Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-17-2012 11:36 AM

Riddick wrote: "And Now For Something Completely Indifferent"

THE SHOW SO FAR ---

Chronology
: The Benghazi Attack And The Fallout
A look at the events surrounding the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, and the controversy that followed

Stay Tuned for MORE of
"Barack Obama's Flying Circus"
Somehow I think Candy Crowley should be noted in this chronology - her place in this was pivotal I would say.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-17-2012 12:02 PM

Riddick wrote: "And Now For Something Completely Indifferent"

THE SHOW SO FAR ---

Chronology
: The Benghazi Attack And The Fallout
A look at the events surrounding the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, and the controversy that followed

Stay Tuned for MORE of
"Barack Obama's Flying Circus"
Somehow I think Candy Crowley should be noted in this chronology - her place in this was pivotal I would say.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-17-2012 05:46 PM

Diogenes wrote: Somehow I think Candy Crowley should be noted in this chronology - her place in this was pivotal I would say.
Well, it is interesting how the story mentions Biden's "we weren't told" statement at the VP debate, but totally bypasses the whole business with Crowley at the second Presidential debate...

So much as it doesn't do much to enhance the reputation of journalism in general, maybe NPR didn't want to "muddy the waters" even more by bringing it up.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-17-2012 08:10 PM

Riddick wrote: Well, it is interesting how the story mentions Biden's "we weren't told" statement at the VP debate, but totally bypasses the whole business with Crowley at the second Presidential debate...

So much as it doesn't do much to enhance the reputation of journalism in general, maybe NPR didn't want to "muddy the waters" even more by bringing it up.

Aiding and abetting their compatriot.

Some days it seems to me the situations I find note worthy are not perceived as such by the masses.

I believe they call that "out of touch".:( By the way which I acknowledge.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-01-2013 12:44 PM

First, it was a stomach virus. Then, dehydration followed by a concussion.

Now? A blood clot. Near the brain.

Hillary's met with more than her share of wellness issues lately. It's surely no longer a question of whether or not she'll testify on Benghazi... At this rate, she'll be lucky to leave office alive.

Hard as health threats and the risk of exiting the State Department feet first may be on a person, still, as Super Chicken tells his aide Fred she'll just have to overlook it -

She knew how dangerous the job was when she took it!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-23-2013 04:17 PM

Hillary's all better now... And, as Rachel Maddow observes: "After watching the hearing this morning, it looks to me like she's more than prepared to respond to whatever the administration's critics want to throw at her."

In other words, the ends have justified the means... Get over it!

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-23-2013 10:11 PM

ALL THE WORLD IS A STAGE:eek:

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-24-2013 12:04 PM

Doka wrote: ALL THE WORLD IS A STAGE:eek:

Yup. As Hillary noted - "no one" informed her about the repeated requests for assistance.

I'm wondering what low-level clerk took it upon him/ herself to decide that not only was this information not worth bothering the secretary over, but also that their repeated requests for aid amounted to nothing more than incessant whining.....

Also wondering if it was a comfort to the deceased family members to know that their boss had so little control over her own department.....

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-24-2013 12:33 PM

OK so the R's delivered tough questions and the D's went easy.

The R's are accused of being partisan while the D's are thoughtful.

Sick sick sick of this crap. Where are the respected statespersons who comprise a committe and ask questions for the reason of the incident - is it worthy of investigation and if so we ask questions relavant and pertinent to the situation irrespective of the political persuasion.

Hillary's rant about what difference now does it make and blah blah blah was disappointing and in fact at one point she reiterated she is the Secretary of State and her smirking during Johnsons questioning said to me she is above it all - above being questioned and on her way out and she doesn't have to put up with this crap from anyone.

So much for that 2 or 3 am call.

Further in the real world of employment (Realiville) as Rand Paul said she should have been relieved of her post.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-25-2013 06:43 AM

Diogenes wrote:

Sick sick sick of this crap. Where are the respected statespersons who comprise a committe and ask questions for the reason of the incident - is it worthy of investigation and if so we ask questions relavant and pertinent to the situation irrespective of the political persuasion.

The American voters don't want statesmen/ women anymore. After a generation being raised on shock radio/ tv, Faux News and American Idol, they want direct conflict with escapsism - even in their politics.

Many people today don't even know basic civics and don't want to know. We live in a very selfish society that demands instant gratification. If we were to look around the world and take a look at some of the leading foreign political figures of the 20th century, such as Dag Hammarskjöld and, say Václav Havel, and compare them and their lives to the American politicians of today and the baggage they carry - and the superficial demands the American public places on them, we'd truly be amazed at how low we've sunk as a society.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-25-2013 11:20 AM

Do they even TEACH civics in school any more?

Or do they just teach whatever the current administration wants kids to know -- A is good B is bad so they just ignore reality....

and then hmm see some breaking news one minute that is about something unconstitutional - and 3 minutes later - the news disappears...

government -- keep the people ignorant that those in various positions are not doing their job...just getting paid, and the underlings don't inform them about 'disastrous problems' that are part of the job responsibilities?

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-25-2013 12:01 PM

Take a look at Hillary's glasses,looking direct at the picture, the left lense(her right eye). I saw this discussed on another forum, so it is not mine. Some have said it is anything from a "teleprompter" to something for a bad eye. Since on dial-up, I haven't seen the clip, but they said she "fiddled" with the glasses a lot.

Just found it "interesting"!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1247375
Last edited by Doka on 01-25-2013 01:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-25-2013 02:23 PM

I saw that at the inauguration - it's a Fesnel lens for double vision - on Drudge today

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-25-2013 03:27 PM

Doka wrote: Take a look at Hillary's glasses,looking direct at the picture, the left lense(her right eye). I saw this discussed on another forum, so it is not mine. Some have said it is anything from a "teleprompter" to something for a bad eye. Since on dial-up, I haven't seen the clip, but they said she "fiddled" with the glasses a lot.

Just found it "interesting"!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1247375

Well I tried. But I have a 25 inch monitor and when that face appeared in all it's high def glory I just couldn't take it. I mean.....I just had lunch.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-25-2013 08:09 PM

Can you see it now:D

Return to “Global”