2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Re: BE IT EVER SO HUMBLE THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE A HOMEY ENVIRONMENT

Post by Fan » 10-01-2015 07:32 AM

Riddick wrote:No doubt IE6 being The Dude's browser of choice presents its own set of challenges in creating a homey enviroment for him here...

So far's accomodations, I take it the plan for the forum default still is to eventually make it look and work as much like it did just prior to fate moving its huge hand?
Work like it - maybe not. Look more like it, yes, I am planning to put some more work into the look. I don't know when it will be done but as time goes on I will continue to tweak it.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

SquidInk

Re: 2015 HELP DESK NEW FORUM

Post by SquidInk » 10-01-2015 10:21 PM

For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-02-2015 07:49 AM

The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 10-02-2015 07:45 PM

I have to ask. Why is Dude still using IE6? If he has an old computer maybe Chrome would be a better browser for him? I know people with older machines have had success with Chrome. It seems to use less resources.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 10-03-2015 04:06 AM

Well Sean I value my privacy 100000% .... (I dont trust any other browser really and with all I have learned I can do with customisation,etc on different sites I am on,I dont think I could do it with any other browser (Not as Much as I can with IE6/MyIE2 (Which I didnt realise until last year)))

If I block CSS I can then see the buttons... Me and Fan dont understand why THE DEMO SITE works fine but the same skin here does not!! (Subsilver/Subsilver2 was made for older browsers or for people who want a fast loading of the site (Its an basic skin))

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/index.php?style=10

They must have a slightly different CSS file,I dont know .... I tried using thier CSS file here but it didnt work...

Its a total mystery........ I guess for now I can simply block CSS to see the reply button and then unblock it all other times...... The site looks VERY STRANGE with CSS blocked but @ least I can see the buttons,etc...... Im grateful Fan installed Subsilver2,its beautiful.... (On any PHPBB site I goto I always SUBSILVER/SUBSILVER2,I love it :))

Fan has always been a very good friend to me and I know he is trying :)

I have always loved PHPBB!! -- Im glad he went to this and not VB4!!! (Or even worse VB5)

Return to “FF IT Tech”