Fantastic Forum 14th Anniversary!!!

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Fantastic Forum 14th Anniversary!!!

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 08:19 AM

Today is the day. 14 years ago the FF was started, and has sailed along all these years since.

I invite you to take some time to browse through the FF gallery where all sorts of interesting flotsam has amassed over time http://www.fantasticforum.com/gallery3/

I will be trying to dig out some seldom-seen parts of the dark-ship today to entertain and amaze.

Thank you to all who are still aboard, and to those who made the place what it is today.

:pirateboa

:grog:
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-21-2014 10:52 AM

Wow.......

thanks for the reminder and the pics. Haven't been here THAT long, but recognize many who have been. Quite a feat to keep a project such as this afloat for this long.

The old-timers deserve a HUGE thank-you!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bighug:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 11:02 AM

Some of the oldest posts from the FF have been preserved here in PDF form. You can really get a sense of the history here http://fantasticforum.com/archives/index.html
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 11:07 AM

An intro to the original crewmates, we are lucky to still have megman represent this motley crew!

http://fantasticforum.com/res_edit/ff_c ... _main.html

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 11:11 AM

The first issue of the FF newsletter: http://fantasticforum.com/1aa_newslette ... front.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-21-2014 05:35 PM

Oh, this it great Fan. Over the years I've been lucky enough to e-mail with some of the older members off-line and get some insights into things that perplexed me - either with the site itself, or tech issues. Even with the nonsense that occurs with any family, I've (and others) found that I've had a few run-ins with people over the years, but the ship always seemed to rally and come back.

I do miss many who no longer are here - either from moving on or having passed. This is a wonderful thing you're doing here. Loved the newsletter and the list of members and pics/ bios.

As the expression goes - one we use regularly in the hospital - "You cod write a book....."

Thanks again Fan!!!!!
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 05:58 PM

kbot wrote: Oh, this it great Fan. Over the years I've been lucky enough to e-mail with some of the older members off-line and get some insights into things that perplexed me - either with the site itself, or tech issues. Even with the nonsense that occurs with any family, I've (and others) found that I've had a few run-ins with people over the years, but the ship always seemed to rally and come back.

I do miss many who no longer are here - either from moving on or having passed. This is a wonderful thing you're doing here. Loved the newsletter and the list of members and pics/ bios.

As the expression goes - one we use regularly in the hospital - "You cod write a book....."

Thanks again Fan!!!!!

Hey thanks to you kbot, you are a valued member here, I love reading your great posts and your reasoned and mature approach to a wide variety of subjects.

You know, as long as the flag flies any member can pop back in and it will be like they never were not here. Such is the pirate code.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-21-2014 06:38 PM

14 years! That's longer than a lot of marriages hold together intact these days. Not to say the ship's contingent's just the way it was at the start, yet so much there's still two early crew members along for the ride using the same IDs the whole time, how about let's all give a big hand of special appreciation to both Cherry Kelly and megman for their twin long-time commitments to the One and Only Original FF!!

More or less coming in on their heels with my "Justen Tyme" handle the same month our currently some 4 months now MIA shipmate HB3 signed on in 2000, for better or for worse along with all the other changes we've seen there's been all the plankings, purgings, mutinies, mass migrations, and yet for all of that happily the ship IS STILL sailing right along.

How 'Bout DAT, FFolks...! Whereas any number of forums in that time have come and long since gone permanently stiff or sour, OR are otherwise ghost ships well on their way to Davy Jones' locker, WE'RE steady as she goes in safe and sound territory here - of course, no little thanks and credit FOR that fine firm footing these last three years going to our very own Fan the Man!

Great as its been for 14 years if indeed the best IS yet to come, bottom line insomuch I'd say there's anything to be said for a hale and hearty solid bearing being a basis for only more of the same in the future, even moreso methinks that merits some most apropos celebratory mood music from the Bedrock Piano Quintet -

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 06:49 PM

Big kudos to Cherry, Riddick, HB3 and all the "old-timers" who stuck through thick and thin.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-21-2014 07:05 PM

Fan wrote: Big kudos to Cherry, Riddick, HB3 and all the "old-timers" who stuck through thick and thin.
Pretty much the thin times I can say for sure that's true.

OTOH so much as thick, thicker and thickererist? Depending on where they were on the scale, those times I'd take leaves of varying lengths not caring to stick around only to be stuck in muck!

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-21-2014 07:08 PM

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 04-21-2014 09:02 PM

Good to see a lot of the old seadogs still around.

Actually I started hosted the Almost Live portion, which was hours before Art's show, basically for posters who couldn't handle the time zone gap.
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-22-2014 09:38 AM

Megman,

How are you doing and feeling now? Are you back at work?
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-22-2014 02:01 PM

Happy belated birthday FF. :)

Been sailing since 2003. Changed my FF name 8 yrs ago. I consider myself an "old timer", and in more ways than one.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-22-2014 06:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-22-2014 06:07 PM

squidink reporting in for 14th Anniversary grog...
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”