The Other Political Scandal: 'Forkgate'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The Other Political Scandal: 'Forkgate'

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2014 01:12 PM

Mayor gets a slice of New York's mind after Bill de Blasio uses cutlery to eat pizza
LINK

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-12-2014 03:38 PM

GEE I use a fork at times with my pizza - especially when just hot out of the oven. OK only first couple of pieces... far easier to "blow" on the hot hot pizza to be able to eat than try to pick it up and burn your fingers!

:)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2014 10:14 AM

oh my, I always use cutlery. I like to have antipasto to pickled eggplant with it, and you can't do that hand only.

Who are these people demanding he hand eat? Savages, that is who :)
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 01-13-2014 11:12 AM

Growing up in the shadow of NYC and having lived all around the USA I can see why people not form the NYC area don't get this. How ever in the NYC area you grab a slice fold it in half and eat. It is the way that it is done. The mayor might as well have declared himself a Red Socks fan.
Life is short drink good coffee.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2014 11:16 AM

Sam.I'm.Not wrote: Growing up in the shadow of NYC and having lived all around the USA I can see why people not form the NYC area don't get this. How ever in the NYC area you grab a slice fold it in half and eat. It is the way that it is done. The mayor might as well have declared himself a Red Socks fan.

We used to have $0.99 pizza places everywhere, they made pizza with paper thin crust, and almost no toppings on it. This is drunk pizza or student pizza. That stuff, yeah, you fold it up and cram it in your pizza-hole.

Maybe NYC pizza is drunk pizza. They should come to MTL and see what pizza should be like :) Just don't go to BC - they put pineapple on everything. I went to places where all-dressed pizza had pineapple on it. Yech!
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 01-13-2014 11:42 AM

I have had good types of pizza threw out North America NY pizza is a wonder into itself it is simmaler to what you call drunk pizza but better in every way. My cravings for a good NY style slice have lead me to work out how to make it at home no that I live to far to get it made properly. However that dose not take away form the many other wonderful styles of pizza I have had many of witch require a knife and fork.

I hope can all agree how ever not matter how you make the pizza what shape how it is sliced or eaten Pineapple should be no ware near a pizza.

I think I will be making a white pie with shrimp fresh basil sliced garlic and lemon to nite. It will be thin and I will fold it.

Not Sam

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2014 11:45 AM

Sam.I'm.Not wrote: I think I will be making a white pie with shrimp fresh basil sliced garlic and lemon to nite. It will be thin and I will fold it.

Not Sam

YUM.

A little crumbled feta maybe :)

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 01-13-2014 01:01 PM

Maybe we should be moving this to food.

I have done it with and with out feta both are good. The key how ever is use only about a tablespoon of sauce and put the basil and the garlic under the cheese(so it dose not burn) then cut the lemon in to 1/8th inch then remove the rind and separate the wedges and sprinckel on the pizza.

Not Sam

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-13-2014 03:14 PM

Best pizza ever in North Beach - San Francisco.
A man's character is his fate

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2014 03:18 PM

Diogenes wrote: Best pizza ever in North Beach - San Francisco.

but do you roll it up to eat it?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2014 04:49 PM

Fan wrote: Just don't go to BC - they put pineapple on everything. I went to places where all-dressed pizza had pineapple on it. Yech!

I think they started this abomination because Hawaii is close to us and a popular holiday destination for BC folks. Pineapple on pizza is awful. A lot of places have stopped putting it on the all dressed pizza unless requested to. You'd be amazed at how popular it is. Weird!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2014 05:21 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I think they started this abomination because Hawaii is close to us and a popular holiday destination for BC folks. Pineapple on pizza is awful. A lot of places have stopped putting it on the all dressed pizza unless requested to. You'd be amazed at how popular it is. Weird!

It is one of the reasons I moved out of BC. I could not find pizza without it. I got told more than once to just pick it off... but they leak all over and make the pizza sweet. I think it is a stoner thing.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2014 07:21 PM

Fan wrote: It is one of the reasons I moved out of BC. I could not find pizza without it. I got told more than once to just pick it off... but they leak all over and make the pizza sweet. I think it is a stoner thing.

I think it came about during the 70's when people were into giving "theme" parties and Hawaii was a common theme. People would bring food dishes laced with pineapple. Some brilliant person must have laced pizza with pineapple and it caught on. They may have laced food with pot too but you won't find that in a pizza "joint" in BC. Yet! :D

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you choose your own toppings? I haven't had pineapple on my pizza for many yrs.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 01-13-2014 09:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-13-2014 11:06 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I think it came about during the 70's when people were into giving "theme" parties and Hawaii was a common theme. People would bring food dishes laced with pineapple. Some brilliant person must have laced pizza with pineapple and it caught on. They may have laced food with pot too but you won't find that in a pizza "joint" in BC. Yet! :D

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you choose your own toppings? I haven't had pineapple on my pizza for many yrs.

It was pizza by the slice places everywhere, they don't make them on demand. It seems that here the pizza by the slice idea has gone by the wayside a little. They used to be on every corner, open till 3AM.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2014 11:51 PM

Fan wrote: It was pizza by the slice places everywhere, they don't make them on demand. It seems that here the pizza by the slice idea has gone by the wayside a little. They used to be on every corner, open till 3AM.

Yup, they are all over Vancouver and you're right they do put bloody pineapple on the individual slices.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”