Obama's Bribes/Sellout...

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 11-22-2009 09:02 AM

Joolz wrote: Why don't "most people [you]'ve ever talked to" realize that we ALREADY have "bureaus" that "DECIDE what is and is not to be covered"? They're currently run by the INSURANCE companies, and their major concern is profit, not health care. Those are your "death panels." What's to be so "scared" of? It certainly can't be any worse than what we already HAVE, and hopefully will be much better. I think "most people" are really just afraid of change, and are grasping at straws to to rationalize their fears in any way they can.

Excellent response to the fearmongering!

Cherry Kelly, the health of the American people is now a commodity on Wall Street.

Shareholders must be satisfied ahead of the people... ahead of the people of this country! It's obscene!

Insurance companies have become greedy and immoral.

I really don't understand why you cannot comprehend that!

Although I have problems with the bill regarding my statement above, at least this is the first step, I pray, toward true reform and real National Health Care!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-22-2009 11:43 AM

Reform in the medical field - insurance, spending, etc. as I RELATED already - is needed.

BUT if you think gov't is the answer - all you have to do is look at the ones the gov't already controls. Prime example: Look at all the millions (if not billions) the gov't paid out in fraudulent Medicare claims. Have they collected on those?

I go again to the top four areas discussed in the CNN article. Fix those!

I will ask - if this health care reform is so good - why are congress critters exempting themselves?

----
EDIT TO ADD: 300million for Louisiana and she bragged about being bribed to pass the Senate bill for "debate"...

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-22-2009 12:12 PM

Perhaps Senator Landreiu is a little bit more subtle than the legendary and infamous George Washington Plunkitt but not much. ;)
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-22-2009 09:22 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: BUT if you think gov't is the answer - all you have to do is look at the ones the gov't already controls.
You mean like the VA? The VA has its faults (nothing and no one is perfect), but on the whole, the care is really pretty damn good comparatively. I'm not going to go into some long spiel here, but at this point, I have no complaints about this government "controlled" health care.
Prime example: Look at all the millions (if not billions) the gov't paid out in fraudulent Medicare claims. Have they collected on those?

Abuse and fraud are going to exist in ANY system, whether private or government. Got something else?
I go again to the top four areas discussed in the CNN article. Fix those!

What CNN article? How about giving us your "top four areas" yourself and telling us what you think needs to be done. This isn't telling me anything.
I will ask - if this health care reform is so good - why are congress critters exempting themselves?

And I will answer. WHICH ones are you talking about? That might tell us something. ;) There are lots of possibilities. Some are in the pocket of insurance companies (and pharma), and/or are from areas where the their constituents are falling prey to rampant fear-mongering, propaganda, and outright lies. And, of course, some are doing it for purely partisan reasons and just want to block anything the Democrats and/or the Obama Administration tries to do. Take your pick.
----
EDIT TO ADD: 300million for Louisiana and she bragged about being bribed to pass the Senate bill for "debate"...

Landreiu? :rolleyes: That's about what I think of her.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”