Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Just tymely

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2013 02:13 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: I see a banning in your future..:fortune:

Or at least a stern cold shoulder.

:crazyjump
Now waitaminnit Dale... what you're saying is, there's Deucers lurking about these decks?

IIRC the vast majority took a vow to leave and never look back.

Besides, even if they didn't really mean what they said, they oughta think twice if they want to ban me - I don't have any animus against anyone there (excepting the resident terrorist flaming-bottle thrower, that is), all I'm sayin' is culturally 'locking-down' the place as the founders and their followers have has done nothing for the site's long term survival -

Clearly, their 'cohesive' core has collapsed in the time since inception... Would you believe even as I've risen to Number 9 on their all-time poster list, I betcha for a time there before I cut back I ranked among the Top Five CURRENT active members on-average, on a weekly appearance basis (in contrast to folks popping in on an even more weakly basis)?

Yeah, sure! Make me walk the plank. That'll do a lot of good, hey? As opposed to next to none, at least I'm willing to show up SOME of the time - Now folks, Yours Truly here ain't sayin' he's the life of the party, but it's been kinda tough for him to find any sign of one there - either the life of, OR the party. As it is, for racehorse most nights in the (not-so-Original) RR he's hosting a party of one, and that's including himself.

The place ain't dead but as time wears on? Bit by bit and little by little, it's approaching doornail territory.

BenSlain
Pirate

Re: Re: Just tymely

Post by BenSlain » 01-12-2013 02:45 PM

Riddick wrote:

Yeah, sure! Make me walk the plank. That'll do a lot of good, hey? As opposed to next to none, at least I'm willing to show up SOME of the time

See. That's where you're confused. Thinking they care.;)

One wrong word and it would be ariva derchi roma and chow baby!
Last edited by BenSlain on 01-12-2013 04:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Just tymely

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2013 03:33 PM

BenSlain wrote: See. That's where your confused. Thinking they care.;)
One of my personal shortcomings, I'll have to admit.

Then again, could be some otherwise disinterested Deucers would care enough to show up for a good old-fashioned planking eh?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-12-2013 07:03 PM

Just as an observer it is interesting how he faithfully night after night mans that room with constant replay and most night to himself.
A man's character is his fate

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-12-2013 07:32 PM

Diogenes wrote: Sounds like some bad blood big time
Yes and its quite understandable!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing that honest letter from Art with us!

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 01-12-2013 07:59 PM

I knew my ears were burning for a reason. :) Anyway.

Yes, Art's post that Skookum posted at my place did originate from CoastGab. Being it by far the most active Coast forum on the 'net proves that above anything, people's number one passion is to complain.

You know when i don't like a show anymore, being it on TV or on the radio, i just stop watching/listening to it. I don't go on, literally for years, complaining on how bad it is.

I move on.

To this day i will never understand why that particular group from here found it necessary to form the FF2. Sometimes i feel bad for Racehorse, pretty much posting to himself in their Live Room, without any participation or support from the other founding members of that group. But then i remind myself that it was his choice to abandon this place.

Oh well. That's all i had to say. :)
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-13-2013 11:55 AM

Well hopefully they will come home to FF :) (None of us did anything to them)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2013 12:21 PM

It hurt us all when the FF2 was formed, but let's not go on about it here. Those members have never been planked here or faced any sort of repercussions. They are welcome back whenever they like.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2013 04:22 PM

Fan wrote: It hurt us all when the FF2 was formed, but let's not go on about it here. Those members have never been planked here or faced any sort of repercussions. They are welcome back whenever they like.

I thought it was kinda weird when I initially got an invite from Shirleypal and Linda because a that time I hadn't been a member her all that long, and hadn't posted much.....

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-13-2013 04:51 PM

Not to harp on this general topic, Fan, but as you say anyone IS welcome back I can say I'm all for that -- THOUGH with one bombastic reservation, AND on the whole, I'm not too terribly keen to see things go back to JUST the way they were...

VOguy often compared foruming to socializing at a bar: the ones with a prevailing culture they can feel comfortable enough with, to one degree or another folks will frequent. Still over time, a bar may find itself with a group of patrons that dominate the place and harass those who pursue arguments against their line of thinking.

The manager may decide that's cool and even overlook the out-of-line behavior of his "best" customers, at the same time regularly ejecting rule infringers who aren't part of the 'in' crowd. One day though, the bar's regulars come to the door and find a sign that reads "Under New Management" - and in the minds of the in-crowders, the message is "The Party's Over".

Rather than risk seeing their superior social status stripped, and faced with the prospect of Paradise Lost, the solution is to open their own bar.

Yet such a move CAN bring with it problems, among them being over time, people from the original place who AREN'T high in the social order who initially make the migration over to the new bar (as well as any new folks who drop in) may decide that the place is a little too culturally stifled to suit their taste -

Overall activity at the bar beings to dwindle. Sans sufficient quantities of 'second-class citizens' to reliably and regularly assert their social superiority over, the hardest of hardcore clique members find their interest in 'community involvement' waning as well.

Meanwhile, back at the original bar, one finds the activity vacuum that was left in the wake of the clique's departure has more or less been filled by folks who stayed, along with new and returning patrons who had shied away previously in part because of the (now far less) stifling social atmosphere.

When you took over the reigns here, Fan, the FFolks who couldn't deal it did what they felt they had to do.

OTOH, I have a hard time seeing how the way things have worked out here under your management has at all greatly displeased those who've stayed on and come aboard since the split.

Speaking for myself, I prefer forums that are laid-back and NOT thick with clique knowhutImean?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-13-2013 05:35 PM

I get it - really no one likes a bully but many folks will just let them take over and keep on keeping on as they are intimidated to call it like it is and push back.

When the Mayordomo leads the pack in whatever obnoxious behavior and goings on occur one can either stay and put up with such foolishness or simply walk away.
Last edited by Diogenes on 01-13-2013 05:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-13-2013 06:24 PM

I think what Riddick is saying is he needs a beer.

Why am I the only one who sees these things?:cool:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-13-2013 07:32 PM

He may need a beer but I need an Old Fashioned:coolhat:

Riddick
Pirate

Beer is Good

Post by Riddick » 01-14-2013 07:16 PM

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 01-15-2013 01:12 AM

I'll tip my glass of Korbel to that!
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”