Art Bell's "Dark Matter" -- Oct. 8th w/ Onaron &am

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 10-14-2013 10:13 PM

:crazyjump :crazyjump GO ART:crazyjump :crazyjump not that im taking sides
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-23-2013 10:30 AM

It is like little kids fighting.

Starting the show now, but I am sure I will turn it off soon because Hogue and Nostradamus is... not something... I think... is relevant :)
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-23-2013 11:26 AM

Art just said the "US manufactures reasons to go to war". Who is the wingnut now?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-23-2013 12:51 PM

I seem to have my "dense" cap on.
Art just said the "US manufactures reasons to go to war". Who is the wingnut now?

What does that mean, sort of? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-23-2013 01:48 PM

OK, after giving it some thought. This is true, at times, we where definitely, led into wars, also. So the destruction of America will be met with great joy by some, but then what do you have?
:confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-23-2013 02:10 PM

Doka wrote: OK, after giving it some thought. This is true, at times, we where definitely, led into wars, also. So the destruction of America will be met with great joy by some, but then what do you have?
:confused:

It means the USA lies and fakes attacks against itself to get into wars. We have a lot of proof of this, from the Tonkin to Northwoods to Yellow Cake to WMD to Osama to 911 to any other reason we have used to bomb people.

I am sure Art is only talking about "old" stuff, but it has only accelerated since it worked so well in Vietnam, Laos, WW2, etc etc ad nauseum. If you accept we did it then, you have to accept it is still going on, we have increased our spies and agent provocateurs by a factor of 100 since then.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-23-2013 03:14 PM

but then what do you have?

Perhaps I am thinking too far ahead? After the "Power" has been removed from the United States, as I believe it will "Be" removed. What country will to be blamed then? Just because the teeth of the US is removed, I do not believe we will end being a "war planet" per say. Who will be the next war nation? Your thoughts?
KARMA RULES

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-23-2013 03:31 PM

Doka wrote: Perhaps I am thinking too far ahead? After the "Power" has been removed from the United States, as I believe it will "Be" removed. What country will to be blamed then? Just because the teeth of the US is removed, I do not believe we will end being a "war planet" per say. Who will be the next war nation? Your thoughts?

The next war leader? Whoever the superpower is, or the coalition of superpowers. Governments have learned you can control the population through fear and lies. This is not going to change. The US just showed how to do it right, to get away with it absolutely while only having to assassinate directly a small number of people.

I don't think anything is going to be "removed", we are killing the countries we live in ourselves through our apathy and lack of education and empathy among other things. No one has to take away something we are throwing away already.

We are already a war planet really. When was the last time you were not "at war"? Not in our lifetimes, nor our parents'.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-24-2013 03:12 PM

When was the last time you were not "at war"? Not in our lifetimes, nor our parents'.

I don't think you will ever find a time when a war was not going on, the very small to the very large wars.

They say that we have gone through maybe 7 to 10 civilizations before us, some a whole lot smarter and more technically inclined than ourselves. Yet with, even all those civilizations there is in myth or fact more wars. So you may or not see what the parameters that we have to work with. It almost comes down to a personal thing on how we may live our lives, with out the wars, being fought in our own front yard. We as Americans have been very fortunate in that respect, but then we are the "baby" country of the world, only 250plus years old.

http://www.ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=62
http://io9.com/5928085/10-civilizations ... cumstances
KARMA RULES

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-25-2013 10:01 AM

Doka wrote: I don't think you will ever find a time when a war was not going on, the very small to the very large wars.

They say that we have gone through maybe 7 to 10 civilizations before us, some a whole lot smarter and more technically inclined than ourselves. Yet with, even all those civilizations there is in myth or fact more wars. So you may or not see what the parameters that we have to work with. It almost comes down to a personal thing on how we may live our lives, with out the wars, being fought in our own front yard. We as Americans have been very fortunate in that respect, but then we are the "baby" country of the world, only 250plus years old.

http://www.ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=62
http://io9.com/5928085/10-civilizations ... cumstances

Yes, but you are only talking about the USA. Spain is not at war. Sweden, the Philippines, Bhutan, Portugal, etc etc... The world has only been at war twice, and I was not alive then.

It is the USA that is perpetually at war (in fact the US doesn't bother with "war" (except on nebulous things you can't fight a war against like drugs, terror and obesity) any more, they just go attack people for no reason and invade foreign sovereign airspace and countries), and it sucks its allies in with it. Then, actual threats like Mexican gangs are ignored and allowed to pretty much do as they please. Because if there is one thing the US likes more than war, it is money (wars make money of course). The US economy depends on the free flow of drugs and foreign blood for money.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-25-2013 11:49 AM

Yes, but you are only talking about the USA.

Whoops! I didn't know I was just talking about the USA? :huhsmile:
KARMA RULES

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 10-25-2013 06:25 PM

Fan wrote: Yes, but you are only talking about the USA. Spain is not at war. Sweden, the Philippines, Bhutan, Portugal, etc etc... The world has only been at war twice, and I was not alive then.

It is the USA that is perpetually at war (in fact the US doesn't bother with "war" (except on nebulous things you can't fight a war against like drugs, terror and obesity) any more, they just go attack people for no reason and invade foreign sovereign airspace and countries), and it sucks its allies in with it. Then, actual threats like Mexican gangs are ignored and allowed to pretty much do as they please. Because if there is one thing the US likes more than war, it is money (wars make money of course). The US economy depends on the free flow of drugs and foreign blood for money.

See I happen to agree with you Fan. For some reason our government seems to think it is ok to go to war under the cry of "in our best interest." We also think it is acceptable to be the police of the world under the cry of "Somebody oughtta do something." I don't get it really and I wonder why we as a country that elects our officials in government allow this to go on.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-25-2013 11:49 PM

Doka wrote: Whoops! I didn't know I was just talking about the USA? :huhsmile:

I know I am being inflammatory, I am sorry, but many US (and canajin) citizens see things only from their perspective. Most of the rest of the world is not at war, they are afraid.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-25-2013 11:50 PM

Lore wrote: See I happen to agree with you Fan. For some reason our government seems to think it is ok to go to war under the cry of "in our best interest." We also think it is acceptable to be the police of the world under the cry of "Somebody oughtta do something." I don't get it really and I wonder why we as a country that elects our officials in government allow this to go on.
I think that is the first time someone agrees with me. You get +10 Fan points, redeemable at an indeterminate point in the future for obamacare or carbon credits.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-25-2013 11:52 PM

I don't get it really and I wonder why we as a country that elects our officials in government allow this to go on.

Somewhere along the way, the government of the people went away. Most have no idea what is going on, they are just trying to survive the best they can. It is and always, will be about those who have the power and your money. I have no power to stop them, do you? Allow? Tyranny, has never asked for permission nor will it. :(
KARMA RULES

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”