LA City Council Votes for Civil War 2

Moderator: Super Moderators

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-18-2010 10:51 PM

SETIsLady wrote: You dispute what I posted ?

No -- I just don't understand it.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-18-2010 11:01 PM

HB3 wrote: No -- I just don't understand it.
What is it you don't understand. Because almost daily I can count on you to bash another race. You think its funny, to me its my family. What don't you understand I will try to explain it you. But please spare the sarcasm because its not funny to some people, myself included.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-18-2010 11:08 PM

I wasn't being sarcastic -- I really didn't understand what you said.
Because almost daily I can count on you to bash another race.
What was that about taking the rhetoric down a notch, a request I graciously agreed to, and then even apologized?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-19-2010 03:52 PM

Hey, here's the results of another American -- as opposed to un- or non-American -- poll....
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 13% of Adults think Mexico wants to stop illegal immigration. Sixty-seven percent (67%) say Mexico does not want to stop its citizens from entering the United States illegally…

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Americans think Mexico should be asked to compensate U.S. taxpayers to offset such costs [of illegal immigration]…

Most voters (55%) now favor passage of an immigration law like Arizona’s in their own state. When asked specifically about the chief provision of the Arizona law, support is even higher. Sixty-nine percent (69%) believe a police officer should be required to check the immigration status of anyone stopped for a traffic violation or violation of some other law if he suspects the person might be an illegal immigrant.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... mmigration

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-19-2010 04:00 PM

Since we're at Rasmussen, let's check the Daily Presidential Tracking Poll!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Email a Friend Email to a Friend ShareThis
Advertisement

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19. Today’s rating is the lowest earned by the president since the passage of his health care proposal two months ago.
Oh....

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... cking_poll

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 05-19-2010 07:25 PM

Rasmussen... dishonest, biased and liars...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/5/19 ... st%29-game

Rasmussen's (dishonest) game
by kos

Wed May 19, 2010 at 09:12:03 AM PDT

Rasmussen has been this cycle's most prolific pollster, by far. As of February:

Yes, Rasmussen Reports has fielded far more polls so far this cycle, both in absolute terms (45 vs. 13) and as a percentage of the total (28% vs 18%).

Rasmussen's volume hasn't decreased since then. If you want to see how spammy they are, check out this link.

Yesterday the nation had several hot races, including the House special election in PA-12, primaries in both parties in Kentucky and Arkansas, and the Democratic Senate primary in Pennsylvania.

And somehow, Rasmussen was nowhere to be found. Yet this past week, Rasmussen found time to poll Colorado, California, and those burning Idaho senate and governor races. He even polled the general election in Arkansas, ignoring the imminent primaries -- the better to show Arkansas Republican primary voters who their strongest candidate was.

You see, the thing about Rasmussen is that he cares only about setting the narrative that Democrats are doomed. And it's hard to build those narratives if you screw up polling actual elections.

(more)
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 05-20-2010 02:06 AM

Can someone please explain to me the difference... between Cubans who wish to escape from Castro and Cuba to the U.S. so they can work hard for more money and have a better life as well as be with family, and Latinos who wish to escape poverty, drug cartels, and be with family while they work hard to earn more money to have a better life?

The only difference I can see is... this country hates Castro so much, that if an undocumented group of people from Cuba are lucky enough to make it across a barrier of water and reach dry land without being apprehended, our country automatically gives them a legal right to stay; all they have to do is apply for it.

To the best of my knowledge, we never tried to steal or fought a war to remove Cubans from American soil, whereas we DID steal and kill all the Native Americans we could, and put the rest of them on reservations, and we DID steal and kill all the Mexicans we could, to take over Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.

While I actually DO believe in legal immigration, I also think that what's okay for Cubans who are willing to work hard and send money home to their loved ones in Cuba, should also be the same for Mexicans who are good people. If we were to allow them, too, to prove they have no criminal records once they arrive on American soil, without fear of automatic deportation, wouldn't they assimilate into our culture in a generation or two, just as the Cubans have?

