Forum downtime

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-07-2015 01:26 PM

Fan wrote: I love this forum and will do everything I can to keep her afloat. I may not post here as much as I'd like, but I am always watching.

Fan, Every thing is great, you do a fine job for us here on the ship. Last week I had some other forums, I look at go down, then I read this article:

Somebody-Is-Cutting Internet Cables-Causing-Massive Outages

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ages/ar-AAcpWNz

And I seemed to remember that we had a "Lifeboat" for us here,in case something happened, that we could go to, It took me a long time find it, but I did!

One of the other forums is still using its "lifeboat" site, those without, not sure I'll see again?? Never hurts to be prepared.

Thanks again , Doka :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-07-2015 01:35 PM

Riddick wrote: Indeed, "The Deuce" is the nickname for FF2, the spinoff from the One and Only Original we have here (As can be gleaned from the entirety of post #38)...

Bottom line? NOT only IS The FF Lifeboat up and running, under NO circumstances should it EVER be confused for The Deuce, or vice versa! My 'Ahoy hoy' aside above was only meant as a comment on the FF2's ongoing ills -

Talk about a forum that could use a lifeboat - Could the folks in charge there care any LESS about the ship they supposedly look after??

Sorry for your loss of the "Deuce" , Riddick. But, I sure want to thank you for posting the address, for this forums "Lifeboat" :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-07-2015 04:05 PM

Doka wrote: Sorry for your loss of the "Deuce" , Riddick. But, I sure want to thank you for posting the address, for this forums "Lifeboat" :)
You're welcome, Doka. Way back when there was a different lifeboat site, but when I found out it was out of service I set up this one. I've hardly taken a look at it in these couple some years but I'll look in more often to make sure it's good to go when (if ever!) we need it.

Btw, I'll just say I find The Deuce's seeming demise as no big loss personally... I'd posted there again last week after a number of months away, only to discover a few days later, any and entry was blocked by the hosting service.

Dunno if the FF2 folks had a lifeboat set up for themselves, but as it is anyone who migrated there COULD always start posting here again if they wanted to...
Last edited by Riddick on 07-07-2015 04:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-16-2015 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Fan
I love this forum and will do everything I can to keep her afloat. I may not post here as much as I'd like, but I am always watching.
Im glad ya like it Fan,its a nice refreshing place to be at :)

We love ya buddy!!
Last edited by Dude111 on 04-26-2016 05:08 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Riddick
Pirate

PARANOIA

Post by Riddick » 04-26-2016 05:03 PM

Ok, folks, I dunno if any of y'all have had trouble accessing the forum today (like getting lotsa Internal Server Errors), but it's already happened enough for me that just in case it's a prelude to complete and total inaccessibility I thot I'd remind folks of the lifeboat

http://fantasticforum.freeforums.net

If the main ship goes down, 'til it comes back up I figure on headin' on over there in the interim.. feel free to stop in/sign up, everybody's welcome
Last edited by Riddick on 04-26-2016 05:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-26-2016 05:07 PM

Im sorry to hear this place is having problems!!!!!

Does Fan know????

Alot of sites seem to be having issues lately --- I DO THINK THE END OF THE INTERNET REVOLUTION IS HERE!!

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Forum downtime

Post by Riddick » 04-26-2016 05:29 PM

I just sent Fan a PM about it
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: PARANOIA

Post by kbot » 04-26-2016 06:29 PM

Riddick wrote:Ok, folks, I dunno if any of y'all have had trouble accessing the forum today (like getting lotsa Internal Server Errors), but it's already happened enough for me that just in case it's a prelude to complete and total inaccessibility I thot I'd remind folks of the lifeboat

http://fantasticforum.freeforums.net

If the main ship goes down, 'til it comes back up I figure on headin' on over there in the interim.. feel free to stop in/sign up, everybody's welcome
Tried starting an account and got blasted with ads - and after all the registration steps - can't get in. But I do get ads........ :roll:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-27-2016 12:57 AM

Wow! It's a free forum but ad supported - thing is, when I'm there I don't get a bombardment of 'em

I have two accounts, one as Admin, the other as plain ol' Riddick, and even as a vanilla user all's I get is a banner ad that's blocked (via Firefox add-on)

Since you're not even registered, I went through the process to see how it was and I didn't see a single ad blocked or not~~~

Aren't YOU the lucky one eh, kbot? Such special treatment, 'course no one really wants it. Anyhoo, as it is I can't do anything about the ads (unless I upgrade to paying customer status, which isn't anything I really want) - but if you want I can create an account for ya, just PM me & we'll getcha goin' one way or another

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-27-2016 01:51 AM

Incidentally folks, I've had no trouble accessing tonight, so it would seem either Fan's worked his magic OR the forum's bout with indigestion's passed sans any serious stomach upset

Yet the mystery remains: Was it something it ate? The world may never know

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 05-05-2016 07:16 PM

For some reason I'm getting about 80% errors on trying read a page or post something. The blog that I posted in the "poor" thread was painful as I had to repost several times to get it to take. I'll see you all tomorrow. Being here in Na Joisey I think I'm going to hit a fine restaurant for a bite to eat. C-Ya
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-05-2016 08:01 PM

I am currently not having any problems here, but, something, is going on, with other sites that I can't get to. I have been deleting , history and cookies on a reg basis, I '"seem" to have less problem, I get the sense "something want's or is on my machine". OK....may be I'm crazier, than usual?? :shock:
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-05-2016 10:02 PM

I couldn't access the forum between noon and 3 today.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

FF Lifeboat & Other Downtime Alternatives

Post by Riddick » 05-05-2016 11:57 PM

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 05-06-2016 03:57 PM

Slow as hell now (5PM Eastern) but I'm not sure if it's the FF server or my motel connection.

I've had to give up more than a few times.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”