My prediction Came True

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

My prediction Came True

Post by voguy » 03-24-2014 04:28 PM

It was just a matter of time, but I predicted one party or the other would back a candidate with criminal or ethics issue. The winner is the republican party, but I think it won't be long till the democrats also show their colors. As hard as it is to say, I think in our lifetime we'll see a candidate backed who had ties to molestation or other serious crimes. People are too eager to back their own sides than to see it for what it's worth.

LINK
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-24-2014 04:53 PM

Are you an American citizen with demonstrable ethics issues and/or a long criminal record?

If so, Congratulations! You're now pre-qualified to be a major party political candidate!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-24-2014 04:56 PM

Hey.... he might have a constituency...... :rolleyes:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-24-2014 05:31 PM

That's an easy prediction, Voguy, for both parties. The real task is trying to find a politician, running for any thing, that does NOT have a questionable record, questionable ethics, or just a plain criminal background in recent history? :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-25-2014 01:22 PM

Doka wrote: That's an easy prediction, Voguy, for both parties. The real task is trying to find a politician, running for any thing, that does NOT have a questionable record, questionable ethics, or just a plain criminal background in recent history? :)

Or how about those in office who commit crimes and not endicted - Charley Rangel for one.
A man's character is his fate

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-26-2014 05:00 PM

Doka wrote: That's an easy prediction, Voguy, for both parties. The real task is trying to find a politician, running for any thing, that does NOT have a questionable record, questionable ethics, or just a plain criminal background in recent history? :)

Reminds me of that story...
Can you imagine working at this outfit. It has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse.

7 have been arrested for fraud.

19 have been accused of writing bad checks.

117 have bankrupted at least two businesses.

3 have been arrested for assault

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 are current defendants in lawsuits

In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving.

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

And on the "117 have bankrupted at least two businesses. I would suggest that number is much bigger based on the laws with healthcare, the economy, and banking rules favoring large corporations.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-27-2014 09:00 AM

Can you name a politician who did not have some ethical or legal problem in their past? I mean, the Bush family crimes are legendary, Barack apparently has a drug arrest record, Clinton was a major drug dealer and real estate scammer... I could go on.

This guy is a step above of course, attempted rape, manslaughter. It says he was sentenced to 12 years in 1998, so he just got out of prison 3 years ago and is now running for office? How exactly does this happen?

I am sure you have seen all the dumb news about Toronto's mayor, smoking crack etc... These people are both drunk with power, and slimy beyond belief to start with.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 03-28-2014 12:16 AM

Apparently the Toronto mayor is very popular. And the polls show the majority of the people would vote him back in. This just backs up my point I made here a few years back. People are idiots . Most people don't vote. (Thank God) and of the ones that do over half are clueless people that can't see more than a day in advance and will believe anything you tell them. We would be better off if 80 percent of the earths population would just go away.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-28-2014 12:37 AM

BenSlain wrote: We would be better off if 80 percent of the earths population would just go away.
That may well be Ben. Trouble is I have my doubts 8 out of 10 people would wanna go voluntarily. If only there was some serious incentive eh? I guess if life was miserable enough, death would be welcome.

In any case, the way it's going could be our leaders are already working on it. On the QT of course.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-28-2014 02:42 AM

Fan wrote: Can you name a politician who did not have some ethical or legal problem in their past? I mean, the Bush family crimes are legendary, Barack apparently has a drug arrest record, Clinton was a major drug dealer and real estate scammer... I could go on.

This guy is a step above of course, attempted rape, manslaughter. It says he was sentenced to 12 years in 1998, so he just got out of prison 3 years ago and is now running for office? How exactly does this happen?

I am sure you have seen all the dumb news about Toronto's mayor, smoking crack etc... These people are both drunk with power, and slimy beyond belief to start with.

As for Ford, the media had to have known during his campaign of 3 yrs ago, that he was a drug user and connected to the underworld. They chose to keep it all under wraps for political reasons. Then a murder occurred amongst the gang of thugs he was connected to and the Police Chief had no choice but to out him. Who knows what's coming down the pike for Ford? Hopefully, an orange jump suit and a set of shackles, before the media dumbed down voters have a chance to reinstate this low life moron.

At least Obama and Clinton had enough superficial class to pull the wool. Bush? He could fool some of us some of the time...but only twice. :D
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-28-2014 03:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-28-2014 06:04 AM

Raggedyann wrote: At least Obama and Clinton had enough superficial class to pull the wool. Bush? He could fool some of us some of the time...but only twice. :D
Too bad so sad for Dub eh? A glib adlib goes awry, there goes his credibility. That just shows to go the best in the business know going "off script" is asking for trouble... Any attempt at 'spontaneous' unsophisticated humor really ought be duly crafted and given a run-through with handlers prior to the Prez putting it out for public consumption.

'Course, even then pulling it off without a hitch is by NO means certain absent sufficient compensation for the risks that remain, like technical glitches - "Live by the.teleprompter, die by the teleprompter", knowhutImean??

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-28-2014 02:48 PM

Riddick wrote: Too bad so sad for Dub eh? A glib adlib goes awry, there goes his credibility.

If screwing up a quote was his only crime, wouldn't that be nice?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-28-2014 04:33 PM

Raggedyann wrote: If screwing up a quote was his only crime, wouldn't that be nice?
Nice enough I suppose, though not as nice as if politicians were universally held accountable for all the crap they do. Rules of conduct should apply to our criminal elected officials at least as much as any average person if not moreso.

In the nitty-gritty of things verbal or social gaffes are pretty petty offenses. Hardly high crimes. Generally speaking that is - Though Bush the Elder got away with puking on a foreign dignitary not only do I not know of anyplace it's accepted as a cultural norm, more likely it could be cause for an international incident.

OTOH even if such public displays were considered no more than a misdemeanor, I'd say the way he's rackin' em up? Just from the sheer number of awkward and/or tactless goof-ups Joe Biden could be America's all-time Public Enemy Number One.
Last edited by Riddick on 03-28-2014 05:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-29-2014 09:18 AM

Fan wrote: This guy is a step above of course, attempted rape, manslaughter. It says he was sentenced to 12 years in 1998, so he just got out of prison 3 years ago and is now running for office? How exactly does this happen?

And you're confident other politicians have not committed such acts, how? Keep in mind, more members of congress have been charged with felony, (subsequently dropped by technicality), than other groups of people.

Getting out and running for office proves the point. You don't run unless you have a following. The majority of party people will be more than willing to vote for "their guy" and overlook everything else, if the end meets to their desire.

As sick as it may sound, I'm still on record as saying in our lifetime there will be people who will support a person running for office with ties to child molestation. That heinous crime will be overlooked because it's "inconvenient" to the success of the candidate.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-29-2014 09:19 AM

Riddick wrote: Nice enough I suppose, though not as nice as if politicians were universally held accountable for all the crap they do.

I'm sure Mary Jo Kopechne was just going for a swim.

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”