2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: 2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2015 12:46 AM

SquidInk wrote:I figured you'd try to escape, Riddick, so I took the liberty of removing 44 results, and your horse's brain.
Mr. Horse Responds To Having His Brain Removed --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRWlTkuLWFQ

...Which leads to the question, insomuch escape is impossible, how does one embed Youtube vids?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 06:32 AM

youtube embeds I still have to work on, will do so.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 09:47 AM

The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 09:48 AM

there is now a youtube button on the editor. You just hit that then paste in the full URL to the youtube video (what you see in the address bar, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYiyDlCD74).

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-30-2015 12:01 PM

Lots of users on line I see.

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] :shock:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2015 01:42 PM

Fan wrote:there is now a youtube button on the editor. You just hit that then paste in the full URL to the youtube video (what you see in the address bar, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYiyDlCD74).
Thanks Fan!

Btw, how about Youtube embeds in past posts? I'd say big picture, a high priority 'put right' action item they're not... Yet even so, as time allows hopefully a handy-dandy fix can be had for all the sore thumbs and such sticking out, knowhutImean?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 02:06 PM

Riddick wrote:
Fan wrote:there is now a youtube button on the editor. You just hit that then paste in the full URL to the youtube video (what you see in the address bar, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYiyDlCD74).
Thanks Fan!

Btw, how about Youtube embeds in past posts? I'd say big picture, a high priority 'put right' action item they're not... Yet even so, as time allows hopefully a handy-dandy fix can be had for all the sore thumbs and such sticking out, knowhutImean?
I'll check it out but that may be hard.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2015 02:33 PM

Doka wrote:Lots of users on line I see.

Not to mention all the to-and-fro unregistered and unidentified generic "Guests" and the most popular destination for transient visitors - IMHO it's an understandable initial locale, yet what I don't get is what's all-so fascinating about the Index page you'd never think to leave it - or what's so drearily dull about it, just one quick look is all it takes and it's time to head for the exit??

-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 03:02 PM

Riddick wrote:

Not to mention all the to-and-fro unregistered and unidentified generic "Guests" and the most popular destination for transient visitors - IMHO it's an understandable initial locale, yet what I don't get is what's all-so fascinating about the Index page you'd never think to leave it - or what's so drearily dull about it, just one quick look is all it takes and it's time to head for the exit??

the vast majority of these "guests" are bots, they are just not from major sources so they are unidentified as such.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 03:10 PM

Riddick wrote:
Thanks Fan!

I have added the [yt] tag however, the problem is that the videos will not show unless the post is edited and resubmitted. You don't have to change anything, but it won't do the tag conversion without going through an edit/save sequence. There is no way I can think of to do this en masse.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2015 03:59 PM

Fan wrote:
Riddick wrote:

the vast majority of these "guests" are bots, they are just not from major sources so they are unidentified as such.
Well how about that. Bots like Indices? As if that's all that matters? So much for AI eh... Whatta buncha no-nothing maroons!

-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 04:09 PM

Riddick wrote:
Fan wrote:
Riddick wrote:Not to mention all the to-and-fro unregistered and unidentified generic "Guests" and the most popular destination for transient visitors - IMHO it's an understandable initial locale, yet what I don't get is what's all-so fascinating about the Index page you'd never think to leave it - or what's so drearily dull about it, just one quick look is all it takes and it's time to head for the exit??
Well how about that. Bots like Indices? As if that's all that matters? So much for AI eh... Whatta buncha no-nothing maroons!
bots LIVE for indices :) "Tell me where to go next pretty please?"

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2015 04:25 PM

Fan wrote:
Riddick wrote:
Thanks Fan!

I have added the [yt] tag however, the problem is that the videos will not show unless the post is edited and resubmitted. You don't have to change anything, but it won't do the tag conversion without going through an edit/save sequence. There is no way I can think of to do this en masse.
S'ok, Fan. As it is, it can be lived with well enuff. Not the best of worlds, not the worst, nor by any means the end of the world...

Then again, this is Yours Truly the easy-going Riddick talking: others may have more to say about it along with other stuff eh...? *COUGH* The Dude *COUGH*

-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-30-2015 05:57 PM

Riddick wrote:
Fan wrote:
Riddick wrote:Thanks Fan!

S'ok, Fan. As it is, it can be lived with well enuff. Not the best of worlds, not the worst, nor by any means the end of the world...

Then again, this is Yours Truly the easy-going Riddick talking: others may have more to say about it along with other stuff eh...? *COUGH* The Dude *COUGH*

The dude and I are working closely to make this place as homey as possible for him. There is already an old school skin installed (you can switch to it from your control panel but I would suggest you do not unless you run IE6 like el Dude) - it is unfortunately partially broken apparently, and is waiting for my kind attentions to massage into more usable shape. Things are coming together again.

Riddick
Pirate

BE IT EVER SO HUMBLE THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE A HOMEY ENVIRONMENT

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2015 11:51 PM

No doubt IE6 being The Dude's browser of choice presents its own set of challenges in creating a homey enviroment for him here...

So far's accomodations, I take it the plan for the forum default still is to eventually make it look and work as much like it did just prior to fate moving its huge hand?

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “FF IT Tech”