Reports Coming In of Major Raids by Feds in SE MI and NE OH

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-28-2010 02:51 PM

Joolz wrote: Hooboy... I won't post any links, but if you want to know, google "Hutaree." :eek:
Thanks Joolz, on my way out to play a little today, but have googled a little bit, will definetely google more when I get home. Never heard of this group.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 03-28-2010 03:10 PM

I'd never heard of them before, either, Linda.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 03-28-2010 05:10 PM

Well, I went and read their "Doctrine." That's scary enough for me... Any militia group that's using faith-based reasons to prepare for war in the name of Jesus sends cold shivers up & down my spine. And if they were making pipe bombs for distribution to other branches, what makes them any different than any other terrorist organization? Guns are one thing; building pipe bombs is totally illegal, for any reason. And transporting them is very dangerous to anyone or any community through which they pass.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-29-2010 08:57 AM

Turns out our local situation was a drug bust - not related to the other raids, but just seemed odd it went down same time period...

----
The stories are linked off drudge and a couple other sites now.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 03-29-2010 10:09 AM

THEY CAME FIRST for the Muslims,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim... and besides, they're all bloodthirsty terrorists.

THEN THEY CAME for the Christians,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a militant Christian whack job.

THEN THEY CAME for...
Last edited by SquidInk on 03-29-2010 10:26 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-29-2010 10:55 AM

Here is what the indictment says.

Indictment: Militia members sought to 'levy war' against U.S.

From The Detroit News: http://detroitnews.com/article/20100329 ... z0ja7Ds32K

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 03-29-2010 02:19 PM

Here's another article, this one from AP, at Detroit News.com:
9 militia members charged in police-killing plot

By COREY WILLIAMS and DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writers
Mar 29, 2:37 PM EDT

DETROIT (AP) -- Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia that was preparing for the Antichrist were charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral using homemade bombs in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday.

The Michigan-based group, called Hutaree, planned to use the attack on police as a catalyst for a larger uprising against the government, according to newly unsealed court papers. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because its members were planning a violent mission sometime in April.

Members of the group, including its leader, David Brian Stone, also known as "Captain Hutaree," were charged following FBI raids over the weekend on locations in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Seven people were arraigned in Detroit on Monday, and another one of Stone's sons, Joshua, is being sought.

>snip<

Hutaree says on its Web site that its name means "Christian warrior" and describes the word as part of a secret language that only a few people are privileged enough to know. The group quotes several Bible passages and states: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

The site also features a picture on the site of 17 camouflaged men, all holding large guns, and includes videos of camouflaged men toting guns and running through wooded areas in apparent training exercises. Each wears a patch on the left shoulder with a cross.

According to investigators, the Hutaree view local, state, and federal law enforcement personnel as a "brotherhood" and an enemy, and planned to attack them as part of an armed struggle against the U.S. government.

>snip<

---Read entire article at link above---
I'd read about this yesterday on a forum where members of this cult were posting: "Hutaree says on its Web site that its name means "Christian warrior" and describes the word as part of a secret language that only a few people are privileged enough to know." A "secret language" that only a few people know? That says volumes right there.

It saddens me that this nutball, Stone, drew his sons into his madness and has now ruined their young lives. :(

I figured, when I started hearing of pipe bombs in association with this, that there was some sort of plot to blow things up, and was thinking it would be related to insurrection and trying to start some kind of "war." We've seen this sort of thing before... I'm glad they were stopped. Very glad.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 03-29-2010 09:02 PM

I haven't searched out a news article to link, but Rachel Maddow said a little while ago -- it was breaking news when she announced it -- that the young man they were still searching for, Joshua Stone, has been apprehended, apparently peacefully.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 03-30-2010 11:23 AM

SquidInk wrote: THEY CAME FIRST for the Muslims,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim... and besides, they're all bloodthirsty terrorists.

THEN THEY CAME for...

Yes.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 03-30-2010 12:08 PM

SquidInk wrote: THEY CAME FIRST for the Muslims,

THEN THEY CAME for...

What would you have had the FBI do? Stand back and let these nutbags explode a bomb at a funeral?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-30-2010 09:58 PM

I am curious why those that use IED's in Arab Countries are called terrorists but those that were going to use the same device's against their own citizens are not called terrorists. These people are terrorists American terrorists, and I notice today these "anti-government" people decided to use State paid for Attorneys. Ironic.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 03-31-2010 08:25 PM

Corvid wrote: What would you have had the FBI do? Stand back and let these nutbags explode a bomb at a funeral?

What would I have the FBI do? What relevance does that have to the matter? :D

None of us has access to the unfettered truth in these matters. So I am left to examine the activities of these agencies over the last century or so, and form conclusions, without the benefit of being told the un-spun truth.

Apparently the FBI had a provocateur on the inside here, too. - source

It's only a matter of time until we find out what really happened - as we did recently regarding the "terrorism" in Mumbai...

A spy unsettles US-India ties
By M K Bhadrakumar

News that the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had reached a plea bargain with David Coleman Headley, who played a key role in the planning of the terrorist strike in Mumbai in November 2008 in which 166 people were killed, has caused an uproar in India.

The deal enables the US government to hold back from formally producing any evidence against Headley in a court of law that might have included details of his links with US intelligence or oblige any cross-examination of Headley by the prosecution.

The plea bargain details that while working as an American agent Headley attended at least five “training courses” conducted by the LeT in Pakistan, including sessions in the use of weapons and grenades, close-combat tactics and counter-surveillance techniques, from February 2002 until December 2003. - source
It's always the same story.

But you know that, because you remember how agents provocateur were routinely employed during the 1960's, as the federal government mobilized to frame up the voices of dissent.

These half-wit hutaree clowns may or may not have had the chops to pull off some sort attack on the cops, but we'll never know. What do we really know about this situation besides what we are spoon-fed by the msm?

Certain elements of our society have found it advantageous (I guess) to march hither & yon, engaging in nearly 100 years of constant lies, fraud, deception, and mass murder. One unfortunate side effect of such decision making is that those elements can no longer be trusted to deliver the truth, or to act selflessly in defense of the nation.

I apologize if you are finding my lack of faith disturbing.
Last edited by SquidInk on 03-31-2010 08:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 03-31-2010 08:43 PM

SquidInk wrote: It's always the same story.

But you know that, because you remember how agents provocateur were routinely employed during the 1960's, as the federal government mobilized to frame up the voices of dissent.

These half-wit clowns may or may not have had the chops to pull off some sort attack on the cops, but we'll never know. What do we really know about this situation besides what we are spoon-fed by the msm?

That's right! Now that you mention it, one of the ways agents provocateur became known in the 60s was because they were the ones always urging violence against the police! Gee, that's odd...must be a coincidence.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 03-31-2010 08:49 PM

Well... *scratches head & sighs*

Uhm... I guess you disagree with me (?), or maybe you're pokin' a little fun at my paranoia.

Explain! (please)

I figure you lose either way. Either you actually agree with me, in which case you risk being branded "kooky". Or worse yet, you & Corvid are in agreement, in which case Hell has surely frozen over!:D
Last edited by SquidInk on 03-31-2010 08:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “National”