Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'

War, News and Stories of Iraq

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-19-2014 03:54 AM

Watching this vid made me feel ILL!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27852832

Ya right they didnt cause it!!!!!!!!!!!!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-19-2014 05:46 AM

Thousands of years worth of history of violence. The only thing that has changed is the cast of players - and the technology.

Until the people in this part of the world can agree that other people's lives are as valuable as their own, nothing will change.

Reminds me of a scene from the old Babylon 5 series:

Ivanova is in the council chamber, addressing the green and purple Drazi. She tells them that, although most of the species on Babylon 5 don't care about the conflict, they would prefer it were settled quietly. She wants to help them find a peaceful solution to their problem. She asks them what the nature of the conflict is, and they respond by saying that it is the colors of the sashes they wear. She doesn't understand, and they again respond by saying it is the colors of the sashes. She still doesn't understand the situation, especially regarding the distribution of the sashes, so the leader of the green Drazi explains further. "We put green and purple in great barrel, equal to numbers of Drazi. Then we reach in, we take. Where there was one Drazi people, now there are two. The two fight until there are one."

They further explain that leadership is determined by who takes the leader's cloth. Ivanova finds it outrageous that so much fighting could come from something so arbitrary, so she removes the purple sash from one of the Drazi wanting to be certain it is only the color of the cloth, and nothing else, that determines alignment. She places it on another Drazi, who is already wearing a green sash. Upon doing this, the Drazi suddenly erupt into violent conflict, with Ivanova trapped in the middle. During the battle, several Drazi fall on her, and she screams in pain.

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/synops/025.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 06-19-2014 11:51 PM

I hate those purple sash f***s!!!!
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-20-2014 05:46 AM

BenSlain wrote: I hate those purple sash f***s!!!!
:lolchimp:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Iraq”