What IS getting done in Washington?

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

What IS getting done in Washington?

Post by SETIsLady » 07-10-2010 12:03 AM

I have a question does anyone know what is getting done in Washington ? I don't want to talk about the President I would like to know what is getting done to better this Country by those that are supposed to be working as well ?

GOP and the Dems, I would like hear something else other than its the Presidents job. There are hundreds of others being paid to work as well what are they doing ?

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 07-10-2010 12:26 AM

Well, the Census 2010 seems to be on track. Which will change the makeup of CONgress. With Texas probably getting 4 additional seats, I am not sure that's a good thing.:D

It will also change the makeup of the Electoral College beginning in 2012.

Other than that I can't think of a thing.:cool:
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-10-2010 04:25 AM

Psychicwolf wrote: Well, the Census 2010 seems to be on track. Which will change the makeup of CONgress. With Texas probably getting 4 additional seats, I am not sure that's a good thing.:D

It will also change the makeup of the Electoral College beginning in 2012.

Other than that I can't think of a thing.:cool:

Medicare is expanding the rules by which they are resticting American's access to healthcare by requiring that - in order for healthcare facilities to be paid - we force patients to make multiple return trips for procedures on separate days of service.

The US Post Office wants to raise the price of postage (again) because they are bloated and can't think outside the box.

The Penatgon is petitioning the government to allow unmanned drones to fly over your (and everyone else's) house
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-10-2010 10:20 AM

and the memos about higher taxes and more taxes are circulating in various offices in DC.

In one office - fewer individuals will be able to apply for and receive SSI --

Gov't employees who complain about work or etc will lose more often -- especially if its supposedly race or gender bias stuff --

the lame duck congress (well they are already calling themselves lame duck) - planning to pass all the legislation they can push through - in DEC --

Oh ya and they plan to adjourn earlier (late July) than Aug month...

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”