"Art Bell's Dark Matter"

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 08-02-2013 07:51 AM

BenSlain wrote: So Apparently Art is going to have his own forum. Probably be a over crowded mess.

That isn't the case.
If you are referring to the site in my signature, then it is a community that I will be running.

Keith has told me that he will not get back into running a forum at ArtBell.com. It remains the official site. ArtBell.com will be powered by WordPress and comments will be allowed. The screenshots I have seen are very nice.

Since the day that Art made the announcement I have been in private contact with him via Facebook. For years I haven’t wanted to run a community. There wasn't an ounce of passion (for that) remaining in my entirety. Art Bell relit the passion.

Not only in myself, but in many of us right here!

Fan made a more than generous offer of allowing me to make a thread to announce this. Obviously I added on a signature and didn’t expect anyone to notice for a while. But here you go, faster than a snail with a jet attached to its back. HA

These are exciting times.
A fresh start for everyone.

If Fan is still offering then I will make an official announcement in a separate thread. Where I will be more than happy to field any questions.
Last edited by CoastZone on 08-02-2013 10:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 08-02-2013 12:17 PM

CoastZone wrote: If Fan is still offering then I will make an official announcement in a separate thread. Where I will be more than happy to field any questions.

I don't feel any of our forums really compete, many people are members at other forums, and diversity of choice is good for all of us. I don't mind people promoting their (non-commercial) sites as long as it is reciprocal. You tell our members about you, you (or we) tell your members about us. Win/win.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 08-02-2013 01:11 PM

Fan wrote: I don't feel any of our forums really compete, many people are members at other forums, and diversity of choice is good for all of us. I don't mind people promoting their (non-commercial) sites as long as it is reciprocal. You tell our members about you, you (or we) tell your members about us. Win/win.

I agree. In todays world it is more about the social aspect than being competitive. We are Art Bell listeners and fans.
That is what brought us all together to begin with.

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 08-02-2013 01:16 PM

And you never know who and announcement of a return might bring back lurking around. I have a feeling all the forums old and new will thrive.

Not Sam
Life is short drink good coffee.

Rocco
Pirate

Post by Rocco » 08-02-2013 01:55 PM

Back in 1994, my wife Jill and I left traditional society and became full time RVers. Our very first job was taking care of an isolated campground in Nevada (Angel Lake).

We had to open the area a month before tourist season and had only a radio in our popup trailer. It was then that we came across Art Bell's show: Dreamland. Wow we were hooked. Jill loved the show and we would go through the night with the stars overhead and listening to Art. Dreamland (Sunday nights) was so popular that Art decided to do the paranormal show 6 days a week.

Jill passed away 12/21/2011 and I often wonder if she found her way to any of those amazing events that Art and his guests talked about.

I am thrilled that Art decided to go back on the air.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 08-02-2013 03:07 PM

Rocco wrote: Back in 1994, my wife Jill and I left traditional society and became full time RVers. Our very first job was taking care of an isolated campground in Nevada (Angel Lake).

We had to open the area a month before tourist season and had only a radio in our popup trailer. It was then that we came across Art Bell's show: Dreamland. Wow we were hooked. Jill loved the show and we would go through the night with the stars overhead and listening to Art. Dreamland (Sunday nights) was so popular that Art decided to do the paranormal show 6 days a week.

Jill passed away 12/21/2011 and I often wonder if she found her way to any of those amazing events that Art and his guests talked about.

I am thrilled that Art decided to go back on the air.

Thanks for sharing Rocco, and welcome to the forum! What a perfect way to discover Art and I think we all have similar stories. Myself I got into a group that had started listening to Dreamland, and we used to get together and hang out to listen together, and the friendships I made then have lasted. Online I met a similar group of friends, and that has blossomed out into my getting involved here and at another large forum. Art bell fans are interesting and intelligent.

Here's to Jill and Rocco, the pirates raise their grog in salute!

:pirateboa
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 08-02-2013 05:11 PM

Welcome to the ship, Rocco!
I'm sorry to hear you lost Jill in 2011.

Art Bell has brought a lot of people together in varying communities from varying lifestyles. He's like the glue that makes everything hold together.

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 08-02-2013 06:28 PM

I see on Keith's artbell.com facebook page today he posted this message:
Art Bell.com: Waiting for e-mail account setup for the producer. Sirius is a little slow about it. You will be able to send suggestions for guests directly to the producer.

That doesn't sound very good if Art is using a staff with producer to pick guests and run his new show. Art used to run c2c all by himself (with some help from Ramona only) and no producers or staff.
I hope this isn't going to be like how Noory runs c2c with producer Tommy and a staff that does all the work like picking guests and bumper music.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-02-2013 06:46 PM

BenSlain wrote: So Apparently Art is going to have his own forum. Probably be a over crowded mess.

I wish him luck. I like zoos, but only to walk around an look at the animals.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-02-2013 07:39 PM

CoastZone wrote: That isn't the case.
If you are referring to the site in my signature, then it is a community that I will be running.

Keith has told me that he will not get back into running a forum at ArtBell.com. It remains the official site. ArtBell.com will be powered by WordPress and comments will be allowed. The screenshots I have seen are very nice.

Since the day that Art made the announcement I have been in private contact with him via Facebook. For years I haven’t wanted to run a community. There wasn't an ounce of passion (for that) remaining in my entirety. Art Bell relit the passion.

Not only in myself, but in many of us right here!

Fan made a more than generous offer of allowing me to make a thread to announce this. Obviously I added on a signature and didn’t expect anyone to notice for a while. But here you go, faster than a snail with a jet attached to its back. HA

These are exciting times.
A fresh start for everyone.

If Fan is still offering then I will make an official announcement in a separate thread. Where I will be more than happy to field any questions.

Ahhh....that's great then.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

cns
Pirate

Post by cns » 08-02-2013 08:14 PM

JimWest wrote: I see on Keith's artbell.com facebook page today he posted this message:
Art Bell.com: Waiting for e-mail account setup for the producer. Sirius is a little slow about it. You will be able to send suggestions for guests directly to the producer.

That doesn't sound very good if Art is using a staff with producer to pick guests and run his new show. Art used to run c2c all by himself (with some help from Ramona only) and no producers or staff.
I hope this isn't going to be like how Noory runs c2c with producer Tommy and a staff that does all the work like picking guests and bumper music.

Not necessarily. It is my understanding that Ramona did a lot of the back end work. So Art will need some help in those areas.

Submitting guest suggestions to a producer does not mean that Art will not pick guests. It probably means that Art will get a list of suggestions to chose from in addition to guests he wants to have on the show.

Patience. Don't panic!
Last edited by cns on 08-02-2013 11:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Just two things that money can't buy. . .'n that's true love and home grown tomatoes. . . . . . John Denver (?)

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 08-02-2013 09:35 PM

JimWest wrote: I see on Keith's artbell.com facebook page today he posted this message:

The thing I love about Mr. Art Bell is his ability to interview any one and pull the interesting thread out of them. That is why open lines with Art were so grate any caller could be a gem. Lets enjoy what we get I know I want to take a ride.

Not Sam
Life is short drink good coffee.

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 08-02-2013 09:43 PM

Remember when people would call in and didn't know #1 they were on the air & #2 they were speaking with Art.

He always had fun with those.
Like a time he pretended to be working for a pizza place.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 08-02-2013 10:14 PM

"Is this Art???"

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-02-2013 11:20 PM

HB3 wrote: "Is this Art???"

No. I believe it's Bob. From days gone by.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”