2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Post by Doka » 09-26-2015 09:54 AM

OK I'm going to start this. Question: When I log in my name Doka , Hi Doka does not appear, hence my question as to "if I'm here or not.

Any sugestions?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Fan
Lady with a

Re: 2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Post by Fan » 09-26-2015 03:58 PM

Doka wrote:OK I'm going to start this. Question: When I log in my name Doka , Hi Doka does not appear, hence my question as to "if I'm here or not.

Any sugestions?

Hmmm, where would you expect to see this? I can assure you you are logged in, you would not be able to post otherwise, and I see your username attached to this post, on the left hand side for instance.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-26-2015 08:29 PM

Hmmm, where would you expect to see this?
On the top right of the log in page.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-27-2015 08:16 AM

OK, this is the login page ucp.php?mode=login

You can go here to see your control panel ucp.php (the little person icon in the bar top right).

I guess it does not say "Hello Doka" but you are most definitely logged in.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-27-2015 09:43 AM

Thanks Fan. Like Dude , I'm scrambling to get used to stuff. :shock:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-27-2015 01:53 PM

I have a question about the "Active Topics" function - Isn't it supposed to return something other than nothing? I'd understand that result if there actually were no active topics in the last day, but as I know that not to be the case, seeing nothing is NOT believing knowhutImean??
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-27-2015 06:10 PM

Anyone else having issues with doing a search?

Out of thousands of posts, IMHO only a mere 8 matches for the term "weather" seems a bit on the lacking side...

search.php?keywords=weather&terms=all&a ... mit=Search
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-29-2015 12:02 PM

Riddick wrote:I have a question about the "Active Topics" function - Isn't it supposed to return something other than nothing? I'd understand that result if there actually were no active topics in the last day, but as I know that not to be the case, seeing nothing is NOT believing knowhutImean??
is this the link you mean? search.php?search_id=newposts

if not give me the link I will check it out.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-29-2015 12:03 PM

Riddick wrote:Anyone else having issues with doing a search?

Out of thousands of posts, IMHO only a mere 8 matches for the term "weather" seems a bit on the lacking side...

it may be the search index needs updating, it takes forever since we have so many posts so it may have timed out, will go run it manually.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-29-2015 03:32 PM

Fan wrote:
Riddick wrote:I have a question about the "Active Topics" function - Isn't it supposed to return something other than nothing? I'd understand that result if there actually were no active topics in the last day, but as I know that not to be the case, seeing nothing is NOT believing knowhutImean??

This one: search.php?search_id=active_topics - I always get zip, zero, nada coming up, but I know there's been topics active in the last 24 hours.

The "New Posts" function gives me threads with new posts since my last visit, which is what I'd expect.

-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-29-2015 04:11 PM

Riddick wrote:
Fan wrote:

This one: search.php?search_id=active_topics - I always get zip, zero, nada coming up, but I know there's been topics active in the last 24 hours.

The "New Posts" function gives me threads with new posts since my last visit, which is what I'd expect.

Gotcha, this should be fixed now.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-29-2015 04:29 PM

there are now 4050 results for weather in the search. Should be good.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-29-2015 11:34 PM

Fan wrote:

there are now 4050 results for weather in the search. Should be good.
Would it still be good If I were to tell you that instead of 4050 results for 'weather' in the search, I'm getting only a mere 4006? Fact is, good OR bad that's what's happening :eek: :shock:

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-29-2015 11:41 PM

Fan wrote:
Riddick wrote:
Fan wrote:is this the link you mean? search.php?search_id=newposts

Gotcha, this should be fixed now.
Danke! The old Active Topics gave the last 24 hours, though I see that's an option one can explore after first using the function, which initially returns the last week's worth... Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

-Donald Trump Image

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 09-29-2015 11:52 PM

I figured you'd try to escape, Riddick, so I took the liberty of removing 44 results, and your horse's brain.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “FF IT Tech”