aliens are up there. C2C you would think would be the show that would have an in depth discussion about this from mainstream and not so mainstream point of view. How often are you going to have an interesting C2C type show that going on in mainstream but the actual C2C show can really add to it with a focus show on it like bringing in guys like Hoagland or Lear and C2C skips it?

I swear if Noory was working in sports radio and doing a post game show after the most exciting Super Bowl in history, he would end up talking about horse racing.

I think this pretty much sums up why there's no ORR threads for Noory's shows. There's nothing to say anymore but complain. He's terrible.

And the members here are too good to let things devolve the way certain other unnamed forums have...

:o

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 10-10-2009 03:11 PM

OMG wrote: Can I ask a simple question, what the hell was Noory doing last night? The freakin moon was in a matter of hours about to get stuff crashed into it and he doesn't do a show about it? This is as classic and obvious a C2C show as you going to make and he does a show about something else? What the heck!

Okay, that last bit made me spit all over the screen!! :D

Isn't Lear's "Soul Slinger" behind the moon? Do you think it survived? If not, are we all now doomed!?
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”