So what if there are 12 million Latinos living undocumented here in America, when there are also many, many Cubans who are here, and are treated much more humanely. We MUST allow some form of amnesty, because we cannot afford the money or the man power to ferret them while unfairly separating legal children from undocumented parents and relatives, and we can't just ask them to leave and expect them to go. True... a lot are working under false SS#s, but if they had been granted the same respite as the Cubans who come here illegally, they wouldn't have to do that.

Just asking...

(SetisLady, no insult to your heritage or your family intended with this diatribe.)
Last edited by Bobbi Snow on 05-20-2010 02:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-20-2010 09:27 AM

Bobbi Snow wrote: Can someone please explain to me the difference... between Cubans who wish to escape from Castro and Cuba to the U.S. so they can work hard for more money and have a better life as well as be with family, and Latinos who wish to escape poverty, drug cartels, and be with family while they work hard to earn more money to have a better life

I don't see any difference Bobbi.
(SetisLady, no insult to your heritage or your family intended with this diatribe.)
None taken :)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 05-20-2010 10:59 AM

I do believe the difference is to be found in that they want to become Americans. They adapt to the American way of life and don't demand all the freebies while NOT doing anything.

The problem with illegals coming across the southern border (and they aren't all Mexicans), they do not want to adapt.

Take a good look at the Fed jails to get a prime example. The rise in prisoners - illegals who have committed crimes - not just talking about crime if illegal entry - has risen dramatically and yes Latino. That should tell you something very important.

We have legal workers cards available, and the laws should be followed. They want to work - fine, follow the legal route.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-20-2010 06:23 PM

Arizona GOP Primary for Governor: Support for Brewer Soars
Thursday, May 20, 2010

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, following her signing and passionate defense of the state’s new immigration law, now claims 45% of the vote in the state’s Republican Primary field. That’s a 19-point gain from a month ago and puts her well ahead of all her challengers.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... r_governor

Personally, I think the federal government should shut down Rasmussen Reports before it spreads more dangerous information.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-20-2010 07:33 PM

Hey, look! Democratic Representative Hastings references "so-called" Americans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0l4GMlr ... r_embedded

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-20-2010 08:04 PM

HB3 wrote: Personally, I think the federal government should shut down Rasmussen Reports before it spreads more dangerous information.

A technique of schooling and scolding progressives with sarcasm (maybe) - may be an effective method for bringing forth some issues.

Imo - this loses any value it may have as you do not opt to shed a similar light on the doings of the conservatives. As you become a 'johnny one note' - you lose credibility.

It is also a scald that many here no longer choose to deal with - and discussion has ground to a halt in the P&G forums.

Is that a strategy - or an unintended consequence?

Chasing serious discussion off through bombast and hyperbole has been a concern of yourself and others here - certainly. So - what I am wondering at this point is - what is your point? Or is that your point?

Whatever your point is in continuing this (and I will extend the benefit of doubt here) - this is having a chilling effect on discussion.

If it is an agenda - I am concerned.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-20-2010 09:05 PM

oh oh...

Would like to understand, and not trying to be overbearing here. Perhaps strategy is a more politic characterization than agenda.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 05-20-2010 09:43 PM

Linnea wrote: oh oh...

Would like to understand, and not trying to be overbearing here. Perhaps strategy is a more politic characterization than agenda.
Sorry, I would just call it likes i sees it.....

vindictive hate speak to incite violence

-or-

the immature rambelings just trying to stir fecal material with nothing behind it but wanting lulz....
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-20-2010 09:53 PM

When they are done with the Mexicans who are they going to target next ? And their will be another target, make no mistake. Not going to waste alot of time and effort in this thread because there is no talking to a closed mind. When this Country starts jailing the executives that break the law and hire "illegals" then I will take those that support immigration control seriously. Don't hear that much.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 05-20-2010 09:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